facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 29, 2007, 10:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Default BD have a long way to go: Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu's Article on Prothom Alo

Former Bangladesh Captain, Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu's Article in Prothom Alo:

http://prothom-alo.com/fcat.news.det...1Nzg=&fid=Ng==

In his analysis, he pointed to the following facts:

01. Lack of Practice matches. According to him, Bangladesh need to play atleast two or three practice matches before a test series.

02. Most of our national players do not have adequate first class matches under their belts.

03. Facing pace attack just for the first 15-20, Bangladesh batsmen then face SLA attack majority of the time in the first class matches they play. He attributed this fact as a reason of Tiger's cluelessness against Vaas-Malinga-Fernando.

04.In addition to our players incapability to play bouncer and moving balls, he (surprizingly) believes that lack of senior players in the ODI squad is one of the reasons of Bangladesh's 3-0 defeat in the ODI series.

05. According to him, Mohammad Ashraful is still not ready for the captaincy.
Old July 29, 2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

Oldie crying out loud again. Why couldn't he have left out #4 and #5.

Who are the senior players...Atahar ali khan, badshah, akram khan, nannu and himeself? Or is it JOB HB?
Old July 29, 2007, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not a fan of HB but Habibul basher is the best captain in my opinion,leading a young team will always be very difficult even for mahela jayawardene so I really think that HB should had still been the captain.
Old July 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
I am not a fan of HB but Habibul basher is the best captain in my opinion,leading a young team will always be very difficult even for mahela jayawardene so I really think that HB should had still been the captain.
I don't see any point in questioning the new captain. He needs time to settle down in his new role.
Old July 29, 2007, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I don't see any point in questioning the new captain. He needs time to settle down in his new role.
It is not that ,HB was the captain for bd and when he was there the team was always positive and very energetic in the field with ashraful he said that in SL our goal will be to play for 5 days which is a negative thing he should try to be positive Also ash does'nt trust a players ability EG.shahadat heck he does'nt even trust the teams capability even the management they keep telling our players to play the full 50 ovrs or the full 5 days I say let em play their natural game.
Old July 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
It is not that ,HB was the captain for bd and when he was there the team was always positive and very energetic in the field with ashraful he said that in SL our goal will be to play for 5 days which is a negative thing he should try to be positive Also ash does'nt trust a players ability EG.shahadat heck he does'nt even trust the teams capability even the management they keep telling our players to play the full 50 ovrs or the full 5 days I say let em play their natural game.
um....hom boi...u lost mee..
Old July 29, 2007, 09:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal, Ashraful

Quote:
All

All your points only prove that Ash needs time to grow as time goes on. Bashar or the oldies are not an answer and we all know why. If you follow sports all over, you will observe how it takes time for young team to grow. Even after the heavy loss, I think we have some talented players who will break through and make our team even better.
Old July 30, 2007, 06:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:

joto shob phaltu alap!
Old July 29, 2007, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I have a question... Why did he think that Ash isnt ready yet for captaincy? As from the commentry and views from the posters here (as I couldnt watch the games), I felt his captaincy wasnt bad at all. And what the hell about the senior players in ODI? Dont we have senior players in test team? how did it help our tests? didnt we finish the game in 3/4 days? I have a feeling that these retired players have a tendency to make controversial comments in the media to draw attention only.
Old July 30, 2007, 04:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

Quote:
Sumon77 I have a question... Why did he think that Ash isnt ready yet for captaincy? As from the commentry and views from the posters here (as I couldnt watch the games), I felt his captaincy wasnt bad at all. And what the hell about the senior players in ODI? Dont we have senior players in test team? how did it help our tests? didnt we finish the game in 3/4 days? I have a feeling that these retired players have a tendency to make controversial comments in the media to draw attention only.
exactly! we had Bashar and Omar etc in the test team and they were not good enough at all. having senior player doesn't always mean you have to keep them. when they dont play good for quite a long period then you have to drop them. The young players are the future and we have to start from there now. As for Ash he done excellent. He maybe should have not said to take the games to 5 days but we all make mistakes. He has been at the team for ages now even though he is only 23(turned 23 recently) so he is a bit senior now dont you think. By time he will become more confident and we will be a stronger team. HB was a great captain but everyone has their pass-by date of retiring and he is coming close to his in ODI so Ash was definitely our best choice.
Old July 30, 2007, 06:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I just want to say one thing- the same thing is prob going to happen with Ash and Aftab in a WC or two- new fans will come along to this forum and say they are past their use-by date and should be disarded etc ,etc.That's why I felt the need to support Bashar.However, it was right for Bashar to give up captaincy, he didn't have much left in ODIs. In tests though, I think he should be given time.Since the next series is 5 months away, I'm sure we'd know by then if he's ready. JOis....pointless.Prob better to take tamim if selectors see any chance of him taking responsibility for his wckiets.Although JO always shows much more application.This also shows how much lack of aplication the other players possess.

Lipu shouldn't have commented about Ash- he should be supported, not critisized.He made a good point about not facing enough pace bowlers in NCL though.Maybe Red Cow er moto ebar pacer o amdani kora lagbe.
Old July 30, 2007, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Since we haven't seen ten threads poping up criticizing Ash's captaincy, it is safe to assume he did a pretty good job as a captain. We could've won two out of three games if our batsmen could perform. Ash did his part pretty well in the field and restricted Srilanka for relatively low scores for two games. We should give credit where it is due. Don't want to make this an Ash thread but just needed to say this.
Old July 30, 2007, 09:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Ektu besi kotha koya phalaich'he ... there's no real alternative to Ash. If he's not ready, who is? Still, it's all good.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 30, 2007 at 09:31 AM..
Old July 30, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Ektu beshi kotha koya phalaich'he ... there's no real alternative to Ash. If he's not ready, who is? Still, it's all good.
Dark clouds hanging around the horison. Not a good sign. ekta kisu koren.
Old July 30, 2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Dark clouds hanging around the horison. Not a good sign. ekta kisu koren.
Bangladesh cricket er Trankorta uposthit(Gazi miya!)!!.....Usubidha nai...uni dhik sob ulot-palot kori felbeni...Pak coach Kamailla-o ja fareni...
Old July 30, 2007, 10:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Folks, we just played the second best team in an away series and we do not have a coach. Considering all these I would give some credits to our boys. I will wait until NZ series to evaluate Ashraful.
Old July 30, 2007, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradhon
Folks, we just played the second best team in an away series and we do not have a coach. Considering all these I would give some credits to our boys. I will wait until NZ series to evaluate Ashraful.
this is quite correct. another few months should be given to the 'thank you kid' ashraful before looking elsewhere. a coach is needed urgently.
Old July 31, 2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

And Gazi Ashraf now became a BCB official.