facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 16, 2017, 08:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat
Yes we won

Lots of hearts,kidneys,lungs,testicles,ears,noses
Now Swashbuckling BC fans will deem me a indian and troll

Just for fun

Lol! Enough of winning hearts kidneys and lungs.

Need to win bloody games!

Old January 16, 2017, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
If this was from another nation batsmen. Say England or Aus, I'm sure media/fans on social sites would have ripped him apart, totally.

No two ways, no excuses for escape.
Why? What do you mean why? FFS..! 10 years of cricket, been there seen many a things, vastly experienced player, been around the world, batted for more than 250balls first innings. Then, he does this amateur act 2nd innings? Don't anyone dare to say it was malicious/wicked, out the top draw delivery, to that he got out. Because, you will only make a fool out of yourself, just like Shhuupastar Al Hasan.

Mahmdullah equally and more at fault. But Mahmudullah isn't star man, neither should he be in the side. Not making it seem ok Riyad failed, he is a loser we all know, and I want him booted out of the side. Sakib is the star player, end off. Star man, giving wicket away like that is unacceptable. He basically gave it away under no pressure whatsoever, under no great threat from great swing, seaming, rank turning deliveries ditched at him constantly or anything.

May Allah grant the blessings to the Bangladeshi players with basic fundamentals of cricket, especially understanding match situations. Ameen!
Imagine if it was Kevin Pietersen lol!!!
Old January 16, 2017, 10:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Shakib is lucky he is from Bangladesh. Otherwise his test career would end a long ago.
Old January 16, 2017, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Shakib is lucky he is from Bangladesh. Otherwise his test career would end a long ago.
Quality test player, but always gets out when it hurts Bangladesh the most. It's not the only time he started the collapse, he has put on extreme pressure to lower order bat by playing silly shots... he plays the silly shot and the rest follow.. but the rest normally become the victim and he doesn't because his Shakib Al Hasan.
Old January 16, 2017, 10:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

OP has no clue.

And I saw this (losing) before day 5 began. Way before shakib took the crease. And OP had no clue what I was talking about then. Some tried to justify their IGNORANCE.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=47755
All of them are to be blamed. However, the coaches should take the lion share.
See the last paragraph.
Old January 16, 2017, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
OP has no clue.

And I saw this (losing) before day 5 began. Way before shakib took the crease. And OP had no clue what I was talking about then. Some tried to justify their IGNORANCE.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=47755

See the last paragraph. There lies the blame.
I am sorry bro. I was tempted to write on your thread "this is going to be a hit thread" but backed out incase we won. You have foreseen the future, and believe it or not.. I had a strange feeling what you wrote was gonna happen
Old January 16, 2017, 10:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Another player with mental problem. He certainly lacks game awareness like rest of the team.

He hasn't done this sort of thing just once, he's been doing it for ages.

Just couple of months back against England he threw his wicket in the morning session and put the team in trouble.

Now he's done it again. It's a continuous process. He won't learn and definitely will get out in similar fashion in future too.
Old January 16, 2017, 10:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Please, don't be sorry. At the end of the day, we are fans and it is just a game.

The thing is Test cricket is not like limited over cricket. The third option of draw makes it different.
Old January 16, 2017, 10:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zeal...y/1077936.html
Old January 16, 2017, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

^ Five questions for Shakib Al Hasan (read Shakib fan boys)
Old January 16, 2017, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Even before Isam wrote the article I knew why we lost! It pains me much to even utter his name
Old January 16, 2017, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Recent example from Isams article "Looking back, two previous instances come to mind, in which Shakib was dismissed at a critical point of a Test match. Against England last October, he wildly charged Moeen Ali off the second ball of the third day, with Bangladesh on 221 for 5. They slipped to 248 all out in reply to England's 293, and gave away an opportunity to have a major advantage in the game".
Old January 16, 2017, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Isam wrote a full article on Shakib. I agree with him on most of the points. Let's not pretend he is not at fault because he's been doing it over and over.
Old January 16, 2017, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Typical Bangladeshi mentality thinking if someone genuinely criticizes one, it must be because of jealousy. Oh please.
Old January 16, 2017, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Typical Bangladeshi mentality thinking if someone genuinely criticizes one, it must be because of jealousy. Oh please.
No, it's only his fans. Not every Bengali
Old January 16, 2017, 11:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Ashwin would have dug in and try to get his team to a respectable score.

I've seen did this a lot of times in 2016
Old January 16, 2017, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Ashwin would have dug in and try to get his team to a respectable score.

I've seen did this a lot of times in 2016
Shakib has more quality than Ashwin, But Ashwin has more cricketing intelligence than Shakib.
Old January 16, 2017, 11:52 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Shakib has more quality than Ashwin, But Ashwin has more cricketing intelligence than Shakib.
I'm a big fan of Shakib but I think by the end of their respective careers, Ashwin might be ahead as a spin-bowling allrounder, at least in test matches. Ashwin is only a little older than Shakib and his performance, with both bat and ball, has been consistently on the rise while Shakib's has been marked by droughts and deluges, a 60+ here a 13 there, a 0 wicket haul here and a 5-wicket haul there. In terms of averages it looks okay but in terms of match-winning performances it's disappointing...
Old January 16, 2017, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I'm a big fan of Shakib but I think by the end of their respective careers, Ashwin might be ahead as a spin-bowling allrounder, at least in test matches. Ashwin is only a little older than Shakib and his performance, with both bat and ball, has been consistently on the rise while Shakib's has been marked by droughts and deluges, a 60+ here a 13 there, a 0 wicket haul here and a 5-wicket haul there. In terms of averages it looks okay but in terms of match-winning performances it's disappointing...
I don't rate Ashwin that much for the fact that he plays on wickets that turn more often than not compared to Shakib. If Shakib played more on similar wickets like of Ashwin his numbers would have been much better, at least very similar to Ashwin. In terms of batting Shakib is better, but Ashwin has really improved. I wouldn't compare their batting.. Shakib in my opinion is superior in that department.
Old January 16, 2017, 12:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
When his money/wealth/Personal life is subliminally injected with that criticism, then YES. Jealousy is indeed involved, but If you are just criticizing him just for his cricket then NO.
Old January 16, 2017, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
When his money/wealth/Personal life is subliminally injected with that criticism, then YES. Jealousy is indeed involved, but If you are just criticizing him just for his cricket then NO.
Post of the week.👍
Old January 16, 2017, 01:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Shakib have to be the Carmelo Anthony of Bangladesh cricket...
Old January 16, 2017, 01:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
No, it's only his fans. Not every Bengali
No it's not only his fans as I, like many others, are also his fan. Infact we are ALL fans of ALL our players, because naturally, we want to see BD doing well.

When a player does well he will be appreciated for it and when he fails, we will criticise him then will forgive him and move on, but what Shakib did last night and has done many times at crucial point in previous matches, is difficult to accept. He deserves all the criticsms he is getting.

It is also ludicrous to accuse anyone of being jealous of Shakib. What a silly statement to make. Why would a fan of BD be jealous of their own players?
Old January 16, 2017, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

What an irony we still couldn't break the Ash curse ... Each and every player of our team is infected with Ash virus. They all are same. Shakib is doing exact same thing as Ash did. Then what's the point of being that useless number 1 alrounder? He clearly doesn't have the technique to play a ball to it's merit then why didn't he work on it in all these years? Regardless of the situation/team/country he plays those same stupid shots over and over again. At least Tamim and Mushy will work on their mistakes (whether they can apply it or not that's a whole different story) But Shakib just thinks he is above everything. Hate that stubbornness in him. His performance is just getting garbage. He is happy and content with some contributing here and there .

Having said all those I would say Shakib's shot alone is not the reason for the downfall. Brainless shot from Momin,Sabbir, Riyad didn't help our cause. Then We had 2 very important batsmen injured. Last but not the least the crappy bowling from the fast bowlers added to the misery.
Old January 16, 2017, 02:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

He is an immature player. Everyone including himself knows that. I still remember that gesture he did during that Sri Lanka series. I think the way he got out was deliberate. All he had to do was block for at least 10 overs or so. Draw was there for the taking. You can tell by his body language he doesn't really care about Bangladesh anymore. His bowling has deteriorated. What's even more sad is that both Imrul and Rahim were injured, yet he still played that horrible shot. Sums up our tour.