facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 12, 2004, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default A Hoax and a Challenge

Recently The New Nation swallowed a hoax - hook, line and sinker.

Here is the New Nation article

Giant human skeleton found in Saudi Arabia

By Saalim Alvi from Riyadh
Apr 22, 2004, 12:04

Recently gas exploration is going in the desert of south east region of Saudi Arabia. This desert region is called Empty Quarter, which means in Arabic "RAB - UL -KHAALEE"; this body has been found by ARAMCO exploration team. This proves what Allah SWT said in QURAN about the people of AAD nation and HOOD nation.

They were so tall, wide and very power full that they were able to pull out big trees just with the one hand. But what happen after when they become misguided and disobeys Allah SWT, Allah SWT destroyed the whole nation. ULEMA KIRAM of Saudi Arabia believes that this body belongs to AAD nation.

Saudi military took over this whole area. And nobody is allowed to go in this region except Saudi ARAMCO personnel's. Saudi government has kept it very secret but some military helicopters took pictures from air. And one of them he runs on internet here in Saudi Arabia.

My challenge:

20 pts to the first person who can point to the real story behind this.

50 pts to the person who can identify the original picture that was photoshopped.

What are the points redeemable for? More points.

[Edited on 12-6-2004 by Zunaid]

Old June 12, 2004, 01:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Gullible Fools (redundant ?)!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Recently The New Nation swallowed a hoax - hook, line and sinker.

Here is the New Nation article

Giant human skeleton found in Saudi Arabia

By Saalim Alvi from Riyadh
Apr 22, 2004, 12:04

Recently gas exploration is going in the desert of south east region of Saudi Arabia. This desert region is called Empty Quarter, which means in Arabic "RAB - UL -KHAALEE"; this body has been found by ARAMCO exploration team. This proves what Allah SWT said in QURAN about the people of AAD nation and HOOD nation.

They were so tall, wide and very power full that they were able to pull out big trees just with the one hand. But what happen after when they become misguided and disobeys Allah SWT, Allah SWT destroyed the whole nation. ULEMA KIRAM of Saudi Arabia believes that this body belongs to AAD nation.

Saudi military took over this whole area. And nobody is allowed to go in this region except Saudi ARAMCO personnel's. Saudi government has kept it very secret but some military helicopters took pictures from air. And one of them he runs on internet here in Saudi Arabia.

My challenge:

20 pts to the first person who can point to the real story behind this.

50 pts to the person who can identify the original picture that was photoshopped.

What are the points redeemable for? More points.

[Edited on 12-6-2004 by Zunaid]

That was an easy one:
It was a doctored pix (digitally I'm sure to make it look real) of an excavation of some old N.Amrican huge elephant-crossbreeding-h2obuffalo-combo animal.

Below is the source:

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/outr...don/index.html

now..I'll take my points medium rare and to go plz.
Old June 12, 2004, 02:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid

There is no reference to Aad people being giants in Quran. Neither is there any mention that they could pull out trees with bear hands. These are all made up stuff and has no true basis.

Further more the guy who wrote this obviously never opened Quran. Hud is not the name of any group of people. Hud was a messenger who was sent to the people of Aad! Following is about all that Quran has to say about Aad people.

Quote:
Quran 7:65-73
To `Aad we sent their brother Hood. He said, "O my people, worship GOD; you have no other god beside Him. Would you then observe righteousness?" The leaders who disbelieved among his people said, "We see that you are behaving foolishly, and we think that you are a liar." He said, "O my people, there is no foolishness in me; I am a messenger from the Lord of the universe. "I deliver to you my Lord's messages, and I am honestly advising you. "Is it too much of a wonder that a message should come to you from your Lord, through a man like you, to warn you? Recall that He made you inheritors after the people of Noah, and multiplied your number. Remember GOD's blessings, that you may succeed." They said, "Did you come to make us worship GOD alone, and abandon what our parents used to worship? We challenge you to bring the doom you threaten us with, if you are truthful." He said, "You have incurred condemnation and wrath from your Lord. Do you argue with me in defense of innovations you have fabricated - you and your parents - which were never authorized by GOD? Therefore, wait and I will wait along with you." We then saved him and those with him, by mercy from us, and we annihilated those who rejected our revelations and refused to be believers.
Quote:
Quran 11:50-60
To `Aad we sent their brother Hood. He said, "O my people, worship GOD; you have no other god besides Him. You are inventing. O my people, I do not ask you for any wage. My wage comes only from the One who initiated me. Do you not understand? O my people, seek forgiveness from your Lord, then repent to Him. He will then shower you with provisions from the sky, and augment your strength. Do not turn back into transgressors." They said, "O Hood, you did not show us any proof, and we are not abandoning our gods on account of what you say. We will never be believers with you. "We believe that some of our gods have afflicted you with a curse." He said, "I bear witness before GOD, and you bear witness as well, that I disown the idols you have set up - "beside Him. So, give me your collective decision, without delay. "I have put my trust in GOD, my Lord and your Lord. There is not a creature that He does not control. My Lord is on the right path. "If you turn away, I have delivered to you what I was sent with. My Lord will substitute other people in your place; you cannot harm Him in the least. My Lord is in control of all things." When our judgment came, we saved Hood and those who believed with him, by mercy from us. We saved them from a terrible retribution. Such was `Aad - they disregarded the revelations of their Lord, disobeyed His messengers, and followed the ways of every stubborn tyrant. Consequently, they incurred condemnation in this world, and on the Day of Resurrection. Indeed, `Aad rejected their Lord. Indeed, `Aad, the people of Hood, have perished.

As far as the skeleton goes, its completely fake. The archaeological hoax was arranged as a competition here:
Archaeological" target="_blank">http://www.worth1000.com/cache/conte...Archaeological Hoax Contest
the picture as made by their member named IronKite.

Here is original and fake side by side:

Now what will I do with the points!.....

[Edited on 12-6-2004 by nasif]
Old June 12, 2004, 04:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Nasif,

Good point with the Quranic issue. I think you should seriously consider sending a response to 'The Nation'.
Old June 14, 2004, 04:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Who is ULEMA KIRAM?