facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2008, 03:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Couple of counter thoughts...

3. After 5-6 months the news would have hardly received any local media coverage, let alone international coverage. BCB people would have brushed it aside in smiling face. Now due to international and local coverage, they are under pressure and people in charge of selection/BCB will think twice to do similar things again as it can result in embarrassment in future.
Agree to disagree with you sir. Media waits for juicy stories (stories are only stories, spoken by someone, facts have evidence or already proven) like this. BCB would not have any power to react to the accusations then. Now, they can show-cause and penalise and say, "see, he lied, he has no evidence. All our moves were justifiable." - even if the accusation was true.

Old March 6, 2008, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Even if injustice is done, its done 7/8 years ago. As few people claims it may be well known for a while. So what Rafiq is achieving then (unless he have further evidence to prove)? As fas as I know, the current selectors may have done some mistakes, but based on my limited knowledge, so far they haven't targeted any plkayer based on party affiliation. Neither did the previous Faruk's team. So what we are acheiving here by thrying to embarass the current selectors ... if that is the goal here?

Looks like trying to score a point at the cost of spoiling his farewell party. If that is the goal, then obviously he achieved it.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

রফিক অনেকটা আবেগি মানুষ। সে তার আবেগকে কাবু করতে পারে নাই। সে নিশ্চই অনেক দুঃখ কষ্ট নিয়ে অবসরে গিয়েছে। প্রেস কনফারেন্সে রফিক জাই বলুন সেটা কি বিসিবি আগে থেকে জানত না? ১০০ উইকেট পাওয়াতে রফিক লাইমলাইটে ছিল। বেদেশী সংবাদ মাধ্যমেও। এখন তার কথায় জেভাবে প্রতিক্রিয়া হয়েছে দুই তিন মাস পড়ে বললে তেমনটি হত না। বিদেশে দেখি খেলোয়ারেরা মুখ খুলতে টাকা পয়সা নেয়, কোন গরম কিছু রীতিমত চ্যালেলের সংবাদে বিক্রি করা হয়। বা বই লিখে বাড়তি অর্থ কামাই করার চিন্তা থাকে। কোড় অফ কন্ডাক্ট রফিক খুব ভালো করেই জানত। রফিকের প্রাপ্ত সম্মানটুকু বিসিবি দেয় নি। এখন কারন দর্শানো নটিশের নাটক করা হচ্ছে।
Old March 6, 2008, 03:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
That's the worst lie in the history of Bangladesh cricket, it was very expensive too.
can u dig any major media outcry during that time for rafiq being left out so long.

nd that was the time when public out cry did seems to take toll.

haba got into the test team by public demand.

nannu got into the wc squad by public demand.

im not saying haq sr was better than rafiq.

its just that on paper there was very little to choose between.

but, rafiq proved that it was a mistake not to pick him later when he got the opportunity. but, that was later. think of it without being emotional.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

1. Has Rafique made the alegations in a press conference? or in a one to one interview?
2. Who took the interview and published it? was it Miraz?
3. Is there any scope/possibility of Rafiq denying that he said anything like that? or say that he has been misquoted or misunderstood?

Anyway, Rafiq has faced these types of troubles many times and must be experienced quiet a lot, to deal with it.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:39 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Well, I still think players who are like Rafique, hard working and came from simple background and have no influence in BCB, have to work twice or thrice to earn a national call.

Look at Farhad Reza, he deserves a place in the Test team, but I don't know what else he should do to seal a Test spot!!

Same happened to Manjural Islam Rana, Ehsanul Haque Shezan, and you can add couple of names with that easily.

These leaves a feeling that some deserving players are sitting out while some other players who have good connections are enjoying national spot quite easily.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:41 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

dash, I am not sitting with the archives of national newspapers, anyone who followed cricket for quite some time knows about the media outcry to include Rafique in the Test team.

It wasn't an innocent mistake.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

So you guys are saying that you are surprised by this 'show cause' notice? Isn't it the obvious move by the BCB?

Actually I was expecting much worst step by BCB, and thanks GOD that never happend. That is dropping Rafiq at the last moment (2nd TEST) as a punishment. Remember its A Marshall Law here in Bangladesh.... and an Army is in top of BCB..... you break the law, you get 'Uttom Modhom' .... Have you seen Ash and Siddon's face when Rafiq was talking?

It could have been much worst. And thanks God it didn't.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

This is what Rafique said after he got the notice:

"ঘটনার ৭দিন পর আমাকে এমন শোকজ পাঠানোর কারণ আমি বুঝতে পারছি না। আমি এখন বোর্ডের কেও নই। আমি অবসর নিয়েছি। বোর্ড আমাকে এই মুহুর্তে এমন চিঠি দিতে পারে না। আমি এখন থিক করেছি শোকজের জবাব দিবনা।"

আমি তো কারো নাম উল্লেখ করিনি। আমার সাথে কে কি করেছে, বেশি কিছু করলে এবার সে নামগুলোও বলে দেব।"

সমকাল

Last edited by Murad; March 6, 2008 at 03:53 PM..
Old March 6, 2008, 03:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
dash, I am not sitting with the archives of national newspapers, anyone who followed cricket for quite some time knows about the media outcry to include Rafique in the Test team.

It wasn't an innocent mistake.
my friend, what i meant to say there was not any huge media outcry.
i love rafiq what he has done nd i do share ur pain thinking what he could have achieved if he had played those tests he missed. i agree with u that he may be subjected to politics.
but, if u go back then nd forget the future it was possible to do the politics because at that point of time picking enamul sr over rafiq waz not irrational
Old March 6, 2008, 03:50 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Actually I was expecting much worst step by BCB, and thanks GOD that never happend. That is dropping Rafiq at the last moment as a punishment. Remember its A Marshakll Law here in Bangladesh.... and an Army is in top of BCB..... you break the law, you get 'Uttom Modhom' from DHGI. Have you seen Ash and Siddon's face when Rafiq was talking?
It could have been much worst. And thanks God it didn't.
Huh! so Rafique should be grateful to the administrators!!

Lucky Rafique didn't get beaten by Army!!!

If that's the reaction from some Fans, I have to say that BCB's action deserves applaud from everywhere. take a bow BCB.

Speechless!!
Old March 6, 2008, 03:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
This is what Rafique said after he got the notice:

আমি তো কারো নাম উল্লেখ করিনি। আমার সঙ্ঘে কে কি করেছে, বেশি কিছু করলে এবার সে নামগুলোও বলে দেব।"

সমকাল
Go Boy... tell us Rafiq ... tell us....Give us the Name !!!! Thats what I was waiting for last three days. specific name as a first step.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Go Boy... tell us Rafiq ... tell us....Give us the Name !!!! Thats what I was waiting for last three days. specific name as a first step.
everybody knows
it naimur the then skipper who didnt like him
Old March 6, 2008, 03:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Huh! so Rafique should be grateful to the administrators!!

Speechless!!
I cannot speak for Rafiq or what you should do. I can speak only for my self. And thats what I did.

As for me, I am happy that (dropping Rafiq from 2nd TEST) didn't happened.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
can u dig any major media outcry during that time for rafiq being left out so long.

nd that was the time when public out cry did seems to take toll.

haba got into the test team by public demand.

nannu got into the wc squad by public demand.

im not saying haq sr was better than rafiq.

its just that on paper there was very little to choose between.

but, rafiq proved that it was a mistake not to pick him later when he got the opportunity. but, that was later. think of it without being emotional.
there was some media outcry but not much. yes i agree with you that before the England World Cup There was huge Media Outcry for Minhajul Abedin. because ODI World cup is a big thing. first time ever Bangladesh was playing in the World Cup. and Nannu was very popular player in 90s. and the time he was the Best Bangladeshi Batsman ( Technically).

Now , with Rafique there is a problem. He is a Bowler. being a bowler in our country is a curse. they never get the limelight like Batsman. just compare in India. how much media attention Sachin, Rahul Dravid, Dhoni, Verendra Sawag or Saurav Ganguly get compare to any bowler ever play for India in last 18 or 20 years.

Now one more very important point, Both Enamul Haq and Rafique is a Slow left-arm orthodox bowler. there is no point playing two same kind of left-arm orthodox
bowler. no variation in Bowling style between this two. Enamul fail match after match but sill our WISE! selector and captain Naimur opted for Enamul for some fishy reason. they did not betray with a Legend they betray with the country.
Old March 6, 2008, 03:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
everybody knows
it naimur the then skipper who didnt like him
It need to be on the table. Only then discussion can happen.

IF you read the other thread lot of names were tossed around ....as if to see which one sticks and which one falls.....from Saber, to the team manager (the ex aprmy officer) , to Rumi, to Lipu....to Akram .. to naimur to Bobby , to "some other" to who know what...

I even predicted curator Belal as the culprit
Old March 6, 2008, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Hey man shabdan..

Belal ke niye kotha bolle kintu porinam valo hoibo na..

Ashraful ke Shotorkobani
Old March 6, 2008, 04:03 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Hey man shabdan..

Belal ke niye kotha bolle kintu porinam valo hoibo na..

Ashraful ke Shotorkobani
Please don't call incompetent people as incompetent!! at least they have some influence and very important "man somman".
Old March 6, 2008, 04:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
there was some media outcry but not much. yes i agree with you that before the England World Cup There was huge Media Outcry for Minhajul Abedin. because ODI World cup is a big thing. first time ever Bangladesh was playing in the World Cup. and Nannu was very popular player in 90s. and the time he was the Best Bangladeshi Batsman ( Technically).

Now , with Rafique there is a problem. He is a Bowler. being a bowler in our country is a curse. they never get the limelight like Batsman. just compare in India. how much media attention Sachin, Rahul Dravid, Dhoni, Verendra Sawag or Saurav Ganguly get compare to any bowler ever play for India in last 18 or 20 years.

Now one more very important point, Both Enamul Haq and Rafique is a Slow left-arm orthodox bowler. there is no point playing two same kind of left-arm orthodox
bowler. no variation in Bowling style between this two. Enamul fail match after match but sill our WISE! selector and captain Naimur opted for Enamul for some fishy reason. they did not betray with a Legend they betray with the country.
yes i agree with u. batsman here r born with silver spoon.
yes, i agree naimur acted fishy.

but, i wont say enamul was totally flop. if u compare stats with enamuls stats now that wont give u the answer.

look at the numbers of over enamul bowled in each test matches. im not saying rafiq couldnt have done it.

but, at that point rafiq being a flater bowler rather than enamul who was flighter enabled the captain to keep out a guy who he doesn't like out of the team without much noise. in real world people (some skippers) r selfish. if possible imran khan would have kicked javed miandad out of the team.
Old March 6, 2008, 04:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
It need to be on the table. Only then discussion can happen.

IF you read the other thread lot of names were tossed around ....as if to see which one sticks and which one falls.....from Saber, to the team manager (the ex aprmy officer) , to Rumi, to Lipu....to Akram .. to naimur to Bobby , to "some other" to who know what...

todonto komitee hoa uchit

belal er tokhan kar bhumika ki chillo
Old March 6, 2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
As I thought before, he was asked to prove his allegations. He did break the code of conduct, however the show-cause was issued to prove his complaints as the daily star reports.

The punishment part sounds a bit harsh. But I guess rules are rules. Rafique should have kept quiet atleast till next 2 months. I feel the board would not go as far as punishment, they are just trying to prove they are "innocent".
Ehsan Bhai...agree with you. Though, shouldn't BCB give Rafiq some more time to answer the show-cause? It's just 48 hours!!?
Old March 6, 2008, 04:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Ehsan Bhai...agree with you. Though, shouldn't BCB give Rafiq some more time to answer the show-cause? It's just 48 hours!!?
48 hours is good enough time to contact a lawyer and writeup some mumbo-jambo.
Old March 6, 2008, 04:41 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

ইত্তেফাক থেকে..

ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের শোকজ পেয়ে অবাক রফিক জানিয়েছেন, ‘আমি ভাবতেই পারিনি এমন চিঠি পাব। এখন আমি বিসিবি’র চুক্তিবদ্ধ ক্রিকেটার নই। তাই জবাব দিতে বাধ্য নই।’ প্রকারন্তরে জবাব না দেয়ার সিদ্ধান্তের কথা জানিয়েছেন রফিক। তিনি জবাব না দিলে তখন তার বিরুদ্ধে শাস্তির কথা ভাববে বোর্ড। এমনটাই জানিয়েছেন ক্রিকেট অপারেশনস কটিরি চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু। তিনি বলেন, ‘রফিক এখন চুক্তিবদ্ধ ক্রিকেটার না হলেও যখন এই মন্তব্য বলেছেন তখন তিনি কন্ট্রাক্টে ছিলেন। চুক্তির অধীনে থাকা অবস্থায় তিনি এ রকম কথা বলতে পারেন না।’ জবাব না দিলে সে ক্ষেত্রে বিসিবি’র করণীয় কি হবে? এ প্রশ্নের জবাবে লিপু বলেন, ‘এখানে ছাড় দেয়ার কোন সুযোগ নেই। জবাব দিলে হয়ত শুধুই ম্যাচ ফি কেটে শাস্তির ব্যবস্থা করা যেত। তবে উত্তর না দিলে আরও কঠিন কিছু হতে পারে সে আভাষও দিয়েছেন তিনি। তখন বিবিসির সবাই মিলে সিদ্ধান্ত নেবে।’ এত দেরিতে রফিককে চিঠি দেয়ার কারণ হিসেবে লিপু বলেন, ‘তখন এ চিঠি দিলে পারফরম্যান্সে প্রভাব পড়তে পারত। তাই টেস্ট শেষে চিঠি দেয়া হয়েছে।’
Old March 6, 2008, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

But when Rafique made those comments Rafique was a contracted player of the BCB..so he did breach the contract
Old March 6, 2008, 04:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
It's not about asking Rafiq to prove his accusations, the legal notice is served because he breached the code of conduct as he spoke to the media and criticized BCB.
BCB is not going to prove or disprove anything, it's only the breach of code of conduct which is the subject here, not the accusations made by Rafique.
Ki Miraz bhai, care to retract your comments? Show-cause is asking why one has made those comments, not why he or she violated the rule (company policy or such).
Daily star reports:
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=26458
Quote:
..."By making unproven allegations against board officials, Rafique has broken the code of conduct. If he fails to prove the complaints, the board could punish him," said board member and cricket operations committee chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu yesterday...