facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2017, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
there is a big difference between the trap balls and bad ball. A trap ball would be suddenly bowl a full delivery after couple of bouncers. Or one slightly away from the body. A bad ball is one around the pads and half volleys. Look no further than Rubel for the second kind...
Catch practice at the Gully or point or 3rd slip is a trap ball. A fifth wicket line is a trap ball. Look at the last innings. SS got out chasing that ball. Shakib first ball without even looking at the pitch, without even giving any time in the middle (he just walked in) he fires one for 4. The very next ball (or the 3rd ball) he gets a live. Raval drops him. Sitter. Damn care. Three balls later he gets out at Gully. If these are not trap balls and considered as bad balls (to be hit) then I agree to disagree.

Old January 26, 2017, 09:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

Football analogy: late 4th quarter, you have a 24-20 lead with the ball on your own 30 yard line. Its now 3 and 5. You have a receiver open right at the marker for first down (safest option). You also have one WIDE OPEN 30 yards downfield. Its not a crime to go for the 30 yarder unless you get picked off. Yes Shakib "threw a pick 6" in that situation but had it come off we'd all applaud. ...
After the 3rd pick 6 Shiakib would be moved to DB or Wide receiver. Because he is not learning from his mistake. The coach will give him a earful to throw the ball away. Unless you have Jerry Jones type owner. There is no room for Romo'isk play. That is why he has only 1 playoff win (Jodi ligga jai). No one will get him as a starter money if he is released. NO ONE!!! Ending games with pick 6.
Old January 26, 2017, 09:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Okay i understand modern day cricket is far more attacking but how about batting for time? When we know we have sessions to survive to draw the test in the second innings. How about when opposition has purposely set an off side field and adopted a full offside length to encourage you to play shots and make a mistake? I remember Australia did this to Tendulkar in Australia under Ganguly... fed him balls outside off whole day and got him out caught behind twice. Next test he completely shelved those cut shot and only played balls on his body and legside and scored a double. Reading opposition strategy and countering them is the hallmark of a good player.
Keep preaching. That is what we need here and in the locker room.
Old January 26, 2017, 09:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

Shakib has buil his entire career with shoddy battin technique and plenty of edges and mishits. Still averages 40. Ugly but effective.

The real criticism should be on the shot he played in the firs test.

2nd test, if you want to criticize his slap cut behind point, you'd be criticising 75% of his caree scoring shots...
So you totally ignore the game situation and play your natural game (as some would say, khek)?

Shot clock off 18 seconds left for the game, you are leading by 1 and you have the ball you are Steph Curry. You dribble down the court and take a 3? Just because you are the best 3 point shooter in the history of the game? HE WOULD NEVER do that. If allowed he would dribble and dribble and run out the clock.

That is why with few points lead offense takes a knee and eliminates the risk of turning it over and not throw the ball or run the ball.

"Risk management" is part of the game/strategy/life. That is what I taught for 9 years bro. Playing his shots and not reducing the risk is selfish and NOT for the team.
Old January 26, 2017, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
lmao @ zaheer abbas era... Mupi to bhaloi TE'r eij ber kore dil'o
"Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew; when I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt; I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all, and I stood tall; And did it myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy waaaaaay!"
Old January 26, 2017, 10:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

your point is valid. not saying our batsmen don't have patience issues. but on the other hand, I don't mind the aggressive nature in Tests as well knowing we can't really grind it out. better to score some runs and get out instead of a 50 ball 10.

from the current line up, no current batsmen is a true grind sort of player. We had Golla, Rajin Saleh, Naeem who are that sort of players. Tamim/Shakib/Riyad and even the newcomers such as Mominul/Sabbir are not those old fashioned Test players. From what I have seen of Shanto, seems like he is suited for Tests and the upcoming player Saif Hassan also fits that criteria.

I was pleased to see the patient rearguard by Mushy and Sabbir in the 1st Test. They were playing for time as you described earlier. They seemed comfortable and determined until that blow to Mushy's head. So the ability is there as was displayed by these two. More FC cricket will bring it out even more.

Finally, good test bowlers such as Boult/Southee and Wagner (who only knows bouncers) rarely gives away any bad deliveries. So when the batsmen sees one they immediately jump on it to score a boundary. I am pretty sure if Tamim/Shakib faced Rubel/Taskin they would leave a lot more and punish the bad ones more efficiently.