facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 8, 2005, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Javed won\'t be opening

Javed Omar will not be able to bat in the 2nd innings as an opener, as he has damaged a ligament behind his left knee during fielding on the 2nd day of the 1st test .
Then who is going to open with Nafees?
Is it Rajin to open?

Full report:
Javed won't be opening
Sports Reporter from Chittagong

Javed Omar will not be able to bat before number seven in Bangla-desh's second innings as the opening batsman damaged a ligament behind his left knee during fielding on Friday.

Javed did not field on the third day of the first Test and was replaced by Talha Jubair.

The opener, who made 33 in Bangladesh's record first wicket stand of 91 with Nafees Iqbal, had treatment on Sunday night but felt some stiffness in the knee before play resumed in the morning.

"I had an operation on the same leg in 2001 and the damage is just behind it. I think I have rested enough to be able to bat tomorrow," Javed said after the third day's play.

Coach Dav Whatmore also sounded confident about Javed batting in the second innings.

"But as per the ICC regulation, he can't bat before the fall of the fifth wicket," Whatmore said.

Source: http://thedailystar.net/2005/01/09/d50109040429.htm