facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 17, 2008, 06:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

T_E

We are tight. Right about that. You are the boss of BC. No doubt about that and certainly the guru of College football. What do you think we end up with after today? I am thinking 330+, hopefully..

Old October 17, 2008, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I thought it was brilliant idea to waste balls and make the NZ-ders tired. Even tho I agree that they played little more defensive but I'd take 32 runs 32 overs for 1 wk anyday than 70/80 runs in 32 overs for 4 wks. Keeping wks shud be NO. 1 priority for a team like BD. They need to think to take the game to 5 days constantly and when they do that - ONLY THEN they can think about winning a test.

And also what's with all the prediction. All they need to do is survive till first drinks break. Then next 15 overs (means lunch). Then next drinks break and so on...THEY DONT NEED TO WORRY ABT SCORE - which I think what they r trying to do. So Best of luck for our duo.
Old October 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Prothom-alo described the pre-lunch strategy as from "prosttor joog" or " Stone Age"! ha ha..
Old October 17, 2008, 07:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Asad

There was no heated argument. At least not on my part. Must have missed it as I went to bed after lunch. Let me put it this way, I am pleasantly surprised with Mehrab and Mushy ( not that surprised ) and the way they batted. Test cricket is not all about stonewalling and scoreboard certainly is in play. I don't believe that top four can bat the way they did last night and expect it to work. It almost didn't. All of the players involved that sacrificed their scoring intent ended up not contributing much to the team score. Its the duo of Mehrab and Mushy, who counter attacked, and by that I mean, who showed positive intent, are smiling right now. But, this won't happen all the time. Sometimes you have to score to survive. Leave good balls but punish anything that is bad. Stray on the legs, punish!
i know, but it made the post more colorful.

but i agree, i am all for playing positive cricket which means playing each ball according to its individual merit, which is exactly what junior and mushy did.

however, i also feel its important for our batsman to learn the art of staying glued to the crease...runs will come as ATMR has stated. maybe not rajin, but had tamim not played that ridiculous shot, he could begin to score easily as the bowlers tired.

bottom line is, we have to play to our capabilities and strenghts - no matter how un-exciting it might be. if you don't have any quality pace bowlers, you simply cannot put in anwar hossain, tapash, and mushfiqur rahman babu into your attack just because fast bowling is more exciting.

we have certain batting limitiations and we have to play within that...our approach was mainly damage control in the first half of the day, but it was positive cricket in the latter half as the approach paid of.

i really hope we can reach 350 tomorrow, but i'll be pleased with anything close to 300.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 17, 2008, 08:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Instead of 40 in the first 40 overs or so b4 lunch, it should have been 70/80. Going negative means you can't capitalise on loose balls. But one thing is for sure...if they (TAmim and Ash)didn't last till lunch, then Mushy and mehrab couldn't havee lasted till end of day. batting in a test match is really hard on the first day before lunch due to movement and confidence of bowler+nervousness of batsman. After that its all too easy till about tea of day 3 (oversimplification). Appreciate what they did for us.
Old October 17, 2008, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Instead of 40 in the first 40 overs or so b4 lunch, it should have been 70/80. Going negative means you can't capitalise on loose balls. But one thing is for sure...if they (TAmim and Ash)didn't last till lunch, then Mushy and mehrab couldn't havee lasted till end of day. batting in a test match is really hard on the first day before lunch due to movement and confidence of bowler+nervousness of batsman. After that its all too easy till about tea of day 3 (oversimplification). Appreciate what they did for us.
Exactly. That method was completely flawed. Stupid really. You HAVE to look to score runs. That's the batsman's job - to put runs on the board. Sure you also have to survive - the key to making MORE runs. But you need to looking to make runs in the first place, or else you really have no reason to survive. There are alternative methods to doing so, such as hitting the bad balls, and defending the good ones.