facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 17, 2011, 08:22 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Talking Siddons eyes upward curve

Siddons eyes upward curve

Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons believes his young team could develop into a real force before the ICC World Cup in 2015.

The Australian still has a chance to lead his side to a quarter-final place providing his team can beat South Africa on Saturday and other results fall their way.
Siddons believes his side's promising showing means Bangladeshi cricket is on its way up.

"I think we're two or three years early for this year's World Cup. Maybe the next World Cup these guys will be at their peak, which will be exciting," Siddons said.
"The majority of these guys, I'd think, will get through and stay in the team until then."

"If we go well and get through to the quarter-finals and maybe then play well in that, (then that is a) fantastic effort for this group."

"(They're a) very young group, not inexperienced, but young in terms of development - but they're going really well. (And) I think they're going really well and who knows? We may even make the quarter-finals."

South Africa are one of the form teams in the tournament, having beaten Ireland by 131 runs on Tuesday. Siddons knows the magnitude facing his side.
"They're a very good fielding team, very good batting, especially the top four or five," Siddons said.

"And their bowling, they've got two great quicks, a good all-rounder and a couple of exciting young spinners. But so have we. We've got a very good team, a good balanced team, for our conditions."

17 March 2011 01:30

http://sports.opera.com/cricket/news...language_id=en

Last edited by Zunaid; March 17, 2011 at 09:04 AM..

Old March 17, 2011, 09:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Can we get on a very steep upward curve between now and Saturday? Given the way WI is batting, we'll need that in order to make it into the quarters.
Old March 17, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Still early days. Lets first make it to the QFs then we can judge that.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 17, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

"The majority of these guys, I'd think, will get through and stay in the team until then."

I like this line, stick with same team for the next four years.

I am very much glad that Siddons is looking far ahead, planning for the next world cup in the middle of this one. I hope the BCB tries their best to persuade Siddons in staying with us, raising his salary by at least 200% (triple, i mean). Also, the BCB should stop all the A team, development team, Dhaka league and things like that so that no new player can come into the consideration and distract our sticking with the same side mantra.
Old March 17, 2011, 11:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

it's better to concentrate on present tense than future tense
Old March 17, 2011, 11:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Four more years with Motin? For more years of suffering?

We cannot effort to stick with the same group. We need to bring new blood to address clear weakness...

To state few...

1. Wicket keeping. Where is the alternate?
2. FB allrounder. Nex t world cup is not going to be in Indian Sub-continent.
3. Brittle Middle Order.
4. Bowlers who can slog when needed.
Old March 17, 2011, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yeah agree with him. They will be a much more competitive side once they gain some experience under their belt.
Old March 17, 2011, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Mamu,

These guys are really young. You have to give them some more time. How much? Say, four years...
I have proposed an easy way to do this. Stop all form of cricket in Bangladesh, except the international ones so that no other player can disturb this set of players about their position in the team.

Now that England has won against WI, I am really worried about Siddons' future with us. I want him to take the challenge of beating SA and qualify for the QF like a man, instead of going with the usual 'we have played really well, showed improvement, but how do you expect us to win against the #3 side of the world?' thing.
Old March 17, 2011, 11:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Yeah agree with him. They will be a much more competitive side once they gain some experience under their belt.
but he is saying something different....

Quote:
"(They're a) very young group, not inexperienced, but young in terms of development "
Old March 17, 2011, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
but he is saying something different....
Yeah, that too. I think they're short of experience, but he has a point too - they'll get more matured with age (hopefully).
Old March 17, 2011, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Yeah, that too. I think they're short of experience, but he has a point too - they'll get more matured with age (hopefully).
In that case, let them have some breathing space to get some age. In the mean time, others can play for the team.
Old March 17, 2011, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

We've been hearing this 5-year crap ever since the ICC trophy win. Dreams get renewed every five years. Just man the heck up and beat South Africa already.
Old March 17, 2011, 12:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Mamu,

These guys are really young. You have to give them some more time. How much? Say, four years...
I have proposed an easy way to do this. Stop all form of cricket in Bangladesh, except the international ones so that no other player can disturb this set of players about their position in the team.

Now that England has won against WI, I am really worried about Siddons' future with us. I want him to take the challenge of beating SA and qualify for the QF like a man, instead of going with the usual 'we have played really well, showed improvement, but how do you expect us to win against the #3 side of the world?' thing.
can't believe u r saying this
Old March 17, 2011, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Mamu,

HAHAHAHA
Old March 17, 2011, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
We've been hearing this 5-year crap ever since the ICC trophy win. Dreams get renewed every five years. Just man the heck up and beat South Africa already.
If we beat SA, can we conclude that this guy does not have the vision a head coach should have to properly assess what level his team is at or do we say it was a master ploy by him to secure the win by relieving the team of pressure.
Old March 17, 2011, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Siddons onek foul kotha bole...deflecting the ques...the reporter asked him if BD batting has unperformed..he is like we won three matches so we scored more than other team...proves our batting is fine...wat bs....we made shitty scores and our batting constantly depends on scrappy and slow 20s, 30s and luck to get to low scores...even Ireland batting is more consistent...
Old March 17, 2011, 12:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

According to Bangladesherkhela.com siddons might be gone after WC.

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/ind...editionID=1292
Old March 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default "Even if I am not around for the next World Cup..." J Siddons

Tigers to tweak against Proteas

It will be 'horses for courses' for the Tigers in their last World Cup group B game as head coach Jamie Siddons has said that the South Africa team combination will play a role in the Bangladesh team selection.

Bangladesh have won back-to-back games against England and the Netherlands over the past week, but the think-tank used two different line-ups. Shahriar Nafees and Sohrawardi Shuvo came in to replace Rokibul Hasan and Naeem Islam but while the first was due to form, the latter was to make sure the Dutch right-handed batsmen were given the full left-arm spin treatment.

Siddons said yesterday that the only change in the team will come up when they sit to envisage the opposition's batting line-up.

"They (South Africa) have all-round strength. They have a very good fielding team and a very strong batting line-up. In their bowling, they have two great quicks and some excellent young all-rounders. But so are we, we have got a good balanced team," said Siddons during training at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

"We'll look at their make-up, try and predict what they pick and pick our spinners according to that. Whether we pick two lefties and two righties or three left-arm spinners yet I'm not sure but definitely two fast bowlers and the batting line-up will stay the same," added the Australian coach, who also confirmed that the team won't change if West Indies end up beating England, thus ensuring Bangladesh's quarterfinal qualification.

He said that he would keep an eye on the game at Chennai, promising to party if it goes his team's way. "Definitely I will keep an eye on it. I have a party to go and I'm sure the players will also watch the game. But we need to stay focused for the next game, that's the most important thing," he said.

"If the West Indies win, we will party tonight and focus on the next day. I don't really care how we go through. Everyone is relying on other results in some way or the other, so why not us?"

Siddons also pointed out that the Tigers are slowly becoming a team that has a number of contributors rather than a one-man show but recognised the role that Tamim Iqbal and skipper Shakib Al Hasan has played in the growth of the team.

"I've been saying for a long time now that it is not about Ash, Shakib or Tamim but about overall contributions. People who suggest that we win games because of Shakib and Tamim are now being proven very wrong.

"Imrul Kayes, (Junaed Siddiqui) Imrose are doing well. Shahriar Nafees comes in and makes runs and Shafiul and Rubel are bowling beautifully. I think (Sohrawardi) Shuvo didn't win the accolades but he probably won the match for us last time with his ten overs.

"There's an all-round performance going on here and everyone needs to acknowledge that. It's not just about one or two players but those two players are very important to our success and competing against big teams," said Siddons, who also mentioned the need for this group of players to be continued regardless of his involvement.

"I think we are two or three years early for this World Cup. Maybe in the next World Cup, these guys will be at their peak, which will be exciting.

"I have stuck with them for three years but in the past, new coach meant a new team. Even if I am not around for the next World Cup, the new coach needs to understand that this group will be fantastic in three-four years time," he explained.He also suggested that the Proteas should be worried that the two most important players in his line-up are yet to fire. "Tamim's failing at times and Shakib's not firing but our batting is fine. South Africa may beware that these two are about to fire," he said.

"He (Tamim) got three scores and he got two ducks, these sorts of things happen. He's an opening batter, a lot of the opening batsmen are getting out early. If he does well in the next game, I would say he had a pretty good first round," said Siddons, clearly urging his gun batsman to go for it against Graeme Smith's men.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=178157
Old March 17, 2011, 01:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

I would like to see Siddons and Pont as a batting and bowling coach after WC 2011 for another couple of years. I would like to see Sarwar Imran or Khaled Mahmud as an asst. bowling coach who will learn a lot from Pont and use that experience to our Academy and A team.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

So Siddons is 1) short termed about himself believing BD is a one man team who can't chase totals if Tamim fails and 2) is already establishing credit if we are successful in the 2015 WC. GENIUS.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Cannot agree more. Amen to that. We are all dead in the long run. The time is NOW. JUST DO IT! JUST SAY NO TO LOSING!
Old March 17, 2011, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

Because of Siddons we don’t have under 20 team in every 1 year time . What we saw in the past, after every series we wanted to chop some necks, and that’s why we always have new looked team. If we keep chopping like we used to do we will never have an experienced side. I am sure when Siddons said same team he meant to say not to do any wholesale change. That put tremendous pressure to a player to perform. fficeffice" />

Did we have shafiul 2 yrs ago? Was Rubel playing regularly before?
How many changes do u want in every 6 months/1 yr/2 yr? We always complain we will have another 21 team in 4 years time? Siddons is trying not to have this trend, and we all are complaining.
Old March 17, 2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

I like this line, stick with same team for the next four years.

I am very much glad that Siddons is looking far ahead, planning for the next world cup in the middle of this one. I hope the BCB tries their best to persuade Siddons in staying with us, raising his salary by at least 200% (triple, i mean). Also, the BCB should stop all the A team, development team, Dhaka league and things like that so that no new player can come into the consideration and distract our sticking with the same side mantra.
I hope this is a joke.
Old March 17, 2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

In the year 2015,

"believes his young team could develop into a real force before the ICC World Cup in 2019"
Old March 17, 2011, 03:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
So Siddons is 1) short termed about himself believing BD is a one man team who can't chase totals if Tamim fails and 2) is already establishing credit if we are successful in the 2015 WC. GENIUS.
Taklu Da talks out of both ends of his mouth