facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 13, 2008, 11:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default bangladesh players commitment.

first it was sakib and now nafees. while education and academics are certainly important and not just for the "life after cricket", i can't help but feel that some of our players are uncertain of their careers or of bangladesh retaining its full member status. what else explains the mad rush to go back to school?

i'll be all for it if the guys return with a better head on their shoulders and they get rewards both on and off the field but its too early to tell now.

i am a student, thats my "job". sakib and nafees' behavior is akin to me taking time off from school to go play cricket. each of us has a sphere in which we belong, our national teamers have beaten immense odds to be national teamers, and that must be their sphere.

for example, enam with all his talent, is being shafted by the management and he's off finding high level cricket to play. he has the cricket spirit, the fighting attitude. what is sakib and nafees doing?

sorry to sound fatalistic.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old August 13, 2008, 12:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Asaad go back to study!! That is the most important part of your life. Even Michael Jordan has a college degree. Tiger woods, Jim Brown, Jerry Rice all has one.

Not the cricketers fault to be recruited so early. Management issue.
Old August 13, 2008, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Asaad go back to study!! That is the most important part of your life. Even Michael Jordan has a college degree. Tiger woods, Jim Brown, Jerry Rice all has one.

with the exception of tiger, all the previous college was a pre-req for getting to NFL/NBA...even today college is necessary pre-req for NFL, and i'm sure that 80% of top draft picks do not have a degree...in other words they're not in school for academic reasons but athletic reasons.

i'm not downplaying the importance of education - iqra!!!! - but i am questioning the players' self belief. seems SN is using academics as a backup for cricket, not in case of emergency which is understandable and even advisable, but because he doesn't expect to be able to make a career out of cricket.

by contrast enam is not taking tests, but trying to get in a position to playing in tests.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 13, 2008, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

based on the title of the thread, i would say Bangladeshi players are well committed to their game.
(4/5 marks on the big scale as a judge on commitment)

our poor performances attribute to good quality opposition and a lack of concentration from time to time...otherwise with our poor domestic structure, i would say Bangladesh has alhamdulillah progressed in world cricket, we do see Players and the team as a unit performing beyond expectation on certain days against quality opposition, don't we?

problem is, we just havn't seen any of it recently as a whole unit except for some personal achivements.

rabz bhai, our prayers DO get answered , just not on a daily basis, that's all...

how much can you expect from a bunch of college kids just passing from teen-adults?most players in world cricket mature after 25 years...so given all these factors, i would say alhamdulillah Bangladesh has done well,we have not done excellent, just well.

about shahriar nafees: i think he is fine! just needs to keep playing with A team/domestic league and National team, his excellent form will definitely inshallah come!(i have said it before)
Old August 13, 2008, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

i.e reading a history book is not going stop SN from edging balls that would have been signaled wide if he hadn't taken a swipe at them.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 13, 2008, 12:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Very important last line.

We pick players for the national team when they should be in high school, unlike other countries, where the players don't get a national call till mid twenties, safely beyond graduation age.

Since we do that, BCB maybe needs to maybe open a special wing coordinating student-athletes. Online classes, exams, take home exams, moving an exam date to prevent clashes with intl commitments etc will be part of that wing coordinating with the school and the player.

Start a pension fund also for national players. Maybe they have it already.

Continue to make cricket a well earned profession.
Old August 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I dont think its a big deal.
Its just one series they are missing. they play throughout the whole year and there are many more series' to come in the future.

if anyone takes a little time off to secure a degree when they are still young, i guess its allright.

Even though in this SN case, i feel he wanted to take some time off to rethink about his lean patches and try come back strongly. With a backing of a strong mama/chacha, he knows his place is all too secured. He's got a strong stats to back him up and any faulter by other player would mean an automatic choice for him. Given our players, they are bound to faulter.

In Sakib's case, he knew for sure that his place is cemented and i think it was the perfect time for him to opt out. Now see, he is back in the team in a flash.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 14, 2008, 11:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Start a pension fund also for national players. Maybe they have it already.

Continue to make cricket a well earned profession.
Everything should come in time. Must be linked with performance. Things given what is not well deserved, is premature.

You know, almost everything premature is eventually bad
Old August 14, 2008, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

icha thakle upai hoi..
Old August 14, 2008, 02:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Everything should come in time. Must be linked with performance. Things given what is not well deserved, is premature.

You know, almost everything premature is eventually bad
Granted. And, yes, it should be linked with performance and years spent giving service to the nation. Obviously different pay categories will depend upon the amount of servitude.
Old August 15, 2008, 05:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

He is an intelligent player who is balancing his life with the realities.. he is not a "obhiash pleyaar" who thinks of cricket but learns nothing after playing 120 matches... if you get the drift..
Old August 15, 2008, 06:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
He is an intelligent player who is balancing his life with the realities.. he is not a "obhiash pleyaar" who thinks of cricket but learns nothing after playing 120 matches... if you get the drift..
And this Intelligent player hasn't learned much after 3 Years ... Still Slashes at balls well outside offstump and the "obhiash pleyaar" is still better than him
Old August 15, 2008, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its not ours to defend who prioritizes what in his or her life..None claimed that Shahrier Nafis is a top class intnernational player.. intelligence and unwillingness to learn mutually exclusive? who cares if one didnt learn in 120 match/8 years and other in 3 years.. Who is better,, stats speaks, so does TV broadcasts..
Old August 16, 2008, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:

Quote:
Its not ours to defend who prioritizes what in his or her life..None claimed that Shahrier Nafis is a top class intnernational player.. intelligence and unwillingness to learn mutually exclusive? who cares if one didnt learn in 120 match/8 years and other in 3 years.. Who is better,, stats speaks, so does TV broadcasts..
You'd make a very bad politician, But I do agree not our Job to judge ... I'll just leave it at that.
Old August 17, 2008, 02:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

that shows they dont care about whethere we win or lose . because if they want to win bangladesh they would say na i have to play for my country to win match and bring our team in number 1 in the world .