facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Just frikkin win.

Old March 23, 2007, 07:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

don't worry guys.. that useless Nafees will come in handy..
Old March 23, 2007, 07:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

lets bat first and make 450.. hehehhe...
Old March 23, 2007, 07:51 PM
Cricket Legend

can we go even if we lose to bermuda?
Old March 23, 2007, 08:06 PM
Street Cricketer

I think you'll find Bermuda are so bad you could have pretty much any strategy and you'll beat them. The fat guy maybe able to bowl a bit but after a few overs he's knackered from having to run 3 yards so many times so I'm sure you'll have no problems
Old March 23, 2007, 08:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

We would all do well to get rid of all our arrongance and complacency. Even if we do win easily, its important that us---the fans, to appreciate the efforts of 'smaller' teams like Bermuda. This arrogance has cost India and Pakistan dearly. We will do well to not repeat the mistake.
Old March 23, 2007, 08:20 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
We would all do well to get rid of all our arrongance and complacency. Even if we do win easily, its important that us---the fans, to appreciate the efforts of 'smaller' teams like Bermuda. This arrogance has cost India and Pakistan dearly. We will do well to not repeat the mistake.
Honestly it would take arrogance of Tom Cruise levels from every Bangladeshi player for them to lose this match.
Old March 23, 2007, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

confident hoya bhalo but not over confidence. that's what India did w/ us and now see they are in verge of knocking out of this tournament. BD shud follow Sri Lanka and make Bermuda surrendar just Sri Lanka did us. No need to change team combination, only send Mushfiq at 7th and Aftab at 1st down. This team was good enuf to beat India and they are good enuf to beat Bermuda Insha Allah.
Old March 23, 2007, 11:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I don't care who plays and how they play as long as they accomplish the following as a team:

a) If bangladesh bats first, make sure they score 250+.
b) If bangladesh fields first, amke sure they restrict opponent 180 or less.
a) sounds OK to me.
If b) happens and then BD gets all out for 165?
Old March 23, 2007, 11:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

I mean the safest thing would be to bat second and bowl first. However, considering rain the most sensible thing would be to bat first. Play the same 11 as before but if they really want to play out some different combination experiment with the bowlers not with batters like JO or Rajin. I don't think JO's got any class and Rajin will be playing for a spot so that's not what Bd needs right now. Sure, many people might consisder JO as a safe and sound player but to me he's got no class, no orthodoxy about his batting... in one word useless. I don't like this mentality of playing safe. I would back Tamim. He's better than JO and Rajin. Just because he failed in one match doesn't mean they should sit him out. As far as bowling well I would try Shahadat because Bermuda will struggle against his pace and bounce. But for me absolutely no JO nor Rajin. We should play to win, and don't go to the field "trying not to lose the match" because that's way too negative. We must be hungry for a win and play like Tigers. Let's go Bangladesh.
Old March 24, 2007, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamnew
That means Bangladesh looses the game, that's the rule of cricket. Team scoring less run than the opponent lose
Old March 24, 2007, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well i would like to see shahadat get a game, but don't drop aftab. maybe give ashraful a bat earlier on in the inning, and move aftab down? ash can really come in handy in the super eight games.

about resting SN, i'll support whatever decision the management takes. note that i said "resting" and not "dropping". giving either JO or rajin a game wouldn't hurt.

however, since this is a must-win game, i would definitely like to see mashrafe play, because our bowling can suffer a lot without him, which isn't true in the case of our batting without SN.

oh and a century from nafees is probably long overdue anyways :p

and of course, i just want them to win - i don't care how.
Old March 24, 2007, 04:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

only strategy...just win...
by 1 run or by 200 runs,
by 1 wicket or by 10...
i dont care

just win.
cuz u can do it.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 24, 2007, 04:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

okay, am i missing something or is there no match thread for bd vs. bermuda
Old March 24, 2007, 06:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
only strategy...just win...
by 1 run or by 200 runs,
by 1 wicket or by 10...
i dont care

just win.
cuz u can do it.
Ditto.....just win
Old March 24, 2007, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

In Which Wicket The Game will be Performed? It is Imortant for Our Strategy.
Old March 24, 2007, 06:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

win at any cost
Old March 24, 2007, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

I think we might Try Sahadat Hussain in place of Rasel

If basar win toss he should Bat First....and score a big total....We need some ran from Nafeez, Aftab to get their Confidence back for Super Eight
Old March 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamnew
a) sounds OK to me.
plz go home and take rest.im really doubtful abt ur cricketing sense...i also saw ur previous posts..it never makes any sense...plz improve ur cricketing sense or else concentrate on other topics
Old March 24, 2007, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

i want to see shahadat in place of rasel...thats da only change i want to see...we need shahadat's service against da stronger opponents e.g australia in da super 8s...his record is much more better than rasel against da aussies...i want to see shahadat regaining his lost form...just like sehwag did against bermuda wid his bat...he was goin thru rough time and as soon he got runs against bermuda...he struck a good knock against srilanka too...who knws shahadat's form may help us to make sum more upsets in da super 8s...
Old March 24, 2007, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Open with Shah. Nafees, and lets hope is batting average in this world cup jumps up.
Old March 24, 2007, 08:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Barmuda is on a long losing streak. When's the last time they've won a match..?
Old March 24, 2007, 08:38 PM
Banned

there are many aspects of the game to look into. first i'd like to congratulate the lankans on a thoroughly deserving win. they did outplay us in all departments and brought us down to earth (at least some of us), and luckily did the same to india who are on the verge of being knocked out of the tournament. for the team objectives are

first, be professional like the lankans. NEVER underestimate your opponent, no need for overconfidence like some people has expressed here - mind you bermuda may have 13 or more players in their teams IF india plays its cards well, like india MAY like to hire a few umpires for bermuda, then a few crucial decisions here and there can undo our upcoming team. or who knows what indian-financed icc officials may have up their sleeves?

second, we have a better team and we know it as do bermudans and other third parties not playing. HOWEVER, bermuda like all other minnows would like to take something out of this world cup campaign. for them, bangladesh is the EASIEST team to score a victory against in this world cup (bcos we're a minnow ourselves), so EVEN if they don't win, they can try to come as close as possible to a victory with a determined, concerted effort. you never know, it's better being safe than sorry. and we should THEREFORE not tinker with our team, you know just to take it easy against the 'minnows' (dude if anything we're minnows as much as the bermudans - we got bundled out against the lankans too) or to try out a few players, this should be considered a do or die match

that being said, we MAY also like to look into the prospect of playing in the super 8's, a first for us (but hey the irish made it there too, so it's no good if we gloat over this esp against our neighbours). ALL the 7 teams barring 'B2' are known as are their "points carried forward" into that stage.
A1 Australia 2
B1 Sri Lanka 2
C1 New Zealand 2
D2 West Indies 2
A2 South Africa 0
B2 Bangladesh/India 0
C2 England 0
D1 Ireland 0

looking at that list i'll say apart from australia&south africa who are the two best teams in the tournament IMO, (and as we've already faced the lankans) we have a reasonably good chance of DEFEATING (yes, DEFEATING, not upsetting) as many as 4 teams and hence POSSIBLY even making it to the semis......

for that to happen against teams like new zealand, england and west indies (not ignoring the irish either!) we NEED a wicket-taking all-out attacking bowling line up.. unfortunately as the lankans exposed so well, we don't have that kind of a line up. ALL we have is a mashrafee murtaza, a reasonable bowler against top teams. the package of 3 slow left armers, i believe, is the best we've got like dav says, but it can be taken apart on a flat wicket, or many other wickets by top teams. it's a little too homogeneous attack, but we can't do anything about that so i'd say
INSTEAD of syed rasel who's a line/length gentle medium pacer, we should try shahadat against bermuda. that's the one and only change i'd like to see for the match. also IF dav/bashar&co likes it, they MAY want to try Aftab ahmed to roll his arm over for a couple of overs against the bermudans, it MAY provide us with an alternative to a rather same-looking armade of SLA bowlers, in the middle overs (i.e. 20 to 40 overs)

if we make it to super 8's our schedule is
31 Mar '07 Ant/Bar Australia A1
02 Apr '07 Ant/Bar New Zealand C1
07 Apr '07 Guy South Africa A2
11 Apr '07 Barb England C2
15 Apr '07 Barb Ireland D1
19 Apr '07 Barb West Indies D2

third, my own suggested lineup ONLY against bermudans (not against other top team) will be

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Mohammad Ashraful/Aftab Ahmed
Saqib ul Hasan
Habibul Bashar
(Aftab Ahmed/Mohammad Asharful)
Mushfiq ur Rahim

Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Rafique
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hussain

if we bat first

i'd ask SNafees to play the sheet anchor's role, try to play till the 40th over, keep a brisk run rate of 5/5.5 runs/over throughout

i'd ask Tamim Iqbal to play his natural game. even if he contributes zero which i hope he won't, i won't drop him because this is the type of batsman we need in our team to unsettle top teams bowling attacks, he needs all the confidence in the world. this is the best platform! just go play your own game kid!

here i'd choose either Mohammad Ashraful or
Aftab Ahmed both of whom have won us matches before, who played sensible aggressive knocks against Australia in cardiff. so choose one of them to up the ante if either tamim/nafees goes early or even within the first 20 overs, i'd expect to see either of them going up and striking a total of 150-160 maybe even (optimistically) 180, after 20 overs for the loss of 2 wickets.

in comes saqib ul hasan. i'd expect him to hit occasional boundaries but mostly milk the bowling. don't play out of your skin, i.e. don't try to be an afridi/jayasuriya when your job is to rotate the strikes and keep scoreboard ticking. if you do that, your job is done.

now, we also need to improve our running between the wickets,
1. how to steal singles by playing with soft hands rather than hitting the ball hard into the fielder's hands
2. how to convert 1's into 2's and 2's into 3's, not to mention how to convert dot balls into singles
3. how to spot the weaker and stronger fielders in the opposition team, esp. useful when (hopefully) we play the likes of aussies/kiwis/s.africans etc; those you can steal a single off, and those who'll run you out

then comes habibul bashar, from whom we expect a 40+ scores if you've enough time, or otherwise score as many runs in the middle overs as possible.
our aim should be to milk at LEAST 100 runs, but i'd expect around 120 runs off bermudan bowling/fielding in the 20 overs in the middle, i.e. 21-40 overs (those overs without powerplays)

here's the interesting choice to make, who do we have coming in now. Ashraful/Aftab? both are capable players, who should be able to tear apart bermudan bowling if they're on song. throw caution to the wind in the last 10 overs, assuming we have 7-8 wickets in hand, we can hope to score 100 runs, if we've 4-5 wickets left, a good 70-75 will be useful. no use trying to flay the ball around only to be bundled out before 50 overs, i hope our players know this by know, esp. the way we were bowled out cheaply BEFORE 50 overs by lankans.

at least a good 75+ but hopefully even a 110-120 runs is on the cards in these last overs

the rest of the batters can try their bit according to the situation.

if we bowl/field first
we've to try to bundle them out for as low a score as 100 runs, it's totally within our means.
mashrafe swinging, zipping the ball through, good pace, line/length etc
i'd much rather have shahadat here rather than anywhere/anytime else, notch up some good pace, show your mettle, and if successful with less/no extras than usual, i think he'll get a call up for the big matches

abdur razzaq, mohammad rafique, can bowl out the rest of the overs. if bermudans still don't get out, try aftab ahmed/saqib ul hasan. why aftab you may say? well it's a handy option in times of crisis, if even one of our bowlers is hammered, we've another option. but right now, we're going in with 5 bowlers bowling out 50 overs. it's a little risky imo. aftab ahmed's best figures are impressive. however, if he goes for plenty, take him out of the attack. he is a batsman, he should be content with that job by itself so no worries there too. any wickets he takes will be additional benefits, not expected of him.

and we want same fielding standards as against india but not against sri lanka, that's only because you raised the bar so high. so i'll complement our boys for such improvements in such short time periods, however it's of no use if we act like indian or pakistani fans.

lastly, have a good game.
Old March 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Have everyone a nice sleep. BD will win tomorrow.
Old March 25, 2007, 02:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Default My Point of View

Batting order should be
SN
Tammi
Aftab
Sakib
Basher
Ash
Mufiqur
Maharani
Rafiq
Razzk
Sahadat

Now i don't understand why player like ash have to bat at number 7. he is one of the few match wining batsman..he play well against Sri Lanka..but when our best batsman came to bat the match is already gone...how petty..

Please Sahadat let Play..i want to see a 6 foot 4 inch tall hunk running like a express train and bowling bouncer in world cup...i never seen him bowling live in TV..all the comments by member i have read in past make me very eager to see him..i have seen sahadat having hattrick against zimbabuwe...this is a great opportunity for any bowler to play in world cup and represent his country...i am sure his pace, aggression, hight, talent will be very useful against Bermuda.

Take this match very very scriously..this is the most important match for Bangladesh cricket history after ICC trophy in 1996...

LETS PRAY TO ALLAH...INSHALLAH WE WILL WIN TODAY