facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 19, 2006, 06:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
The game is "Cricket!" and it's ODI!! Anything could happen in a given day!!!?
Exactly mate! exactly!!
who the hell on earth would have thought that we could beat Australia in England??
I bet even the biggest optimist on this planet didnt think of that.

I'd rather be an optimist and have the courage to dream, cuz one day we will turn this dream into reality!
Offcourse we will be broken hearted, but we all been there done that!!
SO, i will keep on dreamng that we can qualify to the next round. after all, it wont cost me anything.

Even though WI looks like in a good form, depends how u look, u can see a big flaw in their batting order.

They certainly have all those "world class" players in the team who are capable of beating anyone, and they just did, beat Australia yesterday. But at the same time, they have also shown us that how fragile thier batsmen are. Seems like they have are also suffering from the same diarrohea crisis like our batsmen. First match against Aus, they lost a game they should have won and n the second one, they nearly crumbled again.

IF we can manage to get Lara, Gayle out for cheap, i wont rule our chances to win the game. They have a pretty ordinary bowling line up and our batsmen ( haire khoda) SHOULD be able to post some runs on the board.

WI is fast becoming very unpredictable team. I can certainly fancy my luck against them.

I would rather watch the game with a HOPE to win the match, rather than expecting a certain lose. Then there is no point supporting my team.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old September 19, 2006, 07:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Seems like many of us trying to get prepared for the worst than hoping for the best.We certainly had our share of frustrations and also surprises.Lets hope for the best.Surprises can come, or better to call it a possibility.We are progrssing...and on a good day with some favour from luck we can make it.We have won matches against SL already.Though we couldn't do that yet against WI, but sooner or later we surely will.Lets hope that will happen in CT.
Old September 19, 2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
ay if you dont have anything constructive to say then pechal parben na. i'm not picking on you either, its a message to all who picks on the 'over optimist' fans. you are doing the exact same sin by being over pessimistic.

seriously...what kind of a respond is a "250 hahahaha". i've seen too many of these around lately. i would understand if we were talking about our chances of scoring 350. if you dont want us to dream for our team, then you dont get to feel sorry for our team either. this board is a representative of our fan base to the outside world. so once again...dont post aula pechal.

i honestly dont know why we complain so much. our team has been on the up for quite a while now. this is a routine process that every young team has to go through. this is the period of growth, of nurturance, when they will stumble and learn (literally in masri's case, i feel like kicking his ***). i mean come on guys, you should know that. cant we cut back on the pessimism just a little bit. no kidding we dont have much of a chance of qualifying to the next round. why? simply because the windies and the lankans are vastly more experienced and established sides. so its kind of monotonous to hear you guys talk about how we dont stand a chance. the beautiful thing is, we do have a chance, however little it may be.

nicely said!
Old September 19, 2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
Exactly mate! exactly!!
who the hell on earth would have thought that we could beat Australia in England??
I bet even the biggest optimist on this planet didnt think of that.

I'd rather be an optimist and have the courage to dream, cuz one day we will turn this dream into reality!
Offcourse we will be broken hearted, but we all been there done that!!
SO, i will keep on dreamng that we can qualify to the next round. after all, it wont cost me anything.

Even though WI looks like in a good form, depends how u look, u can see a big flaw in their batting order.

They certainly have all those "world class" players in the team who are capable of beating anyone, and they just did, beat Australia yesterday. But at the same time, they have also shown us that how fragile thier batsmen are. Seems like they have are also suffering from the same diarrohea crisis like our batsmen. First match against Aus, they lost a game they should have won and n the second one, they nearly crumbled again.

IF we can manage to get Lara, Gayle out for cheap, i wont rule our chances to win the game. They have a pretty ordinary bowling line up and our batsmen ( haire khoda) SHOULD be able to post some runs on the board.

WI is fast becoming very unpredictable team. I can certainly fancy my luck against them.

I would rather watch the game with a HOPE to win the match, rather than expecting a certain lose. Then there is no point supporting my team.

It's a pleasure to read your posts.
Old September 19, 2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Our strategy for this tournament would be get the opponents all out by 130. They we can safely say we would win two games out of three. ( I am waiting for someone to ask me how did I come up with a 130 total)

250 hahahaha!!

Yes, could you please let us know how you came up with a total of 130?! I guess you have some interesting explanation/logic behind it!!
Old September 19, 2006, 10:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
nonsense.

rafique bowled 10 overs against Aussies and gave away 14 runs...as long as they tie things down (the spinners that is)...mash, rajib, rasel (if fit) will pick up the wickets even if they are a bit expensive.

New Page 1

rafiq's states

(6 ball overs)       Mat    O       R   W   BB1    BB2     Ave  Econ    SR 4w 5w

Career               100  843.2  3787  95  5/47   4/33   39.86  4.49  53.2  2  1

Sri lanka 13 100.5 480 15 3/61 2/10 32.00 4.76 40.3 0 0

West Indies 8 69.4 308 2 1/45 1/45 154.00 4.42 209.0 0 0

Zimbabwe              17  165     713  18  4/33   2/24   39.61  4.32  55.0  1  0

Old September 19, 2006, 10:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Yes, could you please let us know how you came up with a total of 130?! I guess you have some interesting explanation/logic behind it!!
Champions Trophy Bd totals: (Chronologically)
-----
Averaging 132

We will beat other teams if we can hold them under 130.
Old September 19, 2006, 10:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

One of us talking about 130, someone else talking like 'it will be a leisure trip for our cricketers, BCB officials'. So, I would like to add - "it's then better not to participate in CT". How do you like this idea?
We blame the players for not having courage and never-say-die approach. They need hard work to get to that level. We the supporters neither need practice nor anything else to get to that level. If our fans have this type of mentality then why we blame our players!! They (players) are doing lot better than us (fans). Fans are losing the games three weeks earlier than the tournament. Bashar remains hopeful at least until the first half of the match.
Another point I would like to mention here before you guys blame the team more. Apart from experience, match practice is another big issue that's causing problem. Probably it's true for any young and rising side. Ponting mentioned that they are not expecting a lot from McGrath as he is out of international level for almost a year. It's almost the same for us. Zim/Ken are no close to international level. Don't blame the players for every unsuccess.
Keep your hope, believe in your team, you'll see the success inshallah. It might not come today, but it is definitely there tomorrow.
Old September 19, 2006, 11:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hoping for an eid day. That all I can say. We can do the unthinkable. Beat a test (WI or SL) team even when they are scorching hot.
Old September 19, 2006, 11:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Bhaizan .... shara jibon to khali hope korte korte gelo... ar pari na ekdom hapayee uthechi... ar koto din... khamakha ... logic bihin hope kora jai?

Have ypu seen how SL and WI is playing recently? Hazar holeyooo Hope magna hote parey... kintu hope-er to laz-shorom ar izzat ache ....
Old September 19, 2006, 12:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
The game is still on. I'll take my chances
Let this be our coming out party. I only worry Chandurpaul. WI may lose to Zim also.

Good win against Aus, west Indies.
bhai ato shoja.....gasay kathol......Gofey tel.... huh?.....
Old September 19, 2006, 12:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yes, I have seen how SL and WI are playing now a days. I don't want to say we should win, I don't want to say we are stronger; what all I wanted to say is, it's not impossible to win against them. We could beat SL not long ago. You may say the team was without Murali, but I would say our team was with JO that time and without Farhad and Sakib. About WI, you have seen how volnurable is their batting line. Other than their top three, our batting line has more depth.
You don't need to get 'MATAL' or drink wine to hope a win.
Old September 19, 2006, 02:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaridpurChicago
You don't need to get 'MATAL' or drink wine to hope a win.
Then what do you need? couple of beers? Or Panta Bhat...or is it Khejuere Rosh?
Old September 19, 2006, 05:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Whatever the human mind can conceive, the human hand can achieve it. This should be enough to provide some food for thought!
Old September 19, 2006, 06:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Well everyone is saying that if we get their frontline batsman cheaply, there is a good chance to win.. thats not true. Even a bowler can make a century against us like Bradshaw, smith, baugh.. they are all capable of batting against us if their top order fails..

And if we have to beat them we must have a full strengh team only to create any chances. Otherwise its same old story again and there is a good chance that we may lose even to zimbabwe..
Old September 19, 2006, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Amer Rosh.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 19, 2006, 09:25 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
french kiss with a beautiful girl
Old September 20, 2006, 12:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik

rafiq's states

(6 ball overs) Mat O R W BB1 BB2 Ave Econ SR 4w 5w

Career 100 843.2 3787 95 5/47 4/33 39.86 4.49 53.2 2 1

Sri lanka 13 100.5 480 15 3/61 2/10 32.00 4.76 40.3 0 0

West Indies 8 69.4 308 2 1/45 1/45 154.00 4.42 209.0 0 0

Zimbabwe 17 165 713 18 4/33 2/24 39.61 4.32 55.0 1 0

impressive research work, sovik bhai.

the average against WI is appalling for someone of rafique's calibre...but at least that econ rate is under 4.5...i'd take a spell of 10-1-45-0 any day if we have 250+ to defend

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 20, 2006, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Well everyone is saying that if we get their frontline batsman cheaply, there is a good chance to win.. thats not true. Even a bowler can make a century against us like Bradshaw, smith, baugh.. they are all capable of batting against us if their top order fails..

And if we have to beat them we must have a full strengh team only to create any chances. Otherwise its same old story again and there is a good chance that we may lose even to zimbabwe..
Please don't forget our Pilot and Rafique both have centuries in their pocket! And I agree with you that Bradshaw, Smith, Baugh...they are all capable of batting against us if their top order fails only if you are the bowler!
Old September 20, 2006, 02:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Let this be our coming out party.
I can just imagine it, Mashrafe comes out the bat wearing a tutu and wielding a wand instead of pads and a bat.
Old September 20, 2006, 03:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Remaining part of the show

So, we have seen only WI top order's batting so far in the DLF cup. Today's match was the 2nd part of WI show in the tournament...........India allout for 162.

So... who still wants to beat the defending Champs?

We still want and will want forever
Old September 20, 2006, 04:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Bhaizan .... shara jibon to khali hope korte korte gelo... ar pari na ekdom hapayee uthechi... ar koto din... khamakha ... logic bihin hope kora jai?

Have ypu seen how SL and WI is playing recently? Hazar holeyooo Hope magna hote parey... kintu hope-er to laz-shorom ar izzat ache ....
Ki r korben bhai? Bangladeshi ra holo emotional dreaming Jati. The word 'dream' is more popular among us rather than 'Plans/Targets/Goals/Strategies'. And who doesn't know that the opposite side of the 'Dream-Coin' is painted with 'Frustration'?

Anyway... to be honest, BD has a very slim chance for upsets in this tournament. But again... it is slim but it is there. The current form of WI or SL should really get the BD gang very serious and should be enough to take off their 'picnic-mood' generated from their so called 'dream'. I don't remember where.. but I wrote in one of my long-posts after the BD-AUS series that BD players have started to take it for granted that they will win some matches against good teams no matter how they play. It's time they start to realize that those sudden wins are called 'flukes' unless you learn the process to make it consistant.
Old September 20, 2006, 06:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

after seeing last 3 matches of windies, i believe we have a fair chance if we can get gayle, chanderpaul, sarwan and lara early. cause rest of them will have problem facing mohammed rafiq and abdur razzak.
Old September 20, 2006, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
So, we have seen only WI top order's batting so far in the DLF cup. Today's match was the 2nd part of WI show in the tournament...........India allout for 162.
.......And they lost the game!!! Encouraging, huh?
Old September 20, 2006, 07:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

If Zimbabwe loses the next match against S Africa, they will also have 33 points; Same as Bangladesh. It will take us a long time to go past West Indies though. But if we keep at it we will have a good position in the points table in about five years.