facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 20, 2004, 09:05 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default A night to remember

Oh what a night. People who live in US, games starts at 8pm and 2am. that keeps us wake all night. What did we get in return? a 309 and a 441. then......well u all know that. At one place we are in plate league (though AUS's presence imroved the prestige substantially) and on the other hand a threat of follow on. Who knows may be innings defeat. really a night to remember. who knows how long we have continue having shames like these.

Old February 20, 2004, 09:09 PM
Retired BC Admin

Yupe, quite a night! I wouldn't call it a shame though. It's kinda labor pain for a pleasant surprise in days and years to come.
Old February 20, 2004, 09:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Yeah Agent ...prepare for another endless and fruitless (hopefully not) night...
Old February 20, 2004, 09:18 PM
Banned

I think its always a bad omen when two BD teams are playing - they are each competing to shame us more !!
Old February 20, 2004, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Oh what a night. People who live in US, games starts at 8pm and 2am. that keeps us wake all night. What did we get in return? a 309 and a 441. then......well u all know that. At one place we are in plate league (though AUS's presence imroved the prestige substantially) and on the other hand a threat of follow on. Who knows may be innings defeat. really a night to remember. who knows how long we have continue having shames like these.
Dear 007, as a north American Bangladesh-cricket fan, you probably know we have been through many such nights in the past....
Old February 20, 2004, 09:39 PM

Default i know billah

thanks billah.
just one comment, i used to be 007. not anymore but the email address still exist. but now i'm agent smith.
I know how many nights. I'm wondering how many more to come. and the worst thing is, we know this could happen. but can't accept it. again and again we build up new hope and get disappointed again and again. its endless....... hope chanaman is right. but wonder how long it could take for the child to grow up. in our lifetime?
Old February 20, 2004, 10:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Man lets not talk about it anymore. My heart is already broken and I'm an adolescent, not as matured as many of you guys. So, if you guys talk like that then what would happen to me?

Whatever happend last night just forget it (although I know its been very hard on us, fans) and look into the future. Inshallah we gonna be amongst the top cricketing nations in next 10-15 years to come.
Old February 20, 2004, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
thanks billah.
just one comment, i used to be 007. not anymore but the email address still exist. but now i'm agent smith.
My humblest apologies, agent Smith. By the way, I think China bhai is saying that the child isn't even born yet. Labor pain, then the pain of delivery, then the growing up begins. Oh, my.. many more nights it seems.
Old February 20, 2004, 10:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ehsan
Man lets not talk about it anymore. My heart is already broken and I'm an adolescent, not as matured as many of you guys. So, if you guys talk like that then what would happen to me?

Whatever happend last night just forget it (although I know its been very hard on us, fans) and look into the future. Inshallah we gonna be amongst the top cricketing nations in next 10-15 years to come.
15 years? I wish we would be able to keep our faith till that. Unless it is too long time for an improvement, what if other teams like Kenya, Nepal,Canada surpass us in that time? Hope not.
Old February 20, 2004, 10:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Default they already surpassed us

Kenya and Canada already surpassed in one day internationals
Old February 20, 2004, 10:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO
Default Our players are thin and weak.

If kenya was given test status instead of us, they would have become a respectable team by now.

But it was BD that was given the chance, and look at us now, we have improved only a fraction of what were expected.

no one seems to notice that BD has to not only improve but improve more than any other team to catch up. Its as simple as that.
Old February 20, 2004, 10:51 PM
Banned

For the record, we are among the top cricketing nations in the world. The difference in strength between us and the next lower ranked countries is formidable.
Old February 20, 2004, 10:55 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by kkakash
Our players are thin and weak.
Not agreed. Being thin or physically weak has very little to do with winning. On the other hand being physically fit (thin or thick) is the key to good playing abilities. Bangladeshi players only recently paying any attention to maintaining good fitness level.

I also don't agree that if Kenya was given test status they would have done some miracle. The truth of the fact is Kenya is still relying on its pool of 30 or so players. How long can they go is another debate. But the fact is Bangladesh is way ahead of Kenya in cricketing structure and abilities. There is no question about that. If anyone is arguing, they are just kidding themselves. Only thing we lack is proving ourselve on the field. That proof may come any day now.
Old February 20, 2004, 10:56 PM
Banned

The fact "We don't have a win yet" is somewhat insignificant in context of the larger picture. We have a good infrastructure, world-class facilities, a great fan base, sponsors, equipments, a huge up & coming player base, training programs & local cricket. Kenya has very little or none of the above. Namibia, Nepal, Canada, UAE and others are far behind Bangladesh.
Old February 20, 2004, 11:17 PM

Default I\'m hungry

I'm hungry. I'm hungry for a win. only logics can't feed me. I need a win to overcome hunger. and without result, what is the point of being good. i'd rather be bad and win than to be good and be defeated all the time. may be kenya is bad, and no doubt they have only 30 players, but that 30 players was good enough to go to world cup semi. i'd happily exchange that 30 players of kenya with the 30thousand of ours.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by AgentSmith]
Old February 21, 2004, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

ji bhai,
joto jai hok ebong kagoje kolome joto jai lekha hok shob sheshe kintu manush jeta prottasha kore sheta kintu joi. tobe amra asha korbo amra shighri shai joi peye jabo. well previously someone has mentioned about infrastructure but i am actually not that convinced because if the infrastructure was evenly made and distributed around the whole country then players from all districts would have actually come up. not only from some certain areas from the country such as dhaka and near by places of dhaka chittagong sylet and barisal. but this is not the whole country. there is a huge population in the northern part of the country. but i dont see anyone coming up from there. well i am not criticizing dhaka and sylet or chittagong. credits should always be given to them because they can create skilled players. but what i am trying to say is that there is more to be done.