facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2010, 10:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful
Default PM seeks ICC, ECB help

PM seeks ICC, ECB help

UNB, Dhaka
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday sought cooperation and assistance from International Cricket Council (ICC) and England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) for the development of cricket in Bangladesh.

She also sought support from the ICC so that Bangladesh can participate in the Champions Trophy.

The prime minister sought the assistance and cooperation when ICC president David Morgan and his delegation called on her at the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).

ICC media and communication head Coline Givson, ECB chief executive David Collier, MCC president John Barclay and MCC assistant secretary Simo Swift were among the ICC delegation members.

Ambassador at large M Ziauddin, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President AHM Mustafa Kamal MP, Principal Secretary MA Karim, PMO secretary Molla Waheeduzaman and Press Secretary to the Prime Minister Abul Kalam Azad were, among others, present during the meeting.

Hasina said Bangladesh is very appreciative of the MCC's training and cricket education exchange programmes with Bangladesh. She sought more initiatives in this regard from the MCC to help the country's youngsters.

The prime minister said Bangladesh is confident of presenting to the world a colourful opening ceremony of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 and will make every effort to ensure that the event will be a successful one.

She sought the ICC and ECB support so that Bangladesh could get more home and away matches against stronger teams in the ICC's Future Tour Programmes (FTP).

Press Secretary to the Prime Minister Abul Kalam Azad briefed the reporters.

The prime minister said Bangladesh got the Test cricket status during her previous tenure, when her government extended all out cooperation for the development of sports, especially cricket.

She said that the present government is very much sincere about the development of sports and would do everything possible for this sector.

ICC President David Morgan appreciated the enthusiasm of the prime minister about the development of cricket in Bangladesh.

He said the cricket of Bangladesh under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is doing very well and this development is very much encouraging.

Morgan assured that ICC would extend all sorts of cooperation for the development of Bangladesh's cricket.

Source: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=22839

It is very interesting and I am happy to see our PM directly got involved in cricket. I hope, we can build good communication with ECB. More players can get involved in their county cricket in near future.

Old March 23, 2010, 10:35 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Please help yourself and dispose that old lota you are using as bcb head.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old March 23, 2010, 10:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

I think President of BCB is worth more than President or PM of BD. If Hasina dadi is wanting a better status, she will look forward to dethrone Mostofa alias Lotus alias Loitta. I believe she has the greed and the commitment
Old March 23, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Nice move PM and now please be real smart by removing Lotta from BCB.
Old March 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Boy, I didn't realise that being the President of ICC almost accorded you head of state treatment in Bangladesh. Apparently, in Sonargaon, their is a life size banner of him hanging.

He hasn't received so much patta in his life I am sure. The guy's head must be so big, I hope he can get through the door into his room. Pity he is leaving his post soon. All these rose petals completely wasted !
Old March 24, 2010, 07:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Not sure how Hasina's plea may help our cricket, but looks like it may do wonders for Lotus!

BCB president in line for the ICC post

http://www.cricdb.com/archive/intern...l.php?nid=2988

Quote:
If AHM Mustafa Kamal, FCA, MP, survives as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president for few more years then he may succeed former Australian Prime Minister, John Howard, as ICC vice president in 2012 (when Howard takes over from Sharad Pawar as ICC chief) and ICC president in 2014.
Old March 24, 2010, 09:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

When Awami League came to power again, I was hoping to see Saber Hussain take the post of BCB again, instead, we get this illiterate dictator called Lotus who embarrases himself with Loud bright coloured neck tie and keeps shaking the hands of International players. Saber was brilliant, knew how to speak, knew how to administer a cricket board but this Lotus knows nothing other than bullying cricketers and flattering the PM, the Empire, the BCCI and ICC president
Old March 24, 2010, 05:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
When Awami League came to power again, I was hoping to see Saber Hussain take the post of BCB again, instead, we get this illiterate dictator called Lotus who embarrases himself with Loud bright coloured neck tie and keeps shaking the hands of International players. Saber was brilliant, knew how to speak, knew how to administer a cricket board but this Lotus knows nothing other than bullying cricketers and flattering the PM, the Empire, the BCCI and ICC president
when Saber Hussain himself doesnt want to take the position of BCB then there is hardly anything PM can do. Saber Hussain wanted to be in active politics so he refused to be BCB president in past (as i heard) ! But at least PM can change this Lota Kamal and place a knowledgeable and brainy one !
Old March 24, 2010, 06:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Let's not twist facts now. Mr. Kamal is a qualified chartered accountant and had topped the exams in all of Pakistan before Independence. And from what I am aware of Saber Hossain Chowdhury was never going to get the post again as he is a reformist and he upset Hasina during CTG rule.
Old March 25, 2010, 12:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
Boy, I didn't realise that being the President of ICC almost accorded you head of state treatment in Bangladesh. Apparently, in Sonargaon, their is a life size banner of him hanging.

He hasn't received so much patta in his life I am sure. The guy's head must be so big, I hope he can get through the door into his room. Pity he is leaving his post soon. All these rose petals completely wasted !
Mora hati lakh taka.

Certainly he will be somewhat involved with ECB, IPL, Champions Trophy, Big Bash or PCL when his time is up. His word would still weigh some influence on others.
Old March 25, 2010, 02:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Hey Equinox,

are you a relative of Loitta or something? how do you know about loitta topping his exams?

To the rest of the group: man, even the last ray of hope of getting rid of this loitta has now disappeared with this news. now this megalomaniac loitta is never going to retire (before 2014) and hasina/the next pm is going to be content with loitta's oiling ......