facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 13, 2018, 07:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Ppl can't change behavior ..extremely hard ... you are just genetically made and then brought up in an environment that create you ...
This is an absolute BULL SH!T.

Human are the most adaptable creature.
+++
Plus if you put your mind to it you can achieve it. The negativity, the mentality of "I can't do it" drags you down. Are you going to lay down in your bed while your house is in fire? The laziest person will try to drag them selves out - unless they want to die in there.

So establish your prayer.

Old January 13, 2018, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

+++
Plus if you put your mind to it you can achieve it. The negativity, the mentality of "I can't do it" drags you down. Are you going to lay down in your bed while your house is in fire? The laziest person will try to drag them selves out - unless they want to die in there.

So establish your prayer.
i agree. It is bullocks to say ppl cant change behaviour. I have convert friends who had a life of partying, doing drugs and getting with girls and Alhamdullilah right now they are so into the Deen that you would have never guessed that they are converts.
Old January 13, 2018, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

+++
Plus if you put your mind to it you can achieve it. .
adaptibility and changing your behavior are two different things. for most ppl change is hard. read my post again. both words were used. "if you put your mind you can achieve anything" sounds all great but it's not true. if i put my mind into it, i wouldn't be able to swim against phleps. at most i can learn how to swim and beat my neighbor. everyone has physical and intellectual limits.

Quote:
I have convert friends who had a life of partying, doing drugs and getting with girls and Alhamdullilah right now they are so into the Deen that you would have never guessed that they are converts.
yeah everyone "changes" after getting dumped or having a major life events.. a reactionary step. you can't teach someone all of a sudden to become a likeable leader after reading a book when he didn't have it in him to begin with. That was the point i been trying to say all along.. inspirational talk is a billion dollar business - it makes you feel good... given you mental well being - that's great if thats all you seek.

it's a big thing in jail to convert to islam... All the criminals are drawn to it unfortunately. Tell your converts friends to follow their original religion they were born into - they can all be beautiful. Sorry to be blunt. Drugs ---> converts are the norm rather than exceptiohn.
Old January 13, 2018, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque

If you can make goals your dream, then you will be happy in the present and happy in the future. However, I have come across enough different personalities in my life to know that people are different and they believe what they want to believe. I do not judge (or at least I try not to) in what makes them happy. I know many people whose motivation to grind daily came to a halt when they found marijuana or alcohol. Which is why I said in my earlier post the point about moderation. The middle path, as Buddhism teaches. I think it's absolutely KEY. Not too much or too little of something. You will enjoy more actually if you only do it sometimes, BUT if you make it your purpose for existence, then you will be consumed by it. Same with goals. It's good, be ambitious, have goals, but take a step back once in a while and just focus on breathing and separating yourself from your ego.
well put mr rapper. i like your thinking regarding this. And i like the fact that you actually do things that you preach regarding this or atleast that's my observation. could be wrong
Old January 13, 2018, 11:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

One don't change behavior just by reading a book. It has to come from within, his/her belief. If an unfriendly manager's belief system is changed (whatever incentive is responsible), he/she WILL change and become friendly overnight. That is something he can control. If the upper mgmt says this would be your last day if you don't change and you will lose all benefits, if he/she cares for his family enough, he/she will change overnight.

Phelps, bolts are anomaly. Not the norm. 5'8" me can't dunk, will not be able to dunk on a normal 10 feet basket. There was an NBA dunk champ who stood 5'7" beating Human highlight D Wilkins. So I can't be Spud Webb. However, I can change my behavior towards some groups if the right motivation is there or someone can change my belief system with correct logic.
Old January 14, 2018, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

In the past, we believed in divine beings and that the world turned according to a master plan. This “script” gave life meaning, but it also limited our power to act. That’s why we accepted that disasters like famine were due to God’s will. Our only response was to pray, instead of investigating further.
Now we have rejected the idea that such a script exists. We know that famine is caused by a series of interrelated and measurable events.

Book or not decisions are merely biochemical processes in the brain. A physiology professional should know better. These processes are no more the product of free will than digestion or hair growth. When we send signals to specific parts of a rat's brain through implanted electrodes, we can make decisions on its behalf. We can tell it to turn left or right, or even jump from a height it wouldn’t normally attempt. Free will is a mere illusion.

Just depending on your right brain will not take you anywhere. Similarly incomplete information in left brain helps you cultivate a cult. You need books or proper information in the form of different media to take proper decision. There is a reason why self improvement is a multi-million dollar business. Similarly higher education or adding few extra inches. Everything has their pros and cons. And again people still goes to library in the age of wi-fi. Brain is powerful, instead keeping it idle use it. Make it a workshop of joy and happiness.