facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2005, 01:00 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default WARNING: don\'t let your imagination fly

Since the historic win over mighty australia, our expectation is sky high. We expect another win over england tomorrow. Well, if we get it we'll be the happiest bunch of fans in the world once again. But what if we do not get it? What if Ash hit another duck again? aftab failed to continue his charisma? we stay at the receiving end of an world record? Another 10 wicket defeat or 300 run defeat? What would you do? Be heart broken and blame anyone and everyone? Ask for Sumon's head to Dav's resign?

well, we all know how things goes here when things goes wrong? this time only worse since our expectation is higher. Thats why I say, be realistic and don't let your expectation be sky high, the fall will hurt.

The following things might help you stay realistic:

* We never win against england.
* In this series we have been hopeless against england in every department.
* Our highest score against england is 190.
* Tomorrow is a day night match and if we have to bat 2nd, it will be even worse. Keep in mind how we performed batting 2nd against Canada.
* England's pacers are appearing to be in much better shape than aussies.

well, our list goes on and on. Beside the last match we do not have anything to be hopeful. so,

expect for the best and be prepared for the worst.

Old June 20, 2005, 01:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bro
We are used to disappointment so no need to prepare ourselves for worst. I would rather enjoy the moment fantasizing wining the tournament.
Old June 20, 2005, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

We have a mental block when facing English bowlers. This needs to be removed, tomorrow.
Old June 20, 2005, 01:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The important thing is that our batsmen face the english bowlers with a bit more confidence than the earlier matches. Maybe like the 2nd innings of Test-2.
Old June 20, 2005, 02:30 PM
Street Cricketer

The reason Bangladesh's batsman have mainly failed against England is just down to intimidation. Until last month they'd not really ever faced bowlers like Harmison who can get the ball to rear up off a length at 94mph. Hopefully they've got used to this now and will be able to play with more confidence and patientence.

I would like to see Bangladesh play well but I'm not sure that they will beat England, especially now that Giles is back and we're playing 5 full bowlers. The last test innings showed that they can make some runs but with a tighter ODI field set up I can't see England conceding 300 runs.

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 7:31 PM GMT, by Billy.
Old June 20, 2005, 02:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am flying high. Stop me if you can..............
Old June 20, 2005, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I agree with Billy. England have three of the world's best ten bowlers, two of the best five. Now you add Giles. So its total 40 overs of world's best bowling line up. Its not Philip Defreitas anymore. Its like you are facing Waqar, Wasim, Abdul Qadir and Mcdermott altogether.
Old June 20, 2005, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

We don't need think too much. We have to play our natural game as we did in the last match. How many best bowler's are in the England team doesn't mattter, just need to play without any pressure. I believe our boy's are as confident as the English player's. I believe that Allah almighty has finally listened to our prayer's.
Old June 20, 2005, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Need to win the toss first. We don't want to bat under light against Harmy.
Old June 20, 2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
We have a mental block when facing English bowlers. This needs to be removed, tomorrow.
oracle,
we don't have mental block facing english bowlers. bd batsmen are finding it hard to play against awckward bounce that harmison and flintoff produces. it is not only bd batsmen, the west indian struggled as well. it is not going to be solved overnight. if we can see out the new ball in the 1st 15 overs, bd might get a respectable score.
Old June 20, 2005, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by One World
I am flying high. Stop me if you can..............

I'll get out my fly-swatter....

anyway si think AgentSmith is right. We should not expect a win.... But we can still hope ofr a good performance.

Remember a win is not likely but this shouldnt stop you from wishing for a win... Just dont come to this forum and start blaming everyone after we lose.