facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2010, 07:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Well played Bangladesh

Well played. You won two sessions and the day. Very good bowling. But what impressed me the most was the captaincy. Seems Bangdeshi cricket is finally learning aggression.

Old January 17, 2010, 07:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Thanks Surfer. Let's see if we can keep on going positively till the end of the match.
Old January 17, 2010, 07:10 AM
Test Cricketer

I hope India comes back strongly. But I can tell you that the players will now take Bangladesh just as seriously as they would take Australia. And your players have earned that with a bold and clear statement.
Old January 17, 2010, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Well played. You won two sessions and the day. Very good bowling. But what impressed me the most was the captaincy. Seems Bangdeshi cricket is finally learning aggression.
I think you are absolutely right. Shakib has been just as good as any other top class international captain. Shakib can be bold with the team because the confidence level in the team has gone up!!!
Old January 17, 2010, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Lets see, we havent yet batted! I hope we can put up a good total, dont rate Zahir, Ishant or Sreesanth that much. Our batsmen played well against Roach, Samee etc. I think even that west indian pace attack is on par if not better than the indian attack. Dont know much about Mishra though.
Old January 17, 2010, 07:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
Lets see, we havent yet batted! I hope we can put up a good total, dont rate Zahir, Ishant or Sreesanth that much. Our batsmen played well against Roach, Samee etc. I think even that west indian pace attack is on par if not better than the indian attack. Dont know much about Mishra though.
Did you just call us 'ordinary'?
Old January 17, 2010, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I think that we can win the 1st innings battle with a lead if our batsmen don't play like fails, but in the 2nd innings, India won't underestimate us like today, so it will be hard to repeat the good work twice... quality by Shakib, 25 consecutive overs? One of the longest by a Bangladeshi...

Sharma and Sreesanth are more aggressive bowlers, I'll be interested to see what their style is like with potentially only 250 runs to defend. And please, don't give any wickets to Yuvraj
Old January 17, 2010, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Nope, we don't call people by their names. (let's see if anyone gets this joke)
Old January 17, 2010, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Expect Tendulkar to come out with a clear mind and a clear plan and if the tail enders can give him even a bit of support, he will turn things around.
Old January 17, 2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Not really. India still has the best batting line-up in the world. Game is open to grab....
Old January 17, 2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Expect Tendulkar to come out with a clear mind and a clear plan and if the tail enders can give him even a bit of support, he will turn things around.
I respect Tendulker but he got luck too!

And, tomorrow there might no more...as bag full ...were used up today.
Old January 17, 2010, 07:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Although I am more than content with today's show from the Tigers, I always feel insecure . We will have to wipe out the tail ASAP tomorrow, and then we will have to bat for at least for six sessions to take a lead of 300 runs and have any chance of win. Can we do that? I believe we have got the ability but whether the ability will be transmuted into result is remained to be seen.

Anyway, lets bask into the glory that we have achieved today . After all no 9 is battling against no 1 .
Old January 17, 2010, 07:40 AM

Not yet ready to take 'well played Bangladseh', there should be more to come in remaining days [of this match]. Lets wait till then.

thats really 'smart'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Old January 17, 2010, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

I really liked the way Viru called us 'Ordinary', we badly needed that. Mashrafee is out for injury as is Najmul and Bangladesh's bowling looked really lean in the tri-series. We had fear of failing badly and still we do have that 'fear' but at least today we have done well. Viru did a great favor,he has just made our men angry. Bravo my men!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 17, 2010, 08:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I really liked the way Viru called us 'Ordinary', we badly needed that. Mashrafee is out for injury as is Najmul and Bangladesh's bowling looked really lean in the tri-series. We had fear of failing badly and still we do have that 'fear' but at least today we have done well. Viru did a great favor,he has just made our men angry. Bravo my men!
And with all good respect, two good sessions don't make your team any better. However a sustained performance through out the series definitely will.
Old January 17, 2010, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Bangladesh has to bat well for at least 4 sessions. They did do this against SL attack last january.

i am hoping that they bat sensibly and that there is no batting collapse. I feel very uneasy about this.
Old January 17, 2010, 09:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I feel insecure now...the victory laps by the fans almost makes us Sehwag.

Then again, our players seem to really understnad the game nowadays. They know its not over until the fat lady sings (or Sehwag cries).

Btw, Surfer, thnx for the thread. You must be waiting for things for turning around again for India in a couple of days' time. I'm crossing me fingers that it doesn't.
Old January 17, 2010, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And with all good respect, two good sessions don't make your team any better. However a sustained performance through out the series definitely will.
Dear Surfer, I believe I wasn't arrogant in my post.

I said we had a fear and still have this fear of failing. But at least we conquered our fear only for today.

And definitely two good sessions can't make us better, but it's true that we were better than your team at least for today. At least we are not arrogant like your captain.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 17, 2010, 09:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Cannot stop laughing...good humour..
\"As captain a lot of responsibility falls of Rashid Latif and he committed a serious offence by claiming that (unfair) catch which constitutes unfair play and a level-three offence of ICC code of conduct (offensive and penalties). Therefore, the Pakistani captain shall be banned for five one-day internationals,\" Procter

Last edited by Ibrahim; January 17, 2010 at 09:40 AM..
Old January 17, 2010, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

NO NO NO! Indians must continue their insults. The more they anger us with their demeaning comments the more charged up our players are, as well as the fans. As soon as praise sets in on the boys, we die.

I see Surfer's resorting to petty tactics to ensure an Indian comeback. Shame on you mate.
Old January 17, 2010, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
I think you are absolutely right. Shakib has been just as good as any other top class international captain. Shakib can be bold with the team because the confidence level in the team has gone up!!!
just today in morning session I was cursing him for defensive field placing !
Old January 17, 2010, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

However well Bangladesh has done today, I feel we are a spinner short. One of Rubel or Shafiul could have been dropped and Naeem taken instead.

Between Naeem and Riyad they could bowl some overs to relieve Shakib. It is not everyday that this Indian batting line up will be 213/8.

Tomorrow morning there should be no experimenting. Start with Shahadat and Shakib. This ball has 17 more overs to go. If they are still there , then take the new ball promptly and let Rubel / Shafiul combo have a go. Let's not forget one batsman is Ishant / Shreesanth.

Also, please please let us not make the mistake of Yousuf in Sydney when Pakistan effectively gave batting practice to Hussey by allowing him total freedom. We must attack Tendulkar as well. After all, he got two "lives" today !

But unless, Bangladesh gets 350 [ which our ODI batting shows we can ] all this success today will have been wasted. Tamim has promised patience. Ashraful was patient in the ODI's - hence his success. Riyad comes in at No.8. There is understandable hope amongst Bangladeshi fans tonight ! You never know we might need a 9th batsman - Naeem could have fit the bill. My worry about Naeem is that the selectors and fans will pigeon hole him as a ODI hitter. That would be unfair - he is a good batsman.
Old January 17, 2010, 09:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Dear Surfer, I believe I wasn't arrogant in my post.

I said we had a fear and still have this fear of failing. But at least we conquered our fear only for today.

And definitely two good sessions can't make us better, but it's true that we were better than your team at least for today. At least we are not arrogant like your captain.
There certainly was no arrogance in your post and I did not mean to sound that way. I was just saying that a series long performance from Bangladesh will change opinions world wide.
Old January 17, 2010, 09:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Very true, and he is still learning, very good that he admitted few days ago.
Old January 17, 2010, 09:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
NO NO NO! Indians must continue their insults. The more they anger us with their demeaning comments the more charged up our players are, as well as the fans. As soon as praise sets in on the boys, we die.

I see Surfer's resorting to petty tactics to ensure an Indian comeback. Shame on you mate.
I wish my posts could play any role in the match. But alas, I have no such powers.