facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2006, 04:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by CricTiger
After following this series closely ,I came to this conclusion that our talented selectors failed to select the right team for any of the ODIs or Tests matches.

This is disturbing me a lot .This is not the way we should select or drop our players.

May be it's time to change our selectors and do something new.
Has been saying it all along...no one paid attention until now! Is there someone to whom this selection committee is accountable to?

Old March 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Rana (25.70) is a bowler who can't bat but averages better than batsmen who have potentials. Where does this puts the potentially sound, technically superior batsmen? Alok (17.69), Aftab (20.86), Ash (24.87), N Iqbal (23.54), S Nafees (19), JO (22.44) ?

Rajin (26.92) should be in if he is in form.

Why do you guys keep excluding stats of Zim? Aftab, Ash, bashar didn't play against Zim?

Well said, Cats_eye. To answer your last question - its the number game - manipulate the way you want! lie, damn lie, and statistics.
Old March 13, 2006, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Rana (25.70) is a bowler who can't bat but averages better than batsmen who have potentials. Where does this puts the potentially sound, technically superior batsmen? Alok (17.69), Aftab (20.86), Ash (24.87), N Iqbal (23.54), S Nafees (19), JO (22.44) ?

Rajin (26.92) should be in if he is in form.

Why do you guys keep excluding stats of Zim? Aftab, Ash, bashar didn't play against Zim?

Edited on, March 13, 2006, 9:28 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Its a common practice in cricket (check cricinfo analyses) to exclude numbers piled up against the minnows in order to judge how a player really was doing. A player could average 25 against 5 teams by scoring between 20 to 30 against all. He can also average 25 by scoring an 80 against Zimbabwe and averaging 5 against the other 4 teams. There is a basic degree of difference here.

This is not the main thing I questioned Sham about. I hope the subject won't get sidetracked from this.

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 9:07 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Reason: why don't I ever proof-read?(spelling)
Old March 14, 2006, 10:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham

and lastly, the more I see Shahriar Nafees bat, the more I think that he needs to see a batting coach and work on his technique. he is uncomfortable against the short ball and has a tendency to drive without any footwork when he is given a bit of width. definitely not good enough for an opener and i'm not sure whether thats good enough for a middle order batsman at this level either! and his two second innings dismissals were shockers! here is another "typical bd batsman who throws away his wicket at first opportunity" in the making!

Edited on, March 10, 2006, 11:54 AM GMT, by Sham.
hmm...ur right...newayz...i hope he'll learn something 4m Langer n hayden that how 2 play Short ball, how 2 dominate on bowlers n how 2 use front foot...okay Shahriar...is dat clear??...try 2 use ur sense man...

btw...i think Shahriar has lost his form n batting sense when he cut off his hair...lolllll

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 3:50 PM GMT, by KaaL-PurusH.