facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 5, 2010, 03:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Bring the AAA battery back

as far as pure hitters go, they're the best we've had barring shakib/tamim.

when i first started following cricket, our usual starts were 40-4 after 15 overs with hannan, javed, bashar leading the way. nowadays, our platform is decent, occaisionally solid. 160-4 after 35 overs is not a terrible launch pad. but riyad and naeem just won't cut it. especially since we don't have a Oram or Razzaq to blast 40 off 15.

i suggest we bring in the AAA battery back. they don't have to all play in each innings. but we need at least 2 of them to be pinch hitters at the end. if they fail, who cares, we will get 220 regardless. and with Raj and Shakib (and mash if healthy) maybe we can defend these 220-250 socres like we did at Bristol, and like we might do today against NZ.

we all know how ash can hit. we remember Aftab blasting that 6 of gillespie, and we remember Alok blasting Ishant Sharma all over the place in Karachi or lahore.

bring them back. bat them at 6-8. its time we scored runs in the batting PP and the last 10-12 overs. something we haven't done since that match in NZ where we started 25-5.

and mushy should bat at 3 or 4. no lower than that.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 5, 2010, 04:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Ash gonna be back in no time.
No worries bout that.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 5, 2010, 04:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Ash gonna be back in no time.
No worries bout that.
ash scored a century, ok.

but i feel next innings he will score Duck. and in the next 4 innings he will hardly cross 10-15
Old October 5, 2010, 04:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

AAA is thousand times better than INM
Old October 5, 2010, 04:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Our team is full of non performers.
A bunch here and there always fails to live up.
Ash would be in the team not simply because he is in sizzling form, but because someone in our middle, lower middle would fail to perform and that would prompt the selectors to go for Ash.

He is still a match winner.
Old October 5, 2010, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

aftab,not now.he didn't perform in the 1st innings in the ctg match,he forgot how to hold a bat and he's fat!ashrafool,how many times have we given this bloke a chance and he fails to capitalize 99% OF THE TIME!but i still have faith in kapali,i say we should give him a go in the zim series provided he has decent stats this season
Old October 5, 2010, 02:24 PM
Cricket Sage

our team is full of non performer. Yes point taken. So we replace them with 3 other non performer??

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old October 5, 2010, 02:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^ I only mention of Ash.
He is a proven match winner.

Aftab and Alok, no hope. They are done and dusted albeit a miracle.
Old October 5, 2010, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

We have given enough opportunities to Ash and Aftab. Aftab is useless. We should give Alok a chance. Ash will be back for sure before the world cup. He is too big of a star to miss the WC. I wont be stunned if they bring Ash back against NZ
Old October 5, 2010, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
^^ I only mention of Ash.

Aftab and Alok, no hope. They are done and dusted albeit a miracle.
Rabz bhai proven? How so. Ya I know he single handlely won games for us. But how many games has he played so far in his career and how many has he won for us? Also when was the last time he on a game for us. Terms like proven doesnt apply to Ashraful. Terms like Eid applys to ashraful.

Old October 5, 2010, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Ash and Aftab I can understand but why Alok? I mean really. What has he ever done? Score a century against India? Thats about it. I don't understand why he's so overrated. Ash can be a clean hitter. He can be groomed into a pinch hitter and Aftab probably can adjust too.
Old October 5, 2010, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
^^ .

He is also a proven dream breaker
Old October 5, 2010, 02:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Last time they left our national team, our AAA battery was not that good:

Anything changed between then and now?
Old October 5, 2010, 03:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Rabz bhai proven? How so. Ya I know he single handlely won games for us. But how many games has he played so far in his career and how many has he won for us? Also when was the last time he on a game for us. Terms like proven doesnt apply to Ashraful. Terms like Eid applys to ashraful.

For years, and i means years after years, he was the lone fighter who shouldered the burden of our expectation, all by himself.
There was a time, we had only Ash.
And, thats it.
With the willow in hand, we didnt have anyone to dream with, no one could either.
Our dream started the moment Ash walked into the field and finished the moment he left.

More often than not, yes, we were dissapointed. But before you blame the whole thing onto him, please do remember our cricketing culture, our social culture, our sporting history and glories.
No one in the history of our 39 years of existence had to walk around with as much expectation as Ash did in his pimple faced years.

But the days he stood up for himself and for his country, those were glorious days. When his bat sang, the whole 160 million danced with it. He stood up against the improbable and done the impossible.
And it was only Mohammad Ashraful of Bangladesh, could have done that from Bangladesh, for Bangladesh.

Now we have Tamim.
Now we have Sakib.
Mashrafee was always there, but we've spent a better part of his career wondering whether to let him roar or bubble wrap him.

But for all he had to endure, I'm pretty confident that Inshallah Allah would pay him back in great many folds. All these love and adulation of the commoners doesn't go wasted.

Ash would get back in the team on his own merit and this time when he does, he would shine the way he was always meant to be.

I believe in him.
Sometimes you just do.
Old October 5, 2010, 03:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Most of the middle order did get into double figures which is an improvement, but we do need that one more batsman who is special in the middle overs so we can get a score more near 300
Old October 5, 2010, 03:21 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

You want a guy (Ahmed Ahamook) who recently said "Cricket khela onek koster" and he won't recommend any1 to become a cricket player"

Plus, Aftab wasn't even bothering to train with the 30 man squad so he has been left out later on.

Same goes with Alok, he have been called up for the A team 3 times since coming back from icl but refused to play....and came up with excuse(once was understandable as his dada died but other 2 was just an excuse)
Old October 5, 2010, 03:38 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

We should not go back to the days of AAA batteries. They had their days, succeeded occasionally but failed on most occasions.

Now it is time for new generation batteries with better consistency and longevity.
Old October 5, 2010, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Ash and Aftab I can understand but why Alok? I mean really. What has he ever done? Score a century against India? Thats about it. I don't understand why he's so overrated. Ash can be a clean hitter. He can be groomed into a pinch hitter and Aftab probably can adjust too.
alok 10 times better then aftab...aftab is just waste for a batting slot in both international and domestic matches

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old October 5, 2010, 04:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
We should not go back to the days of AAA batteries. They had their days, succeeded occasionally but failed on most occasions.

Now it is time for new generation batteries with better consistency and longevity.
i will take the AA (afab and ash) than the selfish mullah and defensive naeem any day.
Old October 5, 2010, 04:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Why exactly would you want AAA back in ODI, we just won a match man... come on! Ah what I can suggest is that form a separate T20 team and install AA or even AAA.
Old October 5, 2010, 04:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
For years, and i means years after years, he was the lone fighter who shouldered the burden of our expectation, all by himself.
There was a time, we had only Ash.
And, thats it.
With the willow in hand, we didnt have anyone to dream with, no one could either.
Our dream started the moment Ash walked into the field and finished the moment he left.

More often than not, yes, we were dissapointed. But before you blame the whole thing onto him, please do remember our cricketing culture, our social culture, our sporting history and glories.
No one in the history of our 39 years of existence had to walk around with as much expectation as Ash did in his pimple faced years.

But the days he stood up for himself and for his country, those were glorious days. When his bat sang, the whole 160 million danced with it. He stood up against the improbable and done the impossible.
And it was only Mohammad Ashraful of Bangladesh, could have done that from Bangladesh, for Bangladesh.

Now we have Tamim.
Now we have Sakib.
Mashrafee was always there, but we've spent a better part of his career wondering whether to let him roar or bubble wrap him.

But for all he had to endure, I'm pretty confident that Inshallah Allah would pay him back in great many folds. All these love and adulation of the commoners doesn't go wasted.

Ash would get back in the team on his own merit and this time when he does, he would shine the way he was always meant to be.

I believe in him.
Sometimes you just do.
Very nicely said Rabz bhai
He has been a great serviceman for Bangladesh and Inshallah he will come back strongly
Old October 5, 2010, 07:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

We seriosuly need at least one big hitter at the death to give us 250/260s from scores liek 210/220s, otherwise we won't be winning games on a regular basis. I say bring at least one of them back and give them a good 20 game run.
Old October 5, 2010, 07:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

1st let them perform in the NCL and then we can talk about them coming back in to the team..otherwise there's no point of talking about them..I prefer having just Naeem in there because of his quality bowling..but if the 3 As perform then we can think about it..no guarantee that they will be consistent..
Old October 5, 2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashraful1
Most of the middle order did get into double figures which is an improvement, but we do need that one more batsman who is special in the middle overs so we can get a score more near 300
Good observation, agreeable and acceptable in the current situation. Hope when Tamim comes back, this situation will be even rosier.
Old October 5, 2010, 09:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

AAA battery is not exactly the best advertisement for our cricket TBH. You need a big hitter right? Then go for Nazimuddin. He deserves to play before those 3.