facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 7, 2012, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Please stay focused on cricket.
No mercy to them in cricket. Not at all.

Old September 7, 2012, 06:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Please stay focused on cricket.
They are disrespecting us for the CRICKET, so we are focusing on cricket.
Old September 7, 2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Ash is like a cockroach ... always does something to survive.
In retrospect, sending Zia was a baaper-beta move. We were going to win the match anyway so why not send your best slogger to see if it can be done quickly and with some psychological impact on the opponent.
Ash is getting his confidence back slowly but a bit more consistant than before.
He just need to stay focused and continue..play good.

The selectors, captain and coach can play a role here too to motivate him by backing him up with assurance to play..
Old September 7, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

A good win in the end. Spinners bowled well as usual but the pacers need to pull themselves up and get in rhythm soon because the WC is only in 2 weeks. As for the batsmen, good to see them scoring but Tamim shouldn't run down the wicket so much. Good to also see Ash playing well after his plays and misses. He's solidified his spot at opener for sure.
Old September 7, 2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketPagolChele
They are disrespecting us for the CRICKET, so we are focusing on cricket.
Then no bashing the Afgan fans...

any racial or disrespectful or insulting post will be dealt with accordingly.

- As Mod
Old September 7, 2012, 06:53 PM
Club Cricketer

BD is such a hard team to support!! even when they win it does not always feel like a good win. Taking 15 over to score 100 against afgans should not have been the case. If they are not going to provide us with good wins against the bigger teams then at least give us good wins over the associates.
Old September 7, 2012, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG
BD is such a hard team to support!! even when they win it does not always feel like a good win. Taking 15 over to score 100 against afgans should not have been the case. If they are not going to provide us with good wins against the bigger teams then at least give us good wins over the associates.
A win is a win. Plus they didn't need to rush and lose early wickets. There might be few failures but that's not a big matter when u win by a big margin.
Old September 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

not impressed. 100 in 15 overs in a T20 against Afghan attack with 8 wickets in hand, also considering our top batsmen shakib tamim mushy at our disposal simply not good enough.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful Tamim,SharWardI

Where is the "bd fan" guy gone he is a pure ashraful hater posted a lot of comment against him even in this game..what happened dude where you at? Ash made us save our face today against AFG...peace
Old September 7, 2012, 07:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
A win is a win. Plus they didn't need to rush and lose early wickets. There might be few failures but that's not a big matter when u win by a big margin.
I would normally agree a win is a win but when your teams talent and skills are always being questioned and challenged, you do at some point need to send a message to say this is what we can do!

I understand they were in no rush in this game, but personally I would have liked to see them win with 2-3 overs in hand.

If a professional sprinter only manages to win by small margin against a college sprinter, when that professional faces other professional he will not be rated highly even though he won.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
not impressed. 100 in 15 overs in a T20 against Afghan attack with 8 wickets in hand, also considering our top batsmen shakib tamim mushy at our disposal simply not good enough.
Read the match thread throughout and you will see how scared we were if we are going to win against the Afgans or not!

Now, the tigers won and you are complaining it wasn't good enough!!?
Old September 7, 2012, 07:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Ash should be permanently in opening for all formats. The reason is either call him technically best or most naturally talented in BD, if he goes to open his game plan is almost same for all formats. Since his main issue is with dynamic adjustment of CPU (his own upper chamber), we should minimize the adjusting or match situation effect from him. Also, from his point of view, he is under less pressure when goes to open instead of coming at 10/2 or 100/2.

I think Pybus is smart enough to get it and most likely, he will be the only coach who can get the maximum out-of Ash.

So far, all the signs are there for Pybus's term to be the best time for BD cricket.
Cheers.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawsar
Where is the "bd fan" guy gone he is a pure ashraful hater posted a lot of comment against him even in this game..what happened dude where you at? Ash made us save our face today against AFG...peace
ugh when you have to rely on ashraful to save your face against Afghanistan, I think I should rather shove my face in my pillow.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
please. 2/3 of your top three batsman didn't even have a bat (shakib was at teh crease for how many deliveries). plus zia's wicket shouldn't count. we basically won the game losing one batsman. thats pretty comfortable. no point in trying to win in 10 overs and losing 6 wickets. remember this is a team that is supposedly better than us.

where are all those foreigners who think Ireland despite being beaten 3-0 on their turf and Afg are better than Bangladesh. Can't even beat us in t20 lottery cricket.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 7, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by affan_ayan
Ash should be permanently in opening for all formats. The reason is either call him technically best or most naturally talented in BD, if he goes to open his game plan is almost same for all formats. Since his main issue is with dynamic adjustment of CPU (his own upper chamber), we should minimize the adjusting or match situation effect from him. Also, from his point of view, he is under less pressure when goes to open instead of coming at 10/2 or 100/2.

I think Pybus is smart enough to get it and most likely, he will be the only coach who can get the maximum out-of Ash.

So far, all the signs are there for Pybus's term to be the best time for BD cricket.
Cheers.
don't know about opening in all formats but with how ash is he should open when he plays and he should bat in a similar style to that of dilshan and sehwag.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

good win .. well done!
Old September 7, 2012, 07:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Read the match thread throughout and you will see how scared we were if we are going to win against the Afgans or not!

bhai its very astounding for a country that is playing cricket for more than a decade to not beat a country which doesnt even have a proper cricketing infrastructure, let alone how long it has been playing this game. I don't care if they area pakistanis in disguise or they have been trained in pakistan but it still it doesn't make sense for us to loose. Anything but winning convincingly is not good enough.
Yes they have done well to not to get embarrassed by loosing but also haven't done anything extraordinary by dominating them or indicating a sense of superiority.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
please. 2/3 of your top three batsman didn't even have a bat (shakib was at teh crease for how many deliveries). plus zia's wicket shouldn't count. we basically won the game losing one batsman. thats pretty comfortable. no point in trying to win in 10 overs and losing 6 wickets. remember this is a team that is supposedly better than us.

where are all those foreigners who think Ireland despite being beaten 3-0 on their turf and Afg are better than Bangladesh. Can't even beat us in t20 lottery cricket.
Very nicely pointed out Asaad bhai.

In no way the Afgans were in controlling position at any point of today's match.
A good win for tigers I must say.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

I wished we were batting first and not chasing. The real batting strength (and more practice too) could have been weighed in.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I wished we were batting first and not chasing. The real batting strength (and more practice too) could have been weighed in.
A win against Afghanistan was necessary to shut the mouth of some critics.

It was a strategical move by Mushfiq to choose bowling because Afghanistan chased down well the other day against T&T.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Ash akta jinis bote, keo bole bilai abar keo bole cockroach! loooooong live Ash!!!
Old September 7, 2012, 07:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
A win against Afghanistan was necessary to shut the mouth of some critics.

It was a strategical move by Mushfiq to choose bowling because Afghanistan chased down well the other day against T&T.
Okay either I am underestimating the afghans (well not really because I know they are good for the progress they have made in short amount of time but we have to be better right) or have my bar of expectation from this BD team too high (more likely).

Keeping my expectation low is going to do me good when we face against the pak and nz in the WC.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketPagolChele
Alhamdulillah ! We won .... next time we will send our U19 to play with this AFG team, so much hype about AFG.
Hey there. I don't necessarily agree with this comment. I don't know where the hype is coming from. I can imagine some afghan making some hype by most have never played cricket at a competitive level and don't understand and appreciate the finer details of the game.

I have played cricket for years and I play at a very competitive amateur level. So I know the game quite well. It is very early to compare Bangladesh and Afghanistan. Bangladesh are far better team in every single format, though 20/20 they gap is slightly smaller. The experience was shown today and has been shown before, time after time.

I support Afghanistan but I also like Bangladesh cricket team. You do have to appreciate that Afghanistan have a long way and they are a team constantly improving and need more games like this and I thank BCB for organising the game. Where Afghanistan need to work more on is their batting, they need to learn to hit the gaps and go for doubles and singles. They try and hit too many big shot, when the ball starts moving, that is when you need class to pick the line and play on the inside of the line.

One thing I would say is that Afghanistan's bowling is pretty impressive. Pace doesn't make a bowler better but it brings excitement to the game and in terms of pace, Afghanistan are quite lethal, especially Hamid Hassan, who usually bowl at 87 - 90 mph.

Hope that makes sense and congrats on the win. Disappointing for me but the better team won.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

when you know you haves teams like NZ & PAK next in this format then this type of performance should not be satisfactory.

If we worry about losing wickets to Afgans by just increasing RR a little bit more then what chance do we have against NZ & PAK? we will have to score at even slower RR by this theory to keep wickets against NZ & PAK. This is T20 its fast paced. We should have been able to perform at slightly higher RR without worrying too much about losing a wicket to Afgans.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Keeping my expectation low is going to do me good when we face against the pak and nz in the WC.
Fair call.