facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Closed Thread

Old March 17, 2007, 10:49 PM
Club Cricketer

I had forecasted Bangladesh would reach semi-final before the start of WC before my colleagues (indian, srilankan). This is the 1st step.

I really liked what the analysts of Sky sports said about Bangladesh. They said it wont surprise them if Bangladesh wins in 2011, they think this team reminds them of Srilanka of 1992.

Old March 17, 2007, 10:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by khano1
Everyone is talking about Tamim Iqbal's superb innings. He played well. But it was Mushfiqur Rahim who impressed me. He was cool headed. Didnt play any risky shot. Played slow, resonably and totally justified why he was chosen over Pilot. Hope we can count on these youngsters for the next match. Sri Lankar shonge bhalo perform korte hobe aar Insha-Allah korbo amra.
You r 100% right. Rahim head is so cool for that reason we win easily. Look at Bashar and Rahim...Rahim is far away better than the Captain...honestly speaking in this match...the worst performance came from our captain...
Old March 17, 2007, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

We won w00t, Allar Rahmatha!!! Im glad my fear of us not pulling it off has been proven wrong... lets see what we can do about these Sri Lankans, inshallah!
Old March 18, 2007, 12:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I can't tell you how much fun we had today while watching the match. Thanks to the Bharatiya association at York University for their attempt in funding this event.

I'll try to collect a few of the pics from there and post here. You'll know what we did there

As for the Tigers, you've played, outplayed, and won the match. Now do it again . Congrats our heroes...and keep doing what you do best - speak with your bat and ball!!!
Old March 18, 2007, 12:24 AM
Street Cricketer

Atlast Bangal tigers knocked out India....they ve done a gr8 job..JOY BANGLADESH.
Old March 18, 2007, 03:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Bowlers Bowled Outstandingly Well. Everyone Bowled Well. Mashrafee Showed His Ability to Destroy One Batting Line-Up. But I Think His Standard is More of This. He has The Ability to be a Legend of World Cricket.

Tamim Iqbal c Dhoni b Patel 51 (55): Played Outstandingly Well. But From Now Oponant will Start to Think About Him More Carefully. India also Had a Plan About Him. But They Failed. Hope He can Survive Against All The Counter Attack.

Shahriar Nafees lbw b Khan 2 (8): Dont Mind. Next Time.

Mushfiqur Rahim not out 56 (107): I am Surprised by His Temperment. He Played 107 balls in The Age of 17 Against One of The Top Test Teams with Full Bowling Attack. Indians Gave Their Everything to Defend Him. But They Failed. Bravo to Him. Hope He can Continue.

He Needs a Little Improvment on his Wicket Keeping. His Keeping was Reminding Me Pilot. If He Failed as a Wicket Keeper, Can Bangladesh Use Him as a Full Time Batter?

Aftab Ahmed lbw b Patel 8 (10): No Comments.

Saqibul Hasan st Dhoni b Sehwag 53 (86): We can Depend On Him in Middle Order. He Proved It Again. Beautifull Show of Technique.

Habibul Bashar st Dhoni b Sehwag 1 (8): No Comments. Next Time.

Mohammad Ashraful not out 8 (23): Please Dear. Show Your Ability. We Need It. You Must Regain Your Form in World Cup.

This is The Best Win for Banladesh Among All The Wins Till Now. It is Not an Upset. Because

1. This Match Had Never Show That India Can Win This Match. They Played Better than India in Every Sectors of a Cricket Match.

2. Before The Match Habibul Bashar Said They Want to Go to 2nd Round and For This They Have to Beat India or Srilanka and They Have The Ability to Do That. In an Upset Match The Weaker Team Never Declare That We are Going to Win This Match.

3. After any Upset Match The Weaker Team Cnnot Tell It Confidently That We Can Beat The Oponant in The Very Next Match. But Bangladesh Can Beat India Again If They Play a Match Today.

Overall This is Just a Win for Bangladesh. A Test Team Beat a Test Team. Why Should This Match is Getting So Importance? Bangladesh has to Move in The 2nd Round and We have to Play Two More Match. One win is Nothing for Us Now a Day.

Have a Nice Time
Old March 18, 2007, 03:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Lets wait and see what we can do against Srilankan!!! Its going to be tough
Old March 18, 2007, 03:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Can anybody clarify what was Bangladesh's final score? Was it 192/5 or was it 195/5. Tigercricket has it as 195 while Cricinfo has it as 192. I know it does not matter any more, now that we won.....I saw Rahim hit the boundary. Does BC trust CI over TC?
Old March 18, 2007, 04:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Thumbs up tamim's powerrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisermatin
Can someone please upload Tamims furious batting? I missed that part. Thanks in advance.

Oi dis is da tamim's vdo,thnxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old March 18, 2007, 04:27 AM
Club Cricketer

http://www.criki.com/videos/show/956
Old March 18, 2007, 04:35 AM
Club Cricketer

ddi anyone see when harbhajan was trying to piss off saqib? was it just me or would he juust not give up? didnt he get hit for a six soon after?
Old March 18, 2007, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Finally,I get the chance to post in this thread,

Well,we knew we will win win it,didnt we?

Insha Allah we will win the next one.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:13 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Extra Innings !!!

mamara apnara kew ki setmax er extra innings dekhen??
i think Charu & mondira hv learnt how 2 behave with Bangladesh in future..

mamara ajke "Aktel" er add ta deksen?? prothom alo er last page e ase

india ke chippa diseeeeeee
Old March 18, 2007, 06:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAHID AFRIDI

salam guys
i m from pakistan our team is out of the cup but i have hope that bangaladesh our brothers qualify for the semifinal atleast and put the name of muslims on top of cricket
good luck our brothers you win our hearts by beating india our arch rivals
one thing more i m very much impressed from young saeed anwar TAMIM IQBAL
allah hafiz
Old March 18, 2007, 06:25 AM
Street Cricketer

BDFlag RE: abdulrahee

abdulrahee salam,

i think it's not right to bring religion in sports.

we hv remembered 1971 when ur soldier killed our people with the name of religion

now when we defeated INDIA, we become ur brother ! ! !
Old March 18, 2007, 06:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: saqib, mushfiq, mash

welll a very late post from me.... but watched the match with all my friends... and just got back from the uni where everyone is playing with colors... ohhh god what a night we had.... I WAS FILLED WITH JOY!!!! SHABBASH BANGALI!!!! ohhh everything was perfect... starting from MASH uprooting sehwags middle stump to rasels tight bowling... to our amazing fielding to our brilliant left arm spin bowling... and then WOWWWW THE TAMIM BASH!!!! goodness me... i always was a fan of Jayasuriya and Gilchrist... this kid just reminded me of the jayasuriya of 1996... it doesnt only take ability... but COURAGE for a young kid of 17 to go down the track and SMASH Zaheer bowling at 140ks over the mid wicket area for a six which landed on the 2nd tier .... ohh goodness that six was justt the best six i have seen... praully better than even the six which aftab had hit to win the match against australia... and then it was the brilliance of 18 year old Rahim... now a young kid of his age is expected to have hot blood... but this guy played as if he is as matured as say ummm INZI whos almost retiring... ohhh how beautifully he read the game... how beautifully he played according to the situation... and sakib im full of praises for this kid... he is definately one of the best young allrounders... some compares him to shoaib malik but guys hes better... hahaha.... for some reason i rate this victory higher than the victory against Australia... this victory has rang the doorbell to say to the BIG 8s that GUYS WE ARE HERE TO STAY! and moreover what an answer to the [] indian media... who NEVER EVER EVER gave us the credit for winning the match... they were all the time saying it was an upset... even that MANDIRA BEDI said in the end ... that BANGLADESH DOESNT HAVE DAYS LIKE THIS IT WAS A ONE IN A BILLION DAY!!! how many times do we have to beat them to make them realize that guys we dont cause UPSETS anymore these are EXPECTED victories.... the joy i had of seeing mandira almost in tears was too much.... and the commentators... goodness me what do they think we cant bat or something when we needed 48 they were saying INDIA could win.... curse you guys... and the INDIAN MEDIA get some brain... STOP SAYING YOUR PLAYERS TRANSFORM TO TIGERS DRINKING P3p$!I!!! WE ARE TIGERS NOT YOU [] hahaha WE SHOWED YOU WHO ARE THE REAL TIGERS... and HAH TO BECOME ONE YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE P3p$! YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE COURAGE WHICH OUR ROYAL BENGAL TIGERS HAVE!!!!!! MY SALUTE TO YOU GUYS !!!!! THANKYOU FOR GIVING US SUCH JOYOUS DAY!!!! and to end with the radio foorti ad- A WARNING NOTICE FOR ALL THE TEAMS IN THE WI, IT HAS BEEN HEARD A TEAM OF 15 ROYAL BENGAL TIGERS HAVE BEEN UNLEASHED, THEY ARE APPARENTLY VERY HUNGRY, AND ARE LOOKING FOR THEIR NEXT PREY! hahah let that prey be SRI LANKA !!!! CHOLO BANGLADESH!!!!

Last edited by reverse_swing; March 18, 2007 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: mod.content: Please try to avoid using strong words.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: saqib, mushfiq, mash

ohh and the other lil note i forgot to mention.... bcci please please now get some sense and arrange a tour for bangladesh.... well dont worry we will reject it!!!!! dont make cricket a business play it like its a game ya!!!! we are here to stay !!!! but hey we welcome your team to bd!!! come to the tigers den, hahaha we will greet you with the tigers hospitality!!! and extra innings just began.. and yet again they are saying what an upset... please srilanka kick these indians extremely badly on the 23rd!

Last edited by reverse_swing; March 18, 2007 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: mod.edit: all bold removed. Please follow our forum guidelines always. Thanks!
Old March 18, 2007, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Can anyone please tell me how I can broadcast from my computer. Do I need special software
Old March 18, 2007, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

I just join the PARTY. It's the real celebration time. Most of our members were predicting and expecting such an episode, that's why many of us could not sleep well in the previous night from tension. All ended in a way, which cannot be much better. All praises to the Almighty, who blessed the 150 million people with the invaluable gift.
Old March 18, 2007, 07:27 AM
Street Cricketer

I hadn't the opportunity to watch Bangladesh matches prior to yesterday and boy Bangladesh delivered the goods when I eventually did. I think Dravid made a poor decision as a captain deciding to bat first, then again, I don't think that their bowling attack has any merit. Our bowling was simply superb. The consistency with both length and line was absolutely pleasing to watch. Mahrafe has some real talent the way he can bowl consistently at that speed (always near the 87mph mark) and control it. I think its a shame that Rasel did not get any wickets. He was a perfect compliment to Mashrafe with his accurate medium pace. Out of all the sides I have watched playing in this tournament, I can safely say that Bangladesh, from their performance yesterday, have a very good pair of pace bowlers that are consistent with length and line and thats what matters consistency. But I think there was some poor captaincy from Bashar too. When he introduced the spinners he could have been a little more attacking with his field setting, forcing the Indians to hit over the top or try the boundaries by saving singles. Nonetheless, an excellent display on the with the ball and the commitment shown in the field was very good to see.

I have always remembered the batting to be rash from our players, but there was an air of control yesterday over how they went about chasing a subdued total. The young guys really stood up to the challenge and were not scared to play shots which was encouraging. But the way Rahim gathered the innings for us at such a young age goes to show that Bangladesh are eventually playing thinking cricket too. He showed the class of a Dravid or Tendulker with the relative inexperience.

By far the better team with the bat and the bowl was Bangladesh and therefore they deserved the victory. Then again, international cricket is all about consistency. Teams like South Africa and Australia are sides to be wary of because their players are consistent and deliver the goods when needed the most. If Bangladesh can perform the same again against Sri Lanka (regardless of the outcome) then I am sure, Bangladesh will become a team not to be taken lightly.

Looking forwards to the Sri Lanka match.
Old March 18, 2007, 11:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reazrana
abdulrahee salam,

i think it's not right to bring religion in sports.

we hv remembered 1971 when ur soldier killed our people with the name of religion

now when we defeated INDIA, we become ur brother ! ! !
Reazrana and Abdulrahee, welcome to BC.

Just so that you know, we have a Forget Cricket forum for discussing politics. I personally don't see any problems with abdulrahee's comment that Muslims should get up there, but politics is wholly different. So please refrain from discussing politics in match threads.

I am only a concerned member, and would like to welcome you guys onboard. I may be missing a lot more of the newcomers. But everyone, enjoy your stay
Old March 18, 2007, 12:06 PM
Street Cricketer

Being a college student, my feeling is like an "A" grade in a class where I expected to get a "D" grade. Shabash Tigers. Roarrrr with open teath. Now lets see Who call us toothless tigers?
Old March 18, 2007, 05:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Yesterday was my lucky day!
cable na thaka shotteo LIVE match dekhe fellam online ei!
What a match! What a brilliant performance frm our team!
Just SUPERB!! I hope they will continue with this in forthcoming matches.
Goodluck to BD Cricket Team! We Love u!
Old March 18, 2007, 07:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika
Yesterday was my lucky day!
cable na thaka shotteo LIVE match dekhe fellam online ei!
What a match! What a brilliant performance frm our team!
Just SUPERB!! I hope they will continue with this in forthcoming matches.
Goodluck to BD Cricket Team! We Love u!
guess what Anika.. I didnt have the opportunity to watch BD cricket when I was in BD, First time I had the opportunity to BD cricket live in a stadium was yesterday... what a match...POISHA USHOOL..
Old March 18, 2007, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond
guess what Anika.. I didnt have the opportunity to watch BD cricket when I was in BD, First time I had the opportunity to BD cricket live in a stadium was yesterday... what a match...POISHA USHOOL..
Perfect Debut for JamesBond!!!!!
Closed Thread