facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2017, 12:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Angry The Official Negative Nelly and Debbie Downer Thread!!

Hi friends!

Welcome to my official negative nelly and debbie downer thread!!
So I admit I have been a little p.o, antsy and irritated lately. At the end of the day, lol, I can't blame anyone but myself. So it's all my fault; I take full responsibility; I agree; I accept.

This actually made me rethink things and after my ego got crushed, bruised and battered like the salmon (NOT slalom) aklemalp cooks or that dude who goes to Bangladesh lungi restora who it misses for breakfast with his sliced cheese, wine and cracker... where was I... so after surrendering my ego...I realized I need to give prayer a chance.

I mean with age, as you grow old, you have to yield more to natural forces, and being spiritual, soul and God seeking comes with the territory. Call it occupational hazard.

So if I am giving prayer a chance, why the negative attitude? Precisely because of that. I mean...I mean... imagine if you get lol boosted with a shot of adrenaline, NZT or antidote to all the diseases of the world... wouldn't you want to want to spice up your life with little drama? Some steep slope? Some resistance? Or as I call piece de resistance?

Hence, since NOTHING can take me down now after finding God. Since nothing can bring me down after finding Christina Aguilera. Since nothing can hold me back when I am tied to a jet fuel rocket propeller after finding Adele... (actually scratch that, SHE can hold me down. ) this forces me to take my game to the next level to see what I am really made of. What WE are really made of and capable.

Let the negativity begin.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old January 21, 2017, 12:27 AM
Cricket Savant

I will go first.

T20 1: L
T20 2: L
T20 3: L

ODI 1: L
ODI 2: L
ODI 3: L

Test 1: L

That's SEVEN frikkin L's. As someone once remarked in CI once about a diff. scenario: Bangladesh has more Ls than a frikkin Welsh railway station!!!!

Old January 21, 2017, 12:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish, that man becomes Shakib from Magura and the fish Magur maach. (Okay that was not only lame, but made no sense whatsoever.)

Encore!

You can take a man from village, but you can't take village out of Rubel. (Get it? Rubel the village gangster.)

Something tells me... this thread will get some delicious red arrows.

Old January 21, 2017, 12:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Okay I will be on topic.

It DOESN'T matter if NZ gets bowled out and trailing, WE ALL KNOW what will happen... ...just like the first test, even after leading we LOST.

Even JJ Abrams can't find a better plot that this. Seriously guys, there is no point patting our back. Besides, what GOOD or a consolation can possibly come after a streak of 7 losses?

Old January 21, 2017, 12:40 AM
Cricket Guru

^^ Zee, your date ditched you early again?
Old January 21, 2017, 01:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Guys guys... stop spamming me and inboxing me with updates and ideas.

Here is your much awaited and much asked handbook that I get DM-ed for.

A 12 Step Guide to Being the Ultimate Negative Nelly and Debbie Downer par excellence

1. Sentence must use titkiri (slang).
2. There should be a khocha mara (poke) of at least one separate word minimum.
3. The tone should be himdaila (untranslatable) in nature.
4. The sentence may start with "Eeeeeeeh....." as in "Eeeeeeehhh ekta six mairay nijeke Bradman money kore sh---a"
5. You must find anti-silver lining in EVERYTHING.
Examplia gratia:
Situation: Bangladesh wins World Cup 2018
Accepted reaction:
a. Bujjhhi.... test status pawar atharo bosor por...kono rokome koshte moshte kotaye kotaye final jitse konorokome... boli aro ektu dosh bosor por derite korlei parto
b. Ekhon Allah r waste mathay na uthlei hoy... dekha jabe next match South Sudan er kase dosh wicketey
harse

6. Must criticize the small achievements ruthlessly, relentlessly, and ascetically like a self-flagellating Mohoroom dudes, or an anal retentive Zen monk uttering the hymn "musn't smile at any cost, musn't smile at any cost....musn't smile at any cost...."
7. MUST use AT LEAST one demotivational phrase as in:
-desher manush bhaat khaite pare na r uni everest climb kore
-desher manush bhaat khaite pare na r uni chaade jawar shopno dekhe
-desher manush bhaat khaite pare na r unara bmw kine man of the match hoye
8. Need to SIGH at least once and use TWO of the following clauses:
kono luv nai....kisui hobe na... etodin jokhon hoynai... kono dino hobe na.. r hoise... eto kisu koirao luv nai... behuda paisa dhale... morning shows the day... 17 bosor poro jodi na series jite r kono dino hobe na... mul kotha hoche 'we ar just not good enough''..
9. Not mandatory but preferably an occasional sentence as "Let's face it we are not world class" or "We don't have world class players" is recommended.
10. Highly urge to use a "he's good, but not #1" or "if playing for few years, he thinks he is #1...then we have nothing to say"
11. Any of the following interjections is allowed and accepted IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER: 1. scoffing; 2. snickering; 3. cynical; 4. finicky or fussy with "*sigh* dekhi" tone' 5. sassy with measured "jhaaz"; and last but not the least... and any form of 6. 'stuck down so let's pull down' frame of reference.
12. NO MATTER HOW BRIGHT THE MATCH SITUATION IS, MUST have at least one ristslitting note: "1 run to win, 10 overs, 8 wickets... waiting for a collapse..." or say opposition needs 36 runs from last ball "watch now how Rubel leaks runs or Kamrul sprays down the leg..."

BONUS!!!!

13. (Hey, can't be a downer without harking triskaidekaphobia.. )

Insert [This is the real Bangladesh] at any time.

TWO POWER BOOSTS TO ANTE THE NEGATIVE SPIRIT:

1. Excusitis. Must use AT LEAST ONE excuse (for instance, scapegoating, victimization, lack of physique, stamina...) to justify losses or impending losses.
2. PING PONG Principle: Basically the tenet is say or do something that is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE to the player's behavior:
-For instance, i. if a keeper drops catches and smiles? catch drop koira hashe abar, lojja shorom nai.
ii. if a keeper drops catches and upset? dekhona, mukh kala koira rakse... money hoy jeno koto koshto kortese

OR,
i. if a player celebrates after 100? "bhabkana jeno nobel prize jitese"
ii. if a player does NOT celebrate 100? "Dekhona, ohonkare...r futani te bache na... mood e bache na"

Well you get the gist. Remember with practice comes mastery!

Old January 21, 2017, 10:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Labhly attempt. Suggestion: include comments on players away from the field eg. series haraiya nirlojjer moton biryani thusche...