facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2012, 12:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Thank God for sanity,
From Bodna mia, a rarity.

Old March 6, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I bet TIK will be back. The reserve thing is supposed to be a temp punishment methinks. Otherwise they would have declared the full 15 and not 15-1.
That's a great observation and hopefully you are right. A bit of a " Look I am the Boss" type show of force from a moron named Loitta..
Old March 6, 2012, 12:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I bet TIK will be back. The reserve thing is supposed to be a temp punishment methinks. Otherwise they would have declared the full 15 and not 15-1.
What has TIK done to cross kamal...any info?
Old March 6, 2012, 12:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Whilst Mushy captained his side with great credit, I feel two words sum up why DR did so well..Mohammed Sami. Let's give credit where it is due. Sami was outstanding.
Gotta agree coach but, I think it was a team effort, and all led by a great captain named Mushfiqur. Shahzaib, siddique, razzak, sajib, mushy himself, sami, samuels, they all played a part in the team's success.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:28 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

whats this talk about Riyad? True he had a bad last half of the year. But he is better than that. He had an outstanding DPL and an average BPL. And besides, the last time I checked, Riyad was averaging 38 with a SR of 75 which only Tamim was able to beat. With the ball, He only 75 overs but still bagged 12 wickets with the 3rd highest average in the team and 2nd best economy. (ODI stats)

I feel like his stats and performance would have been much better if he was a given a stable batting position to work with. He is switched around too often. I also feel like he deserves more overs to bowl.

His captaincy with both Kings and Abahoni were good so deserves this role. I hope he performs well.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:37 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
whats this talk about Riyad? True he had a bad last half of the year. But he is better than that. He had an outstanding DPL and an average BPL. And besides, the last time I checked, Riyad was averaging 38 with a SR of 75 which only Tamim was able to beat. With the ball, He only 75 overs but still bagged 12 wickets with the 3rd highest average in the team and 2nd best economy. (ODI stats)

I feel like his stats and performance would have been much better if he was a given a stable batting position to work with. He is switched around too often. I also feel like he deserves more overs to bowl.

His captaincy with both Kings and Abahoni were good so deserves this role. I hope he performs well.

i stopped reading after that.

Can you provide what has he done before that where team actually won or he took the team to get close to win? (except the tri nation series back in early 2010).
thank you!
Old March 6, 2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Totally agree with u mufi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
No surprise here. Real surprise was that they had to delay announcing Captain and VC. Mushy and Riad needs to know they are permanent leaders of the team for at least few series.

This helps in decision making. For example, they will watch the CB series and analyze India and Sri Lanka, who are our next opponents. They can watch the game from the comforts of their home.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Whilst Mushy captained his side with great credit, I feel two words sum up why DR did so well..Mohammed Sami. Let's give credit where it is due. Sami was outstanding.
Add 3 more words: Khaled Mashud Pilot
Old March 6, 2012, 01:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

I am super hyper for anamul. Hope rest world can see, what i see in him. He is a rough diamond, hope he shows his worth
Old March 6, 2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
i stopped reading after that.

Can you provide what has he done before that where team actually won or he took the team to get close to win? (except the tri nation series back in early 2010).
thank you!
Its only Shakib Al Hasan who had a lot of match winning knocks. Mushy didnt have much and same goes for Tamim. Some other had some special games like Shafiul, Rubel, Razzaq, Ash but this bunch is also a perfect example of inconsistent performers. Who do you want to lead the team? one that gives a match winning performance 1 once every year, or a player that performers more consistently and often saves from humiliation??? For me, i dont think there is much to choose from...
Old March 6, 2012, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Add 3 more words: Khaled Mashud Pilot
Its interesting that I m not hearing his name that much after such a terrific tournament and conistently proving again his mentle... a true leader is when he stays behind the scene, I guess.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Its only Shakib Al Hasan who had a lot of match winning knocks. Mushy didnt have much and same goes for Tamim. Some other had some special games like Shafiul, Rubel, Razzaq, Ash but this bunch is also a perfect example of inconsistent performers. Who do you want to lead the team? one that gives a match winning performance 1 once every year, or a player that performers more consistently and often saves from humiliation??? For me, i dont think there is much to choose from...

saves us from humiliation?

when RRR is 6-7, you go there and and defend like there is no tomorrow and end up scoring 30 odd runs at a SR of 60-70 without taking any risk as you're more concern about your avg than your country, and that you call it saving our *** from humiliation? great
Old March 6, 2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
saves us from humiliation?

when RRR is 6-7, you go there and and defend like there is no tomorrow and end up scoring 30 odd runs at a SR of 60-70 without taking any risk as you're more concern about your avg than your country, and that you call it saving our *** from humiliation? great
speaking of which, He has the second highest SR for Bangladesh in 2011.....
Old March 6, 2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
speaking of which, He has the second highest SR for Bangladesh in 2011.....
When the game already lost...opposition bowling part timers...more fielders are in the 30 yrs...do i need to say anything??

i haven't missed a single odi for last 3/4 where Bd played from watching live so i know what i'm talking about
Old March 6, 2012, 02:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I think Riyad will shine once his role in the team is established and clearly defined. Currently he is being used as a bits and pieces player. Sent into bat wherever there's a gap and given a few overs to bowl here and there. He is not someone who can clear the ropes right from the word. His ideal position imo is number 5 but since there are better batsmen atm who are occupying that position he should be batting at six, and no lower, and given a sustained run at that position.
Old March 6, 2012, 02:09 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
When the game already lost...opposition bowling part timers...more fielders are in the 30 yrs...do i need to say anything??

i haven't missed a single odi for last 3/4 where Bd played from watching live so i know what i'm talking about
exactly...mullah goes at the pace of turtle and when 50 runs are needed of the last 2 overs he chances his arm and scores 20 of 10 balls...boom SR upgrade
Old March 6, 2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Part timers bowling in slog overs? You are right, I havent seen those games at all...........
Old March 6, 2012, 02:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I think Riyad will shine once his role in the team is established and clearly defined. Currently he is being used as a bits and pieces player. Sent into bat wherever there's a gap and given a few overs to bowl here and there. He is not someone who can clear the ropes right from the word. His ideal position imo is number 5 but since there are better batsmen atm who are occupying that position he should be batting at six, and no lower, and given a sustained run at that position.
Bhai, he is a bits and pieces of player

ei porjonto ODIte o 70-80 runer beshi ekbaro kore nai. Nasir tar careerer first yeare ta kore feleche

If we get satisfied so easily, then I dont see how we fans are any different from the cricketers
Old March 6, 2012, 02:29 PM

This is Riyad's last ODI. and we blame IK

Target 177:
I understand Tamim gone for a golden duck, but he got promoted and to win this match, we always needed to score in the PP to make the most of it, but what Riyad did? scored 35 at a SR of 47

SN is crap anyway.
Old March 6, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
That's just effing with the dude's head! Don't fux with dude's head. And I never understood why it 15/squad? It should be a even 20.
Old March 6, 2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I bet you are right Zunaid bhai.

Per previous performance for the last few series, TI deserves a rest to figure out what's going through his mind now a days! Though, I didn't like how BCB president changed the selector's squad.

Now, we have to wait and see...
Old March 6, 2012, 02:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Of course, if you check my thread on playing XI, TIK is there. Lotus might be a ****-smelling self-obsessed narcissistic prick...but even he knows he can't leave out an icon player for no reason and have that decision stick.

#OneTeam1Dream