facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 24, 2015, 10:59 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
This is their best possible side. We just happen to be a far better team than them and have outplayed them in every single department. We are just getting used to winning thats all. So yes of course we won't feel like how we felt in 99 when we beat them. We were expecting to win the series. We talked the talk and we walked the walk.
It's not their possible side. I'm pretty sure it's not Bangladesh's best possible side either.

Pakistani cricket is corrupt to the core, it means that quality players are not getting picked, instead you have **** players picked.

I'm not sure Bangladesh fans realise what this series win actually means. Diddly squat, winning ODIs and T20s outside of global events is nothing.

People will remember this series because it's when there was giant killing. But ODI series wins are very very rarely remember.

However if Bangladesh win the test series, whitewash or 1-0 or whatever. That will be something to talk about.

Old April 24, 2015, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^ Thank you for sharing your valuable insights Mr. Bones, and now you can shove it!
Old April 24, 2015, 11:05 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
^ Thank you for sharing your valuable insight Mr. Bones, and now you can shove it!
Tell me where I've said something rude or without some ground to stand on.

My valuable insight is a heck of lot more than the rubbish posted by people on this forum.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

^ you can start by sharing some facts about who are these world beating Pak talents that are hiding in the caves of Tora Bora that weren't picked for the team?
Old April 24, 2015, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabones
It's not their possible side. I'm pretty sure it's not Bangladesh's best possible side either.

Pakistani cricket is corrupt to the core, it means that quality players are not getting picked, instead you have **** players picked.

I'm not sure Bangladesh fans realise what this series win actually means. Diddly squat, winning ODIs and T20s outside of global events is nothing.

People will remember this series because it's when there was giant killing. But ODI series wins are very very rarely remember.

However if Bangladesh win the test series, whitewash or 1-0 or whatever. That will be something to talk about.
It takes time to win test series, even India with all it's resources and population took 20 years to win the first match... Bangladesh already has won few test matches within the last 14 years . ODI is the stepping stone to improve performance in test; with another 3-4 years I am sure we will win test matches against top sides consistently as well.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:15 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
How long did it take India to win their first test series?
It took India 20 years, but that's a silly comparison really. In 16 years since Bangladesh have been given test status they have played 88 tests. India played 25 tests in those 20 years and drew almost half of them. The ratio of losses was far lower. They had a respectable stat to the test format.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
It takes time to win test series, even India with all it's resources and population took 20 years to win the first match... Bangladesh already has won few test matches within the last 14 years . ODI is the stepping stone to improve performance in test; with another 3-4 years I am sure we will win test matches against top sides consistently as well.
I think it was 5/6 years post independence. But it was against fellow starters Pakistan. outside of Pakistan, they beat NZ in 1956, I.e. 9 years.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
It took India 20 years, but that's a silly comparison really. In 16 years since Bangladesh have been given test status they have played 88 tests. India played 25 tests in those 20 years and drew almost half of them. The ratio of losses was far lower. They had a respectable stat to the test format.
20 years had pre-independence years too. That time Pakistan and Bangladesh were part of the same team.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:22 AM
Club Cricketer

India might have taken a long time to win our first test but we weren't as horrible as Bangladesh are in tests.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:27 AM

I think comparison between 1950s and 2000s is silly. We can compare Zimbabwe and SL with Bangladesh as these two countries got their status just few years before.

Anyway, these don't mean anything. Even after 15-20 years the team starts playing well, that should be good enough.
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer
India might have taken a long time to win our first test but we weren't as horrible as Bangladesh are in tests.
another sour grape? we need some anit viruses to clean up such trash talk
Street Cricketer

It's quite disappointing really. Seems like my other thread has been removed. Nowhere did I "troll" or "abuse", but seems like the tolerance level of this forum is very low.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:28 AM
Cricket Guru

come on guys. Its time to celebrate and not engulf ourselves in hatred comments. Let us act like winners and not sour losers
Old April 24, 2015, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Sorry folks all we can do is offer petroleum jelly to soothe the burning sensation! Adios!
Old April 24, 2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer
They actually were horrible. Only thing was that they got a few drawn tests in defeats. Test cricket was the only form played at that time, so it was expected. These days, drawn tests are rare.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
It's quite disappointing really. Seems like my other thread has been removed. Nowhere did I "troll" or "abuse", but seems like the tolerance level of this forum is very low.
Your intentions were not in good spirits especially at a time when Bangladeshi fans are celebrating. I think the Admins were right to SHUT YOU DOWN.

But for what its worth, I do agree that we did take time to build our cricket.
Old April 24, 2015, 11:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I am thrilled today because today's Pak team had Afridi, Shehezad, Ajmol, Tanvir the common faces.

And also because Pak are ranked 4th in T20s
Old April 24, 2015, 12:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

আবার জিগায় !!!! :লল:
Old April 24, 2015, 12:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Yes, I'm thrilled to the highest power today.
Old April 24, 2015, 08:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
You're banned, but you can read the forum, so I'll reply.

You're just looking at experiential learning when you compare the number of games played and are ignoring the development-over-time factor. 20 years is still a long time to develop infrastructure, coaching, and generation after generation of players. Proper institutional coaching in BD began in 1996 or 1997. In 2006, we had the first decent batch of players. Since then, every new, young batch of players have gotten better and better. So, you can't just look at the number of games India and Bangladesh played; you also have to look at the number of years.

There was also less competition back then. Players have gotten better over time, and there are more competitive teams in world cricket nowadays. Naturally, it's harder and takes longer to catch up with more competition.

And playing way fewer games in those early development years helps with that ratio. After four more years, I'm sure there'll be more BD test draws and wins in the record books. We won't end up with half of our matches drawn, but our record up to date will look less shambolic.

And perceptions about ODI teams are results of their ODI results, performances and rankings. Not Test results, performances, and rankings - that makes no sense. These are two different formats.

As for this is not being Pakistan's best side...they don't have better batsmen. They could've sent a better bowling attack instead of sending a bunch of top bowlers who haven't played in a while. But I think that's their problem. And we didn't barely beat them. They took a shellacking in all four matches.

A normal person appreciates and likes the fact when there's more competition in cricket, and it's always good to see new, emerging teams developing. It's actually natural for most people to root for the underdogs. Instead, we have these xenophobic idiots always telling us that BD should've never gotten Test status and that we're still a minnow and detests whenever we win a game.

Last edited by epitaph; April 24, 2015 at 09:05 PM..