facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 10, 2011, 07:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6alltheway
Flipping heck .. getting tired of all these negative posts and thread.

If we play aggressively and try to get 250+ we get bowled out for under 100.

IF we try build an innings and play 50 overs, they get slated. What the hell do you guys want? play like Sri Lanka? We dont have players of that quality it.

Dont you get it, these players are not good enough to BEAT the top sides regularly.

We simply dont have good enough players so stop having a go at the team. Watch the team play becuase this is good as its going to get.

210 looks much better than 58 or 78 anyday of the week. We don't have players that can suddenly burst and make runs, when they go for it, THEY GET OUT. Look at Tamim today, after getting 50 and 2nd ball slog. OUT. Shakib went for it and got out.

What cost us today was the bowling, anything above 240, 250 is impossible for us. If you want to blame some people, blame our bowlers, last 2 overs cost us dear.
exactly bro, u spoke my mind...... Its loud and clear we dont have quality players....And those wins just came like that. If we want to win consistently we need quality players....some more like Tamim, Shakib, mash not like kapali, Ash, nafeez, Homey...

Old April 10, 2011, 08:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Finally some sense.

Thank you 6alltheway!!
Old April 10, 2011, 08:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I want to die with a clear conscience, having tried my utmost to fulfill all of my spiritual, social and expiatory obligations.

Oops. wrong thread!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 10, 2011, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i want us to give it a shot. 270 target ase, 250-260 kore a/o hoye jaitam jodi,atleast eita jantam je ekta fight disilo.
Old April 10, 2011, 09:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

+ 1.

Also agreed with the OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
The Bangladesh cricket team doesn't owe us anything. We are adults who spent our own time, money and resources to see our team play. It was our choice, and our choice alone. If we have a problem in regretting that choice, then it's our problem, not the team's.

The question asked is what we as fans want from the team, not our self-aggrandised notions of what is 'owed' to us, which is such an egotestical concept.

What I, as a passionate fan, want is for the team to play to the best of its abilities, day in and day out. And that hasn't been happening the last few matches. Why it hasn't is a totally different question, which we could analyse in other threads.
Old April 10, 2011, 12:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I want to die with a clear conscience, having tried my utmost to fulfill all of my spiritual, social and expiatory obligations.

Oops. wrong thread!
By max bench pressing 100lbs if you want to go for a middle linebacker try out (High-school and up)...after first practice...
Old April 10, 2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The truth is we're not good enough. Our rightful place in the rankings is probably below Ireland - just give them more games against better opposition and you'll see.

Fans have expectations, yes, but what is the basis of these expectations? We have to realize that we don't have the players to fulfill them. Yes, we beat NZ 4-0, but what have we done since that has been of any significance? Even against England, we needed our best fast bowler to save our sorry puny buttocks with the bat. We lack consistency and we lack good batsmen. The ones we have are incapable of believing in themselves and incapable of showing any intent. We are just that bad and I don't understand the reactions after the first game, because frankly I don't expect any better from this team.
Old April 10, 2011, 01:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
The ++3 hours on BC should not be counted as wasted.
for me the whole 22 hours was WELL SPENT ....

but for some ppl it was Wasted totally or partially.
Old April 10, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
The Bangladesh cricket team doesn't owe us anything. We are adults who spent our own time, money and resources to see our team play. It was our choice, and our choice alone. If we have a problem in regretting that choice, then it's our problem, not the team's.

The question asked is what we as fans want from the team, not our self-aggrandised notions of what is 'owed' to us, which is such an egotestical concept.

What I, as a passionate fan, want is for the team to play to the best of its abilities, day in and day out. And that hasn't been happening the last few matches. Why it hasn't is a totally different question, which we could analyse in other threads.
Top Post Sameer! totally agree with Tigers_Eye and 6allthe way. reality bites: Miracle doesn't happen everyday!(otherwise, it isn't a miracle, is it? )

One win against aussie(not exactly a miracle, but quite possible) and BC will be over the moon,
and we will start DUI again(kabir bro's signature )

with that being said, I know many patriotic Bangladeshis who do not like cricket. They find it as a waste of time and energy.

I also happen to know non-Bangladeshis who love Cricket, in particular Bangladesh Cricket. Many of them can be found periodically in this forum.
Old April 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

If they show the "intent" and get out for 58/78, we loose our sleep. And if they bat to save their *** from another 58/78 incident, we start swearing at them. Actually we, the supporters are going too fast.....give them another 200 years before expecting anything better from them. No matter how much we shout at them and how many threads we open, they will not be able to do any better than what they r doing and we should not expect anything miraculous from them. The reality is we r much inferior than ireland and netherlands. How many times did our team win against any opponent chasing 300+ run? Well ireland did so twice in this WC alone and proved that they r very well capable of doing that on a regular basis. Cuz they have consistent and very confident batting line up.
Old April 10, 2011, 02:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura43
If they show the "intent" and get out for 58/78, we loose our sleep. And if they bat to save their *** from another 58/78 incident, we start swearing at them. Actually we, the supporters are going too fast.....give them another 200 years before expecting anything better from them. No matter how much we shout at them and how many threads we open, they will not be able to do any better than what they r doing and we should not expect anything miraculous from them. The reality is we r much inferior than ireland and netherlands. How many times did our team win against any opponent chasing 300+ run? Well ireland did so twice in this WC alone and proved that they r very well capable of doing that on a regular basis. Cuz they have consistent and very confident batting line up.
200 years should be enough, if not then we can wait for another 200 years.
Old April 10, 2011, 04:32 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
+ 1.

Also agreed with the OP!
never knew the meaning until now ... google is my friend!

Quote:
Question: What Does 'O.P.' Stand For? What Does It Mean?
Answer: 'OP' has two common meanings in the 21st century. It will sometimes mean 'overpowered' in the world of online gaming. More commonly, OP means 'original poster' in discussion forums. The original poster is the person who started a discussion thread, and OP is used to refer back to that person as the responses grow.