facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2006, 02:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Default who do you think will be next to get a place in the national team

bangladesh has shown great improvement in bowling and fielding. but batting is our weakness. i believe that shahadat and rassel has solved our long time problem with fast bowling. masrafee, shahadat and rassel are all very good fast bowlers. rafique, enamul, rana and alok in spin department. this bowling looks strong. but our batting is just bad. who do you think will be the next one to get a place in the national team.
we have some u-19 players like tanim iqbal, shamsu rahman mehrab jr who are good. but the way mushfique performed against srilanka it doesnt look like these kids will get their chance any time soon. our domestic cricket is very weak. which is why when players perform in domestic cricket they dont even earn a place in the a-team list. nazmus sadat has been very consistant. he is scoring runs in every matches. golam rahman had a very good season last year but he has yet to have impressive match this year.
so who do you guys think will be next. i think it should be a batsman because that is our weak department.

Old March 11, 2006, 02:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

bad thread to start. there is no batsman right now who are ready to play for national team. rajin, alok, nafis are better than anyone out there, unfortunately enough. desperately need these U-19 and A-team batsmen make better player by having them play competitive matches against other international team for next year or so and then bring someone in.
Old March 12, 2006, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Alok who else.
he is the savior like faruq during mohinder time
Old March 12, 2006, 07:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab Jr. and some other youngsters have shown thier potential.

I think BCB should insist on having 1-3 prepatration matches with any visiting side in Bangladesh and plaers of this like should be tested in the BCB -11 Squad.
Old March 12, 2006, 11:45 AM
Club Cricketer

yes potential plaers should exposed to more international matches
Old March 12, 2006, 11:53 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

There is a big difference between Under 19 and national levels. At this point, we have only one year to get a good combination for the world cup.

Having said that, it's easier to pick a one day side then a test side. Which gives us the opportunity to try out Tamim, Mehrab Jr, Shamsur. What BCB can do is to set up A team tours against other Strong A teams (India, Pakistan, Australia) before the year ends. This will give us an opportunity to test the mettal (sp) of the young guns as well as well as give Alok, Rokon (I really want to see if he has improved himself), Shanto (some folks really felt strong about his performance in the national league maybe this is his second coming) a chance to get back. I will also include the likes of Nafis Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees, Rajin Saleh, Razzak, and couple mor of the national players in the A team because I think they are getting a free ride at this point. It has been a while since they performed and we have several players on the sidelines eager to replace them.

This will not work if fail to set up matches against strong teams. Halka patla team er shathe khele kichui hobena.

By the way, Dhaka League er ki holo ? The corporate cricket league isn't garnering much interest. Let's not forget that we need a healthy competitive domestic cricket league to duke out some fierce competitors. I personally don't think BCB is doing enough to give that competitive edge to our players.

Every kid in the country (the ones that are interested in cricket) is dreaming to become a world champion, we need to cultivate that dream and give them the proper venue to prepare themselves for the world stage (focus on three day matches for the age groups).
Old March 12, 2006, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Tehsin

Every kid in the country (the ones that are interested in cricket) is dreaming to become a world champion, we need to cultivate that dream and give them the proper venue to prepare themselves for the world stage (focus on three day matches for the age groups).
very well said............
Old March 12, 2006, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

There are no harms in having U19 players in ODI squad. The issue was having them play test matches against world class teams without any First Class experience.

I still want to beleive that Talha Zubair, Anwar Hossain, Tareq Aziz, Mohd. Sharif can return to the squad. We cannot just pick promising players and throw them out of line when they have few matches of bad patch.

From the U19 side, To my mind, considering the linear progression of performance,, Mehrab Hossain jr., Saqib Al hasan, Tamim Iqbal should be tried out when appropriate. Nazmus Sadat is also a contender for ODI debut in the next one year.

Edited on, March 12, 2006, 10:01 PM GMT, by Dhakablues.
Old March 12, 2006, 05:34 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Dhakablues - i agree with you on letting U19s play in one day matches.

I am glad you mentioned Talha Zubair, Anwar Hossain, Tareq Aziz, Mohd. Sharif. These players are prime example of how BCB destroys young talents. While no one has any control over injuries, it's sad how BCB simply forgets about these players after their injury or one or two bad performances. If Masri didn;t have such strong determination, I'm afraid we would have lost him too. That's why I admire him the most. He is an amazing individual.
Old March 12, 2006, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Whoever bats the best against Srilanka A probably will get a chance.

Now, who beats up mediocre people? You do the math.
Old March 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Nazmus Sadat. Our selectors find a flash here and there, and then declares it raging forest fire. So bring on NS.
Old March 12, 2006, 10:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

whoever memorizes this chart, will be our next hero:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indv...ry/240468.html
Old March 12, 2006, 10:47 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

obernell. Good find.

All we need to do now is force our players to live and breathe chart like it's their whole life depended on it.
Old March 12, 2006, 11:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

It seems like we want u-19 players to play in the national team irrespective of the fact that if the national team needs their service or not. In order to give them exposure we should arrange matches in u-19 and A team level, not send them to play even in ODI for national team They must understand that playing for national team is not easy thing and they should earn their place in the team. This understanding is missing in some of the current players in national team now and that's why we see those horrendous shots. Moreover, players like Nazmus Sadat must prove them in domestic/A-team level and score runs consistently at least for two years. (Remember Faisal Hossain?)The tendency of seeing new players does not help, it will screw up our team as we saw in the past.
Old March 13, 2006, 12:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
.......I also think Minhajul Abedin should be appointed as our batting coach. Our batters should try to iron out their technical deficiencies with him during the long break from the game. Hannan should be also called up in a coaching camp to see if Nannu (or whoever else is working with our batters) can fix him.
I really appreciate this idea........I believe we are short of a player like Nannu who, in the middle overs (25-35), was very effective in taking the singles...Bulbul was also very good at taking the chicky singles........I have found in the recent series BD Batsmen showed their inherent inability to take the singles. They cant rotate the strikes in those overs. Rather they relied too much on the risky aerial shots and eventually loosing the wickets in regular intervals.

During the era of Ranatunga and Desilva...........I always heard a word "MILKING THE SINGLES"from the commentators. Dave was the mastermind behind these two SL batsmen. I hope he is trying to do something about BD batsmen to learn more in the MILKING! Nannu would be a good choice for assiting in this case.
Old March 13, 2006, 12:18 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

IS Dav finding it hard to get through to his batsmen ? They are making the same mistakes over and over again, you'd think the coach would sit them down and smack some sense into them. Whatever they are doing, isn't working. It's as simple as that.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Jalal Yunus and Lipu in a channel-i talkshow questioned why Mehrab Jnr.
was not included in the Sri lanka series despite his
performance in U_19 WC and the FC league. Jalal Yunus is mentor for most of the Dhaka based
cricketers for years and is actively involved in premier division cricket. he must think Mehrab jr. is matured
enough to play with the big boys.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Indian A team, pakistani A team, or even SL A team how good are they? I say they can easily draw/win a series with BD national team.

If that is the case, wouldn't it be easier to schedule a series between the U-19 team vs Bd national team than the above 3 mentioned? I'd say go for a 5 game series. This is how I want to expose u-19 team towards higher competition and get Dav Watmore fired.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
whoever memorizes this chart, will be our next hero: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indv...ry/240468.html

What... patience in a test match! Both Dravid and his chela JO, should be banned for bringing cricket into disrepute.

In an era of 400+ ODI scores, how dare they slow down the game just to hold on to their wicket so their team can win. Who cares if the bats at the other end keep falling at regular intervals. They should be pulling everything waist high and hooking every short-ball inches off their eyebrows. And oh.. let's not forget my personal favorite, chasing the ball way wide of the off-stump.

Well cited obernell.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

A player can perform well for a season. But that doesn't make him eligible to play for the national team. I can give you many examples and you guys also know their name. But lets talk about some other players who played well for a season. We all thought they will get into the A team if not national team really soon and then disappeared the next season. Here are some names: Mohammad Shahin, Forhad Reza, Golam Rahman. So the bottom line is, they have to perform well constantly for atleast 2-3 seasons before they can earn a call to national team.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better

anyone can get into BD team just pay a huge amount of bribe and next thing you'll see your pic on the newspaper as a pacer or Akram Khan's cousin which means a world class batsman

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 5:37 PM GMT, by detroitpagla.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Tehsin
obernell. Good find.

All we need to do now is force our players to live and breathe chart like it's their whole life depended on it.
May be make them read the article loudly before they take their meals from here on out. I know some of BC members would say test cricket has changed (look at ashes - result comes in 4 days) but to me its still a game of patience. You learn to draw a match before you think of winning.

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 5:41 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by reinausagi
What... patience in a test match! Both Dravid and his chela JO, should be banned for bringing cricket into disrepute.
Putting Dravid and JO in the same catergory is almost blasphemous. Comparing his and Javed's technique is laughable. Dravid can play every cricket shot, and plays them whenever the opportunity comes. His Test and ODI strike rate is higher than Javed's.

Javed has the highest % of below 20 scores in ODI among our current national team batsmen. He is at best a nightwatchman, although not a very good one. When it comes to flashing and poking at outside off-stump deliveries, he is probably the worst offender among the current BD national team batsmen.

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 5:44 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Nah he is daywatchman.... maybe a newballwatchman... anything but an opener
Old March 14, 2006, 12:48 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I think to explore the potential of our u-19 team and also to find out future players BCB should organize tour match both home and away and u-19 team should be tagged as Bangladesh Academy team for the next 2-3 years