facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 12, 2008, 09:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai

One more thing in this regard I should mention, I think the writer lady spent more time with female than males in Pakistan and that might also shape for point of view.
Hmm from the actual article it seemed the other way round to me. Most of the people she quoted were guys, like shop keeper or some bus driver..

Old December 13, 2008, 01:33 AM
Test Cricketer

i didn't enjoy reading that article. sorry about that. And all the urdo which was used in that article should have been translated in English..please note, we don't understand URDo nor we want to learn or read.

Pakistan is now going down to hell, and now they need friends. All the pakistani will behave really good now. Trust me! if they had power, you would discover a totally different person.

I will always try to avoid pakistanis no matter what. Recently i was applying Visa for Japan, the counselor asked me whether i have ever visited Pakistan or not.

so guys, if you have paki visa in our passport, you are doomed.
Old December 13, 2008, 01:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetPak
I agree there should be an official apology.

Here is what Pervez Musharraf said during his visit to BAN in 2002
"Your brothers and sisters in Pakistan share the pains of the events of 1971. The excesses committed during the unfortunate period are regrettable,"

Should have finished the sentence by saying "we are extremely sorry for the happenings in 1971"
They share the pain?
What have they lost beside a looting grounds?

Musharraf's comment was more derogative. He should have better shut his stinking hole. We dont need crocodile tears.

That lame statement is far from an official apology.
Now that i was expecting one from him anyways.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 13, 2008, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
furqan bhaiya sometimes tumi beshi chillao ... ajaira!
na chillale, kew shune na...

tumi eto chup chap kan aaj kaal? bow pittachche naki tomake?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 13, 2008, 10:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Honestly Bangladesh should get out of this whole India, Pakistan thing.... just focus on economic development . Citizens of no other country spend so much time on arguing back and forth about neighbors... infact I remember few years back in an India-Pakistan cricket match, a Bangladeshi student got killed during clashes between Indian and Pakistani fans WTH!

Even in my family, the Awami league supporters are die hard Indian fan, almost to the extent where they feel we should worship India for the humanatarian and selfless act in 71. While one of my fuppi who is in Barisal is pro Jamaat and feels that the incidents in 71 are highly exaggerated etc etc. I think the BNP supporters are waivering between the 2 sides.. just go with the flow type. These mentalities are just pathetic.(didn't mean to generalize the supporters of the parties, but just like the percentage figure given by people this is my way of stereotyping...)

US used two nuclear bombs on inncoent civilians of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, germans oppressed and killed thousands of Jews. But all those countries have learned to get over it. Instead of talking about hatred and how the other nations are inherently bad in nature,t hey focused on International pressure to get official apology and compensation where applicable. Ar amra Bangladeshira ashol jaygay nai, we haven't been able to do any meaninful trial of war criminals, use international and political measures to have Pakistan government compensate the victim's family,make an official apology... but we are all into individual racial hatred "all Pakistanis are evil, they are arrogant etc etc"... What's the point of blaming nationality of people. Japanese don't blame every american for the nuclear bombing nor do jewish people blame all germans on this.

Anyways our Victory day is coming, we should focus on building a strong prosperous country, having a free and fair election can just be the first step towards it..

Last edited by imtiaz82; December 14, 2008 at 12:52 PM..
Old December 14, 2008, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

The writer went with a media delegation, which was designed to meet certain purposes. One of the main purpose is image building. We see that happening everywhere. That really doesn't speak of a national feelings as she is trying to picturise. the pak government's pacification efforts have worked. Similar programs are happening alround the world, even the BD Army did it for prolonged time with our mainland journalists in the case of CHT.

I have visited Pakistan for 4 times in last 5 years. It's not that I don't meet people who will call me brothers and everything she said when ever they know I'm from BD. I have worked and been in informal relations with pakistanis in many places. One thing I have realised is that for 99.99% those brotherly dialogues are all lip services and reality is completely different. The government's policies toward BDeshis are extremely unfriendly & hostile. If you are not a government delegate, be ready to be treated as a terrorist, the moment you land up in Pak airports. BD & Indians have a seperate security procedure to go through. I can go on and on about the unfriendly treatments. BD even doesnt have a direct shipping connection due to the resistance of Pak govt.

Inshort, I must say that a very small percentage of Pakistanis are genuinely syspathetic to Bangladesh & the number is ofcourse increasing. It was the Pak Military who did the attrocities & it was them who were in the power all along, even today, directly or indirectly. They have systematically propagated against BD during the war and covered up with a lots of lies in the post war times, which the children were reading & learning to hate BD from the schools. So I don't blame the people much for their ignorance & attitude. If Pak can get liberated from it's military, things will change faster.

Surely they have also lost; What they have lost? Think of CHT getting seperated from BD after 25 years of unrest & a Chakma asking question what they have lost? Simply 20% of our land apart from all other things. So Pakistan have lost as well, land if not anything else. ie people, resources, etc etc.

The history of Germany was put brutally upright after the allied forces won over hitler, but it couldn't be done with the military dictators of pak after our victory in 71. We may have been subjected to hatred of some common people due to their propaganda against us, but the Pak people are losing much much more than us & the military is still in power. The educated people have read some of the facts from non pakistani writers to know some of the realities, so they accept the mistakes but were also subjected to the extreme anti BD propaganda and it's not possible for them to not believe any of it or erase all of it from their memory. So even the ultra patriotic (Benefitted by Mil & their sympathisers) literates also preserve some hatred due to their distorted knowledge gained through propagandas.

Those Islamic brotherhood type of things are extreme lip services by any paki, as we can observe their demonestration of brotherhood in case of Afg, Iran, Kashmir etc etc. So those who get excited hearing such words from pakistanis are living in fools paradise.

We all know how difficult it is to comeout of a distorted history, when that's politicised, it takes generations. Take the case of Mujib & Zia in BD both parties tried to distort things in their way and we still can't have two ex presidents to coexist, leaving aside all controversies. It takes time to change things even all the truth is in front of you, while it is much much difficult for a common Pakistani to know and visualize what happened almost 4 decades before to be convinced and start loving BD. It takes serious interest for a person to know those facts, but due to the opening of pak media in recent years and the conflict of media & the Military dictators have allowed them to bring forward some of the truths of 71 to discredit the military, that's how some people are getting to know some truth sitting at home. They make up less than a percent yet. Hope Pak gets liberated from the Army and that will change this situation rapidly.

But I really don't care wheather they like us or hate us. Makes no difference for me, oif they can't break free from the military rules, they are going to be ruined by themselves, anyway. Change in Pak attitude is more needed for their better future than ours. A blunt apology for 71 is what will signal that they have broken free from the Military & are civilized enough to live in harmony with their next door neighbours.

They are still far away from that change to take place, that's what I realized during my recent Pak visits.
Old December 15, 2008, 05:17 AM
Test Cricketer

BanFAN good one. enjoyed reading it.
As my dad said to a paki guy once in SAudi :

baad korteho ferestake tara,
kaam korteho kutta ke tara...
Old December 16, 2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

Life is short.

The best of creation, Muhammad ibn Abdullah sollallahu alaihi wa sallam informed us that arrogance is dangerous. Iblis thought he was better than Adam and said "Ana khairun minhu", i.e. "I am better than him."

As for Bengalis who experience racism from Pakistanis, this is a blessing from Allah as it wipes out your sins, they have abused you and will be held to account on the day of judgement.

Pakistan is going to disintegrate soon, or become the next Iraq.
Old December 17, 2008, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

BanFan I am in agreement with your post... but as I said in my very first post. There is a difference between relationship between Pakistan and Bangladesh as nations and individual people. My point was, not to hate Pakistanis at a personal level just because of their nationality, there are good and bad people amongst them just like Bangladeshis... but unfortunately there are many who spread hatred even at an individual level. Ex: All Pakistanis are racist, pakis are evil, they want to destroy Bangladeshis etc..

In International poltics there is no permanent friend or foe. Ofcourse Pakistan's view on Kashmir is a lip service, it's not about "muslim brotherhood". But it was the same thing about India helping Bangladesh in 71, they did not do that due to their immense love for Bengalis,they had their own personal agenda. Every nation has that... be it US, Canada or Bhutan.

But in the end I would like to see Bangladeshis being more broadminded about Indians and Pakistanis as people and not hate them. I agree completely on opposing both Pakistan and India regarding certain national level issues (71 apology and compensation for Pakistan, water and border issue with India)... but hatred at individual level is just not right.
Old December 17, 2008, 09:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

beautiful imtiaz bhai, i am with you 100%.
Old December 18, 2008, 01:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

I also concur with you, imtiaz82.
From my personal experience, i felt that the Punjabi and Sindhi people got some attitude problem.
Old December 18, 2008, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper
I also concur with you, imtiaz82.
From my personal experience, i felt that the Punjabi and Sindhi people got some attitude problem.

Well ,not really

Good and bad Pakistanis are almost equally distributed among various ethnicities.

Many Punjabis are arrogant but so are many Urdu-speakers, who hate us for what happened to the Biharis.

On other hand, many Urdu speakers are the first to admit the army made a huge mistake in 1971, as they were victims on a much smaller scale in the 90's.

Also, some Punjabis are good to us, as they consider ZAB to be the main culprit in 1971.
Old December 18, 2008, 11:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

please don't be mad at me or anything like that...

but do we have a thread named,"a bangladeshi's visit to muslima.com or singlemuslim.com"? how is the experience there, dear bhais and apas? i never did, i am happily married, but just curious, everytime a webpage is opened there they are, right above my head, always!
are these like hook-up sites for religious/pious folks?
Old December 18, 2008, 01:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
please don't be mad at me or anything like that...

but do we have a thread named,"a bangladeshi's visit to muslima.com or singlemuslim.com"?
lol i think that ad started to appear up there after orphy bhai opened up that thread about marriage