facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 19, 2004, 02:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Crown Prince Mohammed Ashraful

Today he is the crown prince of Bangladesh
Tomorrow the king of the world.....

would anyone mind if i adopt him?

Old December 19, 2004, 02:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

would anyone mind if i adopt him?

[/quote]

Dhur mia. Ki shob abol tabol bolen.
Old December 19, 2004, 02:14 PM
Club Cricketer

ki korbo, apne bolun, ekti Bangladeshi batsman 158 not out dheke matha ki are thik thake?
Old December 19, 2004, 02:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Stop! I said Stop. Next thing we know is that u will start to worship him. These types of reaction will spoil him. We fans should be careful about our reaction towards our players.
Old December 19, 2004, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Dont worry about Ash, last time he scored a century (2001), he took full 3 years to score another.

Be sure, you wont have to worry about Ash untill 2007 again.
Old December 19, 2004, 03:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rajputro
Dont worry about Ash, last time he scored a century (2001), he took full 3 years to score another.

Be sure, you wont have to worry about Ash untill 2007 again.
I am not too sure about that. He has already broken Arnab's "Law of Ashraful's first innings' of the series success". The graph has to be redrawn.

It was the best $3 I spent on cricket. The secret of his success was that he never allowed himself to be bogged down. However, apart from the hook over fine leg and later coming down the track to Harbhajan when he was well settled, he actually did not take too many chances.

Watch out ! His average will now start to go up. It is already 26. Two not outs help.
Old December 19, 2004, 04:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Raj bhai, don't forget that 3 years ago he was included in the side as a leg spinner and not as a batsman and he was maturing as a batsman. He also missed out a century against zimb by 2 runs just because of a bad decisions by a umpire.

So, I don't agree that his next century will take another 3 years.
Old December 19, 2004, 04:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Here is my prediction. I will my money where my mouth is. Ashraful will score his next century against Zimbabwe.
Old December 19, 2004, 05:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I think so too. He will score heavily against the Zimbabweans. This ton will boost his confidence immensly. You can say that finally he has turned the corner and don't forget he is only 20. I watched the innings from beginning to end. It was no doubt one of the best innings I have ever seen in all test matches in recent memory. Definitely the best innings ever by a Bangladeshi so far. He sees the ball better than any Bangladeshi and easily has the best technique.

I really liked the way aftab bats. He looks very classy. I think that Nafis, Aftab, Ash and Alok will form the core of our batting.
Old December 19, 2004, 05:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
Stop! I said Stop. Next thing we know is that u will start to worship him. These types of reaction will spoil him. We fans should be careful about our reaction towards our players.
No man is worthy of worship, but there is nothing wrong in praising and applauding performances of these kind.
Ashraful deserves to be rewarded not just in kind but also financially as well for his fantastic efforts.
this will show that when they take their responsibilties seriously, we are quick in showering them with our praises and when they don't, we come down on them like a ton of bricks.
Nothing wrong with that.
Old December 19, 2004, 05:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
posted by deshpremi

No man is worthy of worship, but there is nothing wrong in praising and applauding performances of these kind.
Ashraful deserves to be rewarded not just in kind but also financially as well for his fantastic efforts.
this will show that when they take their responsibilties seriously, we are quick in showering them with our praises and when they don't, we come down on them like a ton of bricks.
Nothing wrong with that.
Partially, I disagree. I do believe that good deed should not get away without rewards. But there is a limit. I agree that ash needs to be rewarded financially and there should be praising too. But, everything should be in limits. Calling ash the prince is just an expression of our sudden and incontrollable emotion. Emotions like this can spoil the mentality of our players. For that a player can take things granted. No one should take things granted. Lets be practical. Lets do things that will do good to our players. Fans can easily divert a player from his path of success to a failur path. Instead of just being fan to our cricketers, lets also be somekind of helper to them.
Old December 19, 2004, 05:31 PM
Test Cricketer

and yes, we can call him prince. But not now, 'cause he isn't. When he really be like a prince, then only we will call him prince insh allah. He needs to make himself a prince making more tons like this. Then no only we bds will call him prince but the others too, insh allah.

Quote:
originally posted by deshpremi

...this will show that when they take their responsibilties seriously, we are quick in showering them with our praises and when they don't, we come down on them like a ton of bricks.
I agree and also I disagree. If the player has a problem and for that he fails to perform, then itz ok, we should understand. But, if he just doesn't perform for no reasons or whatever, then yes, we should come on him like stones.

Edited on, December 19, 2004, 10:54 PM GMT, by TigerFan.
Old December 19, 2004, 05:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

boys! boys! hehe...lets not give him any titles yet! We should stop being satisfied with one or two good performances, and certainly shouldn't rush to give financial rewards evrytime. It gives a player a false sense of complacency in my opinion. Rewards as such should be carefully handled. I want him to start scoring heavily and get a few more centuries and play good knocks on a consistent basis. He is overdue

Edited on, December 19, 2004, 10:44 PM GMT, by pompous.
Old December 19, 2004, 07:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ehsan
Raj bhai, don't forget that 3 years ago he was included in the side as a leg spinner and not as a batsman and he was maturing as a batsman. He also missed out a century against zimb by 2 runs just because of a bad decisions by a umpire.

He was bowled, how is that a bad umpiring decision?
Old December 19, 2004, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont care about centuries, all I want is responsible positive batting and consistency from BD players
Old December 19, 2004, 09:36 PM
Test Cricketer

ashraful was the man yesterday. it was his day. i saw his batting and it was brilliant. only if we could of scored 8 more runs i think we could have forced a draw. i thought yesterday umpiring was bad. rafique and khaled mashuds out was a wrong decision. it clearly showed tht they were not out. also javed was lbw in one ball which the umpire didnt give out. so i thought the umpiring was really bad.
Old December 19, 2004, 10:01 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

I don't really need him to score another hundred within the next 5-10 matches, it would certainly be welcome. As long as he keeps on scoring 40-80 runs every other innings I will be perfectly satisfied. We just need the others to step up their game.
Old December 19, 2004, 11:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Simulation
He was bowled, how is that a bad umpiring decision? [/quote]

I thought he was caught when he tried to hit it for 6 by the fielder crossing the rope which the umpire didn't notice.

Anyways cricinfo says something else, prolly I mixed it up with something else.
Old December 19, 2004, 11:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

yeah...nafis and aftab are comin along really well...i think that ash's success will rub off on the other young batsmen...the JOs, bashars, and others will prolly stay the same
Old December 20, 2004, 01:00 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default MOM despite an innings defeat

As far as I know...

This is only the fourth instance of a players winning the man of the match award despite an innings defeat, three of whom are Bangaldeshis.

The MOM awards were started only in the mid 70s and became popular only from the 80s. The first person to get close to that feat was Mohinder Amarnath at Bridgetown in 1982-83. He scored 91 & 80 to win MOM but India managed to avoid innings defeat by 1 run (and lost by 10 wickets). In the second innings, he had to retire after getting hit on the mouth by Marshall. The first ball he faced after coming back was a bouncer from Holding which he hooked for six.

Greame Hick became the first 10 years later. At Bombay 1992-3, he scored 178 & 47 and took two wickets to beat Vinod Kambli's 224. India won by an innings and 15

Javed Omar scored 62 and 85* on his debut against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo in 2000/1 to become the second person. The latter innings is one of the three instances of a player carrying his bat on debut and the only one for BD of a someone scoring 50% of the team's total. Zim won by an innings and 32 runs

Ashraful on his debut scored 26 & 114 out of Bangladesh's 90 and 328. BD lost the match by an innings and 137 runs but he shared the man of the match with Murali.

Chittagong test makes it the second instance for Ash.

Winning the MOM despite team's defeat is not that common. Tendulkar and Steve Waugh have won 3 MOM's in defeat. Nobody has won more that 3.

To repeat, everything 'AFAIK'.

Edited on, December 20, 2004, 9:46 AM GMT, by Tintin.
Old December 20, 2004, 01:13 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I knew it already, Ash is the king... among the "fokirs" (beggars).

Look at my avatar
Old December 20, 2004, 04:05 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Lets wait and see how Ashraful and the rest of the players do in the coming Zimbabwe series.
Old December 20, 2004, 05:46 AM

Beloved and deserve to be a prince, with or without a crown ( a match winner ).
Let see how he grows up to become a real crown prince.
Feel proud what he did, at the same time feel so sad what the rest did yesterday.