facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old April 6, 2013, 12:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Hefajat - E - Islam & their demands

Quote:
1. Reinstate the phrase “Absolute trust and faith in the Almighty Allah” in the constitution as one of the fundamental principles of state policy

2. Pass a law providing for capital punishment for maligning Allah, Islam and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and smear campaigns against Muslims

3. Stop all propaganda and “derogatory comments” about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by the “atheist leaders” of the Shahbagh movement, bloggers and other anti-Islamists; arrest them and ensure stern punishment to them

4. Stop attacking, shooting, killing and persecuting the Prophet-loving Islamic scholars, madrasa students and people united by belief in Allah

5. Release all the arrested Islamic scholars and madrasa students

6. Lift restrictions on mosques and remove obstacles to holding religious programmes

7. Declare “Qadianis” non-Muslim and stop their publicity and conspiracies

8. Stop foreign cultural intrusions including free-mixing of men and women and candlelit vigils, and put an end to adultery, injustice, shamelessness, etc in the name of freedom of expression and individual

9. Stop turning Dhaka, the city of mosques, into a city of idols, and stop setting up sculptures at intersections, colleges and universities

10. Scrap anti-Islam women policy and education policy and make Islamic education mandatory from primary to higher secondary levels

11. Stop threatening and intimidating teachers and students of Qawmi madrasas, Islamic scholars, imams and khatibs

12. Stop creating hatred among young generations against the Muslims by misrepresentation of Islamic culture in the media

13. Stop anti-Islam activities by NGOs, evil attempts by Qadianis and conversion by Christian missionaries at Chittagong Hill Tracts and elsewhere in the country
http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...ajats-demands/
Once again the media and the people in power in this country have let us down in a big way. I stated I would not vote for the BNP because of their recent acts, and I now have decided I can't in all good conscience vote for AL either.

Not after they refused to flat out condemn the most insidious demands made by these cavemen, and instead of highlighting those to the masses, decided to try to appease them by arresting so called atheist bloggers.

The same blame goes to the media - who until 48 hours ago didn't ask these cavemen to explain and justify the entirety of their demands.

I understand politics is a dirty game, and people have to make compromises, but look at the demands by these savages? We might as well start a petition to join Pakistan again.

-Wanting Blasphemy laws that rival those in Pakistan
-Again looking towards Pakistan and the Qadiani issue
-stop foreign influence - what Saudi influence isn't foreign?
-demanding a repeal of the female education act
-demanding an end to co-education
-demanding separate work areas for men and women
-demanding Islamic studies be made compulsory
-demanding the end of public mixing of men and women
-demanding the destruction of national symbols.monuments like 'Oporajeyo Bangla'

Last edited by Gladiators; April 6, 2013 at 02:33 AM..

Old April 6, 2013, 12:33 AM
Administrator

I have one demand.

- Put them all behind bars or deport them to Pakistan (better yet Saudi)
Old April 6, 2013, 12:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I have one demand.

- Put them all behind bars or deport them to Pakistan (better yet Saudi)
Hey Saudi Arabia is heading in the wrong direction - they just agreed to make it legal for women to ride bikes as a form of recreation
Old April 6, 2013, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiators
Hey Saudi Arabia is heading in the wrong direction - they just agreed to make it legal for women to ride bikes as a form of recreation
Only for pleasure/exercise, and that, too, under a constant mahram male supervision.
Old April 6, 2013, 01:05 AM
Test Cricketer

They cut their demand 13 to 6 now.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 6, 2013, 01:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riajul
They cut their demand 13 to 6 now.

Which 7 have they dropped? I'm going to take a guess and say the ones that look like the biggest PR disasters?

Bunch of flakes.
Old April 6, 2013, 01:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Which 7 have they dropped? I'm going to take a guess and say the ones that look like the biggest PR disasters?

Bunch of flakes.
dont know but news channel 71 said that some minutes ago.

Old April 6, 2013, 01:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Lol. Ershad has joined with them now.

Old April 6, 2013, 01:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Problem is, if you are going to play fire with fire, be sure not to catch an inferno.
This is exactly what this govt is trying to do.
They have probably ignited something which they should not have.

When the two main political parties have exhausted the general people's patience and tolerance have been stretched beyond its limit, when people are disoriented and seeking for an alternative solution which in desperate times like this can be practically anyone and anything other than the Ha-Kha, when the times are really tough and people tend to turn to God in tough times, it is very easy for these people to appear out of nowhere and act like the Messiah.

Islam has been made the bargaining chip for this time around and I'm afraid the govt has literally done what you call in Bangla, "Khal kete Kumir anse". They have messed up pretty much everything they have put hands upon in last 5 years and its hard to see how they will get out of this mess.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 6, 2013, 01:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:

He would join anyone if he thinks that would earn him some brownie points.
People stopped taking him seriously a long time ago.

He is fun though.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 6, 2013, 01:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

He played the Islam card plenty of times during his rule and specially so right at the end before his fall. BNP is also now providing food and medicine at 22 points along the city for them.

150+ madrassas just in and around Dhaka - so there was always going to be a sea of supporters - regardless of whatever hartal/oborodh/seige etc etc

@Rabz - I don't care if the govt can't tackle this and is brought down by them or anyone else. My issue remains these demands which run counter to what any modern society should want and aim for.
Old April 6, 2013, 02:06 AM
MLC World Series I

Absolutely ridiculous. If they are so hell bent on such preposterous demands to reinstate Islamic law, just ask them to GTFO of the country.

The other day when I was commuting to office, I saw a mother and a kid near Mirpur 10, who looked like they were non-Muslims and just ran at the sight of these Jamaat demonstrations on the street. The fear on their face just to walk on a free street made me go mad.
Old April 6, 2013, 02:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Who is Hefajat e Islam? What rock did they crawl out from under?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 6, 2013, 02:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Who is Hefajat e Islam? What rock did they crawl out from under?
Jamaat-E-Islami. If anyone pretended to believe any other lies - the rally today should provide ample proof. Half the speakers so far have been Jamaat-E-Islami leaders and have been introduced on the dias as such.
Old April 6, 2013, 03:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib,Viru

How dare u say that? They are the protector of Islam in Bangladesh! If u are with them u are a believer and if u r not with them u r an atheist. Bush where are u……………………? Your true brother babungiri is in motijhil . Please come and join in this holy feast. Hefajot jindabad.fficeffice" />
Old April 6, 2013, 03:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_
How dare u say that? They are the protector of Islam in Bangladesh! If u are with them u are a believer and if u r not with them u r an atheist. Bush where are u……………………? Your true brother babungiri is in motijhil . Please come and join in this holy feast. Hefajot jindabad.fficeffice" />
I hope you are being 'sarcastic' !
Old April 6, 2013, 03:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Just saw on ntv. This is huge! It really looks like Iztema fest or something much bigger goin here. So many religious fellows came to motijhil to protest against Atheists.
Old April 6, 2013, 03:47 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

great... just when we thought things couldn't get any worse here comes the taliban
Old April 6, 2013, 03:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Just saw on ntv. This is huge! It really looks like Iztema fest or something much bigger goin here. So many religious fellows came to motijhil to protest against Atheists.
There is an opening post that states clearly why came and it WASN'T to protest against Atheists.
Old April 6, 2013, 03:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
There is an opening post that states clearly why came and it WASN'T to protest against Atheists.
I understand there are allways bullets & numbering in any protest. Dont think any of these peeps can recall that big list of demands anyway; I dont think its possible to pay this many peeps to join in this, unless they are all here for Saving (hifajat) Islam and on sentiment against Atheists.
Old April 6, 2013, 04:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I understand there are allways bullets & numbering in any protest. Dont think any of these peeps can recall that big list of demands anyway; I dont think its possible to pay this many peeps to join in this, unless they are all here for Saving (hifajat) Islam and on sentiment against Atheists.
Who said anything about paying them? As for that many people - you're watching the coverage - 70% of the crowd is madrassa students.

But I don't care about how they came and I'm not questioning their genuineness - all I care about is that they came. In fact I am afraid of these cavemen. And they want to take Bangladesh back a 100 years - you can look at that as 'saving' Islam - I don't.

I think Islam needs to be saved from people like them.
Old April 6, 2013, 04:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

*Rumors via Independent & RTV journos

Rumors that they will call a 96 hour hartal at the end of the rally - BNP will offer support.

Again - only a rumor at the moment.
Old April 6, 2013, 04:30 AM
Administrator

This is the time for the second liberation war. First was for the liberation from foreign dominance. Now, we need to be liberated from within. This is a battle for survival for the soul of the nation. Does Bangladesh regress and become Pakistan 2.0 or does she move forward?
Old April 6, 2013, 04:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
This is the time for the second liberation war. First was for the liberation from foreign dominance. Now, we need to be liberated from within. This is a battle for survival for the soul of the nation. Does Bangladesh regress and become Pakistan 2.0 or does she move forward?
We will regress

The difference is this time there is a distinct lack of unity. Whereas in 71 it was a small number of collaborators, in 2013 that is not the case.

BNP & Jamaat as expected is throwing its weight behind these zealots, so that's 35-40% of the population siding with them and to make it worse, you have AL showing complete and utter cowardice by trying to pacify them.

So, who do those of us, who want to move forward stand behind? Bollam naa, Pakistan-e election cholche - maybe we should hold a referendum and just unite with them again.
Old April 6, 2013, 04:35 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

its in al jazeera's main headline now.
http://www.aljazeera.com/

Its huge. I just hope hefajat's leaders dont say lets walk to shahbag from Shapla chattar now. It will be a massacre. Government security forces wont be able to do anything.
I dont think they are leaving dhaka that soon. Something real bad is about to happen. Dark time ahead.
Closed Thread