facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 26, 2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
but unique and Zim+Kenya are bad imo.
They are different than the rest...for sure!

Old August 26, 2012, 03:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea

I like our current logo.
yep. The best thing about that logo is the Bangla writing of 'Bangladesh' ! to the designer !
Old August 26, 2012, 03:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I feel our badge is conceptually great from start (Bangladesh written in Bangla rather than "sweeter sounding" Urdu, Arabic or English) to finish (Jatiyo Sriti Shoudho & Tiger) but somewhat lacking in design execution. I have some ideas I'll develop and post here later.

Any self respecting Bangladeshi -- not Bangalistani, Bandian or "hami valo vengali volte fari-na" uppity ABCD, BBCD and FOB -- who cares to know who and what we are should be touched by the concept behind the badge.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
Cricket Legend

I like our logo, can't see anything that could be improved vastly.
Old August 26, 2012, 03:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

CA does have the best of all logos. Then comes BCB. So I guess it's fine. Besides I really love the fact that Bangladesh is written in Bangla on top. No other board has it written in their own language (Excepting the English speaking countries that is)
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old August 26, 2012, 04:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
CA does have the best of all logos. Then comes BCB. So I guess it's fine. Besides I really love the fact that Bangladesh is written in Bangla on top. No other board has it written in their own language (Excepting the English speaking countries that is)
ditto
Old August 26, 2012, 04:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I understand what you mean Zia. It's not that our emblem is bad, it's just that it's the most detailed one after comparing it to all others. That tiger face is not clean cut, and is actually just an animated pic pasted inside the shield. Most of other logos feature clear lines. Ours would too, but that Tiger face messes it up. Zunaid praised Aus's emblem on the merit of cleanliness. Ours is definitely one of the less cleaner ones. But we have become accustomed to it, and personally it doesn't matter to me whether we change it or not.

But as someone has said before, when we reshape the whole structure of the BCB, an emblem upheaval would be more than welcomed. And in this case, I do believe there are lot of things to be sorted out inside the BCB and thus I'm in favor of the logo change.

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 26, 2012, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Australia's and Netherlands are good, WI's is funny but unique and Zim+Kenya are bad imo.

I like Zim's one the best! Funny how perceptions differ between people.

Keep it 100,

Roey
Old August 26, 2012, 05:01 AM
Administrator

I do like the elements in the Bangladesh logo - can be simplified and modernized without removing the spirit. I do like Zimbabwe's.

As for Kenya Cricket - I'm not sure that's the official logo with the lion's body. Looks bad.

However, what's listed officially on their web as well as on wiki is the following. Which I think is damn cool. Not too keen on the font though.

Old August 26, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
yep. The best thing about that logo is the Bangla writing of 'Bangladesh' ! to the designer !
Our one is truly clumsy ... And that shape...?? It suits better with Police, Military etc, or at best the boards formed before a century... ....
Old August 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Thanks, Kalpurush for your suggestion. How are you? It's been a while. Take care.
Old August 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

"i understand what you mean Zia. It's not that our emblem is bad, it's just that it's the most detailed one after comparing it to all others. That tiger face is not clean cut, and is actually just an animated pic pasted inside the shield. Most of other logos feature clear lines. Ours would too, but that Tiger face messes it up. Zunaid praised Aus's emblem on the merit of cleanliness. Ours is definitely one of the less cleaner ones. But we have become accustomed to it, and personally it doesn't matter to me whether we change it or not.

But as someone has said before, when we reshape the whole structure of the BCB, an emblem upheaval would be more than welcomed. And in this case, I do believe there are lot of things to be sorted out inside the BCB and thus I'm in favor of the logo change.

Keep it 100,"

Well said. We got to make a start. It could well be the first step. Thanks.
Old August 26, 2012, 11:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Our one is truly clumsy ... And that shape...?? It suits better with Police, Military etc, or at best the boards formed before a century... ....
have to agree here, i dont like the shape, its more like a police badge as you said..other then the shape its ok