facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 27, 2005, 09:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Shorom lojito, apomanito, dukito.........

Old May 27, 2005, 09:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
or is it Hara Kiri?
No Hara kiri or sepukku would be if Bashar was so ashamed of his actions that he took his own life. In modern cricketing term, that would equate to resignation and retirement from captaincy and test criket respectively.

I am a fan of H.B. And like most common observers and BD fans, would like him to eschew this shot which most of the opponents SUCCESSFULLY tempt him into. I wish he could bat a little more responsibly so when he tells the younger batsmen to do so, they don't laugh their behinds off at Bashar's obvious lack of credibility. Darn it, do we really have to hand over the captaincy to Pilot again?
Old May 27, 2005, 09:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cracky
What I dislike most about Bashar's captaincy is that he is very conventional. Never tries something unusal. He never uses his part time bowlers properly. Somethime he uses them but by then its very late.
i said it before and was attacked by BC members as if i was a rebel.
Old May 27, 2005, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Does not matter if Bashar scored 50's and 100's in test cricket. Does not matter if he got the Nobel prize.

Bottom Line to me -

Either Bashar needs to learn how to properly hook & pull (like the English batsmen did without giving loppa catches) Or he stops trying to hook or pull every short ball.

He tried to pull in the first innings and got a top edge the first time he tried it. He repeated the same error in the second innings before he could even get to a score of 20. This is NOT a practice match. People usually learn from mistakes. Bashar did not.

I am sure that if you make a Chimpanzee touch fire, that Chimp will try to avoid fire at all future opportunities. And that Chimp does not need to be super-intelligent to learn what's good for him. Unfortunately Bashar goes through this learning process in every series and he still fails to remember the obvious lesson.

Bashar is not just a rookie picked for his batting skills. He is the ****ing captain for God's sake!

I did not call Bashar stupid. I just pointed out that he fits the definition of stupid. Quite literally

Edited on, May 28, 2005, 4:10 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Old May 27, 2005, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

And so far,
bekub=moron=dumb=bakkol=stupid

Never thought that I'll find shakespeare relevant. But here it is:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

--From Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Now, please make the following replacements:

replace rose with Bashar
replace smell with be
replace sweet with any of the words in the equation mentioned in the beginning of this post.
Old May 27, 2005, 11:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

whether we like it or not, Habibul is our best batsmen (if we go by statistics), and if we use these names on him, what would we call the other batsmen?
Old May 27, 2005, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

There is no denying that Bashar is the best of what we have. But that doesn't make him untouchable.

Seems like all he cares about is fulfilling his own arrogant self-image (Best batsman of Bangladesh who hooks or pulls the fast bowlers that send bouncers his way). If he cared about the image of the team and the country then his first goal should have been to play as chance-less an innings as possible.

All indications are that Bashar is suffering from a passive primadonna complex.
Old May 28, 2005, 07:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
And so far,
bekub=moron=dumb=bakkol=stupid

Never thought that I'll find shakespeare relevant. But here it is:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

--From Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Now, please make the following replacements:

replace rose with Bashar
replace smell with be
replace sweet with any of the words in the equation mentioned in the beginning of this post.
bekub=moron=dumb=bakkol=stupid=vodai=gadha=nirbodh
Old May 28, 2005, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

I think there is some credence to the comment that Bashar doesn't try enough new things in his approach - batting order shuffle, bowler rotations, etc. He seems to run out of ideas quickly when things don't go well.

As for his own batting, his style is along the same lines - that is all he knows and it is either a hit or a miss. This time it failed, he may get a 50 or a 100 in the same manner in the next game. By the law of averages, he survives, but there is no introspection to see if he should indeed tailor his approach to the game situation.
Old May 28, 2005, 09:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

He is only Hooker that gets caught all the time!
Old May 28, 2005, 09:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Okay, that was a good one
Old May 28, 2005, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

why does bashar play a shot which he is obviously not good in? the best hookers/pullers in the game are kalis, ponting, dravid etc. Have you ever seen them get caught in that shot?

shahadat give bouncers after bouncer and get cut or pulled with ease. he is really not that quick to make international batsmen hurry in these strokes.

these guys should know their limitation, or be dropped from the team and only come back when they change their attitude.
Old May 28, 2005, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Logen
Awesome word play!!! :P
Old May 28, 2005, 10:14 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Here comes Bashar....... Clasic Bait and Trap

It is easy to bait and trap the Bangladeshi captain than a cockroach and the whole world knows that.

Cause no matter what happens to his Bangladesh team he's gonna play his self-destructing pool and hook shot without settling himself to the situation.
He should consider not playing for himself BUT FOR HIS COUNTRY.
Suggestions: Donot play pull and hook shot until you reach 50. Cause as a taleneted batsman he has other shots in his disposal.
And I really believe he could produce a fifty in the next match just being gentle not aggresive like PILOT.
Old May 28, 2005, 10:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

100% Correct.
Old May 28, 2005, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Bashar wants to learn from mistakes!

He never will
Old May 28, 2005, 12:28 PM
Club Cricketer

i totally respect the fact that he gots most of the runs from these shots...butttttt...the person who gives him these stats should also give him the stat , that how many times he got out with hooks/pull.....and what impact it leaves to the team...

not calling him stupid or anything... but i really wish what inspires him to keep playing same wrong shots at wrong time...
never seen anyone with this much dedication towards something that just achieves him shame
Old May 28, 2005, 12:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

If you read Dav Whatmore's comments- he clearly doesn't see Bashar as the best batsmen in the team. He says that "statistically, he is our best batsman" but actually doesn't acknowledge the fact that he thinks of it that way!
But the blame should be shared by all 11 players. Bashar can be a poor batsmen, but what about the others? What about our "teen prodigy" Ashraful? Why is he batting with a gun-ho attitude? Doesn't he know that he's playing a test match and not chasing 50 runs from 5 overs in his favorite "goli"?
In the first innings we played 39 overs out of which 3 batsmen played 27 overs- what was the rest of the team doing?
Even I survived 9 overs the other day playing a league match, shouldn't i get selected?
Old May 29, 2005, 02:58 AM
Street Cricketer

The problem with Bashar is his stubborn attitude. I remember in the first ODI against West Indies last year, he got bowled out trying to pull an unpullable length ball. He got out, and instead of admitting it was misjudgement on his part, he arrogantly claimed that pull shot is his favorite and he will not stop playing it.
Mr. Bashar, if pull shot is your favorite, you first have to judge the length properly and decide whether the ball is short enough or not. Tendulkar and Inzamam can make comments like that because theire judgements are hardly ever wrong. But Mr. Bashar is a mediocre batsman and he hast to play each ball on its merit and not be stubborn about playing the pull shot all the time.

I also remember in the first test against India recently, Irfan bowled short balls to him keeping a fineleg and a square leg knowing fully well that this stupid immature batsman is going to pull him nevertheless. He did that in both innings and in both innings Bashar got out in the same manner.

This is call stubborn nature. Gowar shala. Jiboneo shikhbe na.
Old May 29, 2005, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Everyone said so much stuff abt him that I really dun ahve anything else to add...just gona say.... if he really want to lead from the front....he has to stop playing pull shot for a while...or atleast keep it to a minimum....not play pull shots unless he is really set.... and leave everything else upto ALLAH...only he can help him.......
Old May 29, 2005, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher

He never will

At least he sounds a little demure this time. Thank God that he had the sense to not say stuff like "Pull is my favorite shot" etc etc etc blah blah blah.

source:
Bashar sounds a little remorseful

Sorry if someone else posted this in some other thread
Old May 29, 2005, 07:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher

He never will
he will get out in the same manner in 2nd test.
Old May 29, 2005, 08:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
Quote:
Originally posted by Logen
Awesome word play!!! :P
thats classic,
Stop bashing the poor guy i'm sure he was crying after the match and don't question the fact that he's playing for his country .
Old May 29, 2005, 08:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

After every match bashar says he will learn from the mistakes. ---All BS...

He should removed from captaincy after this series ( even If he gets hundred in the 2nd test) .. Pilot should be the captain. ....as long as Bashar is the captain nothing will happen... A captain should be someone who has the sense of responsibility and can be a role model for the young players....He might be a great batsmen but he is basically a moron
Old May 29, 2005, 08:49 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

someone should ask him "what are the mistakes he is talking about". i'm sure this one question will answer for many many questions.

does he even know his mistakes let alone fixing them?