facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2008, 08:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What impressed me most?

1) After getting mauled in the initial overs still didn't lose hope. 47/0 in 8 overs. That is impressive. This can be attributed to self belief of the team. The match wasn't 8 overs a side. The team is maturing.

2) After NZ posting 201, I thought they got the psychological edge. Not getting bogged down on the drop in the last over.

3) Sticking to the game plan. 240 lol. The average in this field is 235+ but less than 240. remember before the game Ash said the bowlers could defend 240.

4) Mushi's promotion and Siddon's faith on him. 1st down has been our problem. Even when we had a decent opening stand the second partnership didn't last for long. that 67 run stand was very essential for the win and confidence on the captain to play his strokes.

5) Team effort on this win. Even Rasel's two catches were crucial. Had Farhad was there .... I am not going there (Flash back Pakistan game where we posted 280+).

Old October 9, 2008, 08:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly, Rafiq, Klusner

^^ India Game...you mean =P
and i love your 1st point...
Old October 9, 2008, 08:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

The most impressive thing about this win would be repeating it AGAIN SOON.......
Old October 9, 2008, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

It was a good strategy... having faith in Junaed paid-off than trying to introduce a newcomer. I appreciate the fact that the team didnt do much changes to the core team and avoided 3 debutants. It was a good win but I want to see our team win with a score chasing more than 280 runs outside subcontinent wicket. But at this moment,,, this is way good, way joyous and definitely much needed. And yes,,, Mushfique once again proved how better of a batsman he is. I am still not sold on Junaed's ascension and Ashraful's realization...
Old October 9, 2008, 08:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Default .....

Check ANYWHERE in BC, I ALWAYS said Mushfiq opening or first down brings out the best in him and solidifies our top order. This is FIRM proof for the SECOND time (March 17, 2007 vs. India was the first)!

The best thing about this win was the team effort!

Rasel will get his rhythm back soon, I have no doubt about it. Shahadat is still a bit too erratic. He is a good 3rd pacer in the team who can bat a little, so his presence is fine I guess, but I would like to try someone else out for once, just to see what happens.

As for Mashrafe and Razzak, need I say anymore? They are simply world class and to me, they rank amongst the top bowlers in the world today! Whenever Mashrfe takes a 4 wicket haul, and Ash scores a fluent 50 alongside it, we win.

Ash is just so exciting but he fails us so much! Thankfully he came good today.

Zunaid has it in him. Most of us know it from that first test in New Zealand back in january last year. But he needs to be a little more sensible like yesterday.

Naeem was superb on debut. Mahmudullah was fine as well.

Tamim miscued it I think.

Other than that, yesterday's performance I think was simply sublime!

Loved the team effort! An absolute classic match for Bangladesh!
Old October 9, 2008, 08:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Partnership
Partnerships - Bangladesh innings Wkt Runs Overs RR Player Player Start End
1st 18 4.1 4.32 Tamim Iqbal Junaid Siddique - 1/18 (4.1)
2nd 67 19.5 3.37 Mushfiqur Rahim Junaid Siddique 1/18 (4.1) 2/85 (23.6)
3rd 109 19.4 5.54 Junaid Siddique Mohammad Ashraful 2/85 (23.6) 3/194 (43.4)

4th 8* 1.5 4.36 Mohammad Ashraful Shakib Al Hasan 3/194 (43.4) 3/202 (45.3)

Running between wicket
16 x 4's and 2 X 6's plus 10 extra = 86 thats only 43 % run from boundary

116 run of 1's 2's and 3's thats 57% from singles
Old October 9, 2008, 09:11 PM
Cricket Legend

determination shown by the whole team.

BC member akabir77 (my brother) was in stadium to see the game. i am very jealous now.
Old October 9, 2008, 09:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BiGZ the next Superstar
Mash the Superman
And Big hug Ash and JS
Old October 9, 2008, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

The partnerships were huge. Its most impressive that we scored more than 100 without losing more than 6 wickets.
Old October 9, 2008, 09:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The Application is what was most impressive, Gives me a lot more Confidence going into the Test Series.

Ash Treating Vettori like a net bowler made me
Old October 9, 2008, 10:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Everything except Mushfik missing RO.
Old October 9, 2008, 11:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

ohh man that was full team effort . ashraful maybe were nice with everybody as a captain.
Old October 10, 2008, 12:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Not sure as why everybody is so excited and praising all players when we win matches. Offcourse, I am delighted. Everyone is praising Ashraful now, good remarks about his captaincy, blah blah. Do u guys remember when all were critical of Ash few days back ? Ash and Mash are world class and so is Aftab. We do miss Aftab, no doubt about it. Someone mentioned that we do not need Aftab at all. Is that ? I am sure if we had lost the match, everyone would mention their name and would beg to bring those guys back. In a given day, Aftab can be as dangerous as Ash. Aftab did a tremendous job for us. We should start learning as how to pay respect to our players. We have to be consistant in our opinions, not like those stupid world street analysts (if the market is bad, they start delivering bad news and vice versa) !

At the end, I do appreciate the way BCB paid farewell to Pilot. I hope that we keep the tradition in the future. We should start paying due respect to our players and to all other professionals who bring fame for our beloved country.
Old October 10, 2008, 12:57 AM

Most impressive about this win - The desire of win the series [in the team].
Old October 10, 2008, 01:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Most impressive about this win - The desire of win the series [in the team].
Bingo.

It has been far too long without a "real" win, but I'm not gonna get carried away this time. Lets win the series first, then I'll consider some serious nachon-kudon ...

I'd say all of our wins against the Top 8 has been pretty comprehensive. Good to the bowlers taking wickets and the Big Z back in action. The day both he and Tamim can click at the same time, would be the day our overall batting will fall in line, InshAllah. Ash continues to be talismanic, and our favorite little Hobbit played responsibly at number 3 during yet another difficult situation, after another early dismissal.

On to series victory. It won't be easy but our Tigers can do it. All they have to do is replicate yesterday's performance. All I have to do is stay away from the match thread ...

Dhiman's gloves will be missed. Screw Alok, Aftab, Mofees and the others, except Rafique who already retired. There wouldn't be a Bangladesh today if all we thought about was narrow self interest, no matter how alluring the prospects seem at the time.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 10, 2008, 01:20 AM
Cricket Savant

BTW ... MAshraZunTam is still here, as is Moyna ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 10, 2008, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_2007
Not sure as why everybody is so excited and praising all players when we win matches. Offcourse, I am delighted. Everyone is praising Ashraful now, good remarks about his captaincy, blah blah. Do u guys remember when all were critical of Ash few days back ? Ash and Mash are world class and so is Aftab. We do miss Aftab, no doubt about it. Someone mentioned that we do not need Aftab at all. Is that ? I am sure if we had lost the match, everyone would mention their name and would beg to bring those guys back. In a given day, Aftab can be as dangerous as Ash. Aftab did a tremendous job for us. We should start learning as how to pay respect to our players. We have to be consistant in our opinions, not like those stupid world street analysts (if the market is bad, they start delivering bad news and vice versa) !

At the end, I do appreciate the way BCB paid farewell to Pilot. I hope that we keep the tradition in the future. We should start paying due respect to our players and to all other professionals who bring fame for our beloved country.
If our players don't pay respect to the fans then why should we respect them? Aftab only left for the money. He had no other reason. We don't owe him any respect whatsoever.

Anyway, I say the fact that the boys won after so much pressure was put on them is the most significant feature of the win. They could've easily crumbled under pressure, but they kept their cool and have really shut the critics up.
Old October 10, 2008, 01:23 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Welcome back Sohel bhai
you can easily stay away from the match thread in 2nd odi by going to the ground with me ...lol
Old October 10, 2008, 01:27 AM
Cricket Guru

What impressed me most was: TEAM EFFORT, SENSIBLE BATTING and MASH's SUPERB BOWING!
Old October 10, 2008, 01:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
What impressed me most was: TEAM EFFORT, SENSIBLE BATTING and MASH's SUPERB BOWING!
How the heck are ya, bhagni? What continues to impress me the most about you is your wisdom and acute observations at such an early age.

MaMu was superb.

Thanks Noc. Got back from the BIG B to watch the BIG Z ...
Old October 10, 2008, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban_loaiza
The most impressive thing about this win would be repeating it AGAIN SOON.......
You have said it all, if it happens this will not only be the most impressive thing of this series but will also be the most impressive thing that has ever happened in Bangladesh Cricket. As Sohel bhai said 'lets win the series first, then I'll consider some serious nachon-kudon'' and the boys must have a target like this. I know in some of their minds it may play that lets play the safe game now and try to score around 200 in the next two match which will save our @$$ for the next few series to come. But with this sort of mentality our cricket will not go anywhere, even if they loose badly in the next two match but has that determination of winning the series than I'll be more than happy. About yesterday's match I don't think any comments is required as everything was impressive about it but for now lets think of showing it once again.
Old October 10, 2008, 02:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knocked_up

Caption:
BBC NEWS: Tamim and Raz...trying to bring back the childhood moments by playing their fav. "HUNDA RASSE"

Tamim: bhummmmm i m gona beat u!!!
Raz: in ur dreams burummm!
Batsman: sigh i wish i had a HUNDA!

That's the funniest pic ever. I can't stop laughing at it.
Old October 10, 2008, 02:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper

awwww this pic is soo cute! Mushy eto choto? Awwly babaly! Tamim still wearing his so called "superman" top !
Old October 10, 2008, 05:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
What impressed me most?

1) After getting mauled in the initial overs still didn't lose hope. 47/0 in 8 overs. That is impressive. This can be attributed to self belief of the team. The match wasn't 8 overs a side. The team is maturing.

2) After NZ posting 201, I thought they got the psychological edge. Not getting bogged down on the drop in the last over.

3) Sticking to the game plan. 240 lol. The average in this field is 235+ but less than 240. remember before the game Ash said the bowlers could defend 240.

4) Mushi's promotion and Siddon's faith on him. 1st down has been our problem. Even when we had a decent opening stand the second partnership didn't last for long. that 67 run stand was very essential for the win and confidence on the captain to play his strokes.

5) Team effort on this win. Even Rasel's two catches were crucial. Had Farhad was there .... I am not going there (Flash back Pakistan game where we posted 280+).
BULLZ Eye....
that should be ur name. cant be put in a better way.
very well analysed.
Old October 10, 2008, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

I wish Mash had more luck on his side. The roller incident sort of was telling considering all
the mishaps he had to go thru in his career. Anyway, i don't think he can repeat this feat so I am banking on a good show from Junaid (due to confidence boost)