facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 26, 2008, 04:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default first pakistan, now syria

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7692153.stm

at this rate, bangladesh might be hit by 2010...jeez

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 26, 2008, 10:39 PM
Banned

You don't understand, silly....

The White House team is just showing Sarah Palin examples of the application of the Bush Doctrine. You know she was not familiar with it very much. What better than to show her the exact application of this divine dogma?

It's just to prepare her for carrying on Dick Cheney's big task as VP, come next year.

Last edited by billah; October 27, 2008 at 01:13 AM..
Old October 27, 2008, 12:31 AM
Cricket Legend

y bangladesh????
Syria is listed as a terrorist state by US and elements in Pakistan has provided shelters to Al Qaeda....
Now Bangladesh doesnt qualify for either of the above...
Old October 27, 2008, 01:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego
y bangladesh????
Syria is listed as a terrorist state by us and elements in pakistan has provided shelters to al qaeda....
Now bangladesh doesnt qualify for either of the above...
কিন্তু কোয়ালিফাই করাইতে কতদিন? এখানে তো ওই বাগ্ধারার প্রয়োগ হচ্ছে, "জোড় যার মুল্লুক তার"
Old October 27, 2008, 04:13 AM
Test Cricketer

what is going on in Syria, Iraq or somalia...that is not our concern......amra khub beshi matha ghamai shobkichute......
we have so many internal problems in Bangladesh....we haven't reached on that level yet to remark on foreign problems.
Old October 27, 2008, 04:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

This thread is reminding me of the "goru" thread by Auntu bhai.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 27, 2008, 05:03 AM
Cricket Legend

I personally feel the current approach by Bangladesh is perfect (towards USA).

i.e. maintain positive relations without offering to sell our soul (like Poland or Georgia)......

However, only time will tell whether USA ever gets too interested in us, and its rarely a good sign for USA to be too interested in a country.
Old October 27, 2008, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

This is where we must learn from the mistakes Pakistan made. The government must get control over the countless madrashas right away. They must have certain conditions before issuing licences to madrashas. Like it or not madrasshas are the breeding ground for terrorists. I am not saying that everyone who attends madrashas are radical terrorists. But atleast 90% of terrorists are bred in madrashas. I am in favour of having every child in Bangladesh attending a secular school and then if they want they can go to madrasha to study Islam in their own time.

Though the problem of insurgency is not as bad as it was in 2003/04 (when BNP-Jamaat were at their peak), we must continue to address this problem and oversee that we don't go to a stage where Pakistan is right now.
Old October 27, 2008, 05:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabz
this thread is reminding me of the "goru" thread by auntu bhai.
ক্যান ক্যান? মনে হয় ক্যান?
Old October 27, 2008, 09:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

You know how you started your thread with Goru, then sort of talked about pretty much from river, global warming, politicians and the whole world in between.

Same here.
US bombs syria, all of a sudden we could be next!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 27, 2008, 11:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
y bangladesh????
Syria is listed as a terrorist state by US and elements in Pakistan has provided shelters to Al Qaeda....
Now Bangladesh doesnt qualify for either of the above...
i pray that bangladesh never find itself in that position...but there are greater chances of it happening than not.

its true bangladesh is not next to a hotspot or has nukes like pakistan, thats the good news.

but with 150 million potential terrorists, a strategic base to check china with, the bridge between the subcontinent and indo-china (can't expect the indians to please USA all the time with their power growing and america's diminishing), there lots of bleak factors remaining.

of course, should mccain win next week, he may be the one to finish W's task of destroying america inside one term. in which case, bangladeshis need not worry.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 27, 2008, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
This is where we must learn from the mistakes Pakistan made. The government must get control over the countless madrashas right away. They must have certain conditions before issuing licences to madrashas. Like it or not madrasshas are the breeding ground for terrorists. I am not saying that everyone who attends madrashas are radical terrorists. But atleast 90% of terrorists are bred in madrashas. I am in favour of having every child in Bangladesh attending a secular school and then if they want they can go to madrasha to study Islam in their own time.

Though the problem of insurgency is not as bad as it was in 2003/04 (when BNP-Jamaat were at their peak), we must continue to address this problem and oversee that we don't go to a stage where Pakistan is right now.

as is, no one is forcing students to go to the madrasas.

but yes, madrasasas are problematic. but its really chicke and egg. we understand that there won't be any problems without madrassas, but thats equivalent to saying we won't have chickens if we get rid of the eggs.

pakistan is really an unfortunate tinder box, and without the afghanistan war, it wouldn't have been as bad as it is now. in fact things have gotten really bad only in the last 2 years or so.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 27, 2008, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

^^^That's not true. Their parents are forcing them to attend madrashas. Parents make the decisions for their children. And in a country like Bangladesh where the education rate is low they don't always make the right decisions.

I saw a trailer of a DVD in PP about Pakistani children from America who are sent back to Pakistan to attend a madrasha. It shows how the children are made to live in that hell and how much they hate it at first, they say 'This is not my home. I love America.' But they are slowly brainwashed and they start saying 'Death to America', 'This is my real home.'

Although in BD it's not as extreme as that it is still similar. A child who has attended a madrasha all his life won't know the difference but if you ask a boy who went to a school at first and then was force to attend a madrasha by his parents who think that madrasha is 'key to heaven' will know about the freedom he is missing, of course unless he is already brainwashed.

Bangladeshi expats are a big part of this problem. In evening, if you tune in to a Bangladeshi channel in UK you will see fund raising programs where they are always raising funds for mosques and madrashas. In a country crammed for space like Bangladesh where 1000 people are forced to live in a km, we need hospitals and schools not mosques and madrashas. As it is we already have more mosques then we need. A few years ago if you went to a village you'd find one mosque per village but now there are at least five mosques in a village and that's a minimum. You might say that's because population is increasing but then why isn't there an increase in the number of hospitals and schools. This is where religeous leaders should step in and instruct people to do more for society.
Old October 27, 2008, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
^^^That's not true. Their parents are forcing them to attend madrashas. Parents make the decisions for their children. And in a country like Bangladesh where the education rate is low they don't always make the right decisions.

I saw a trailer of a DVD in PP about Pakistani children from America who are sent back to Pakistan to attend a madrasha. It shows how the children are made to live in that hell and how much they hate it at first, they say 'This is not my home. I love America.' But they are slowly brainwashed and they start saying 'Death to America', 'This is my real home.'

Although in BD it's not as extreme as that it is still similar. A child who has attended a madrasha all his life won't know the difference but if you ask a boy who went to a school at first and then was force to attend a madrasha by his parents who think that madrasha is 'key to heaven' will know about the freedom he is missing, of course unless he is already brainwashed.

Bangladeshi expats are a big part of this problem. In evening, if you tune in to a Bangladeshi channel in UK you will see fund raising programs where they are always raising funds for mosques and madrashas. In a country crammed for space like Bangladesh where 1000 people are forced to live in a km, we need hospitals and schools not mosques and madrashas. As it is we already have more mosques then we need. A few years ago if you went to a village you'd find one mosque per village but now there are at least five mosques in a village and that's a minimum. You might say that's because population is increasing but then why isn't there an increase in the number of hospitals and schools. This is where religeous leaders should step in and instruct people to do more for society.
well, if we kill everyone in bangladesh, we wouldn't have a madrassah problem. do you agree with this solution?

facetiousness aside, everyone is brainwashed. everyone learns whatever from their parents, teachers, friends, mentors, etc. your concept of freedom is itself brainwashing. there isn't a single person on earth who isn't brainwashed, and very few who are only partially brainwashed.

teaching someone to hate something unconditionally is brainwashing. so is teaching someone to love something which in fact doesn't deserve it. its all brainwashing.

i don't know what madrassah documentary you saw, but i saw one on CNN in america about pakistani kids being sent to a madrassah and then being accused of becoming terrorists. after the CNN team investigated, they found out the madrassa was in fact, one of the ones that aren't "radical".

every coin has a head and tail.

personally, i think we should abolish education, secular or otherwise. life is better spent selling drugs on the corner, pimping hoes, jacking cars, and busting gats, if you ask me.

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by al Furqaan; October 27, 2008 at 03:07 PM..
Old October 27, 2008, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
This is where religeous leaders should step in and instruct people to do more for society.
without mosques and madrassas you won't have any religious leaders...but as i said, we need more thugs and gangbangers, so i kinda agree with you.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 27, 2008, 03:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
You know how you started your thread with Goru, then sort of talked about pretty much from river, global warming, politicians and the whole world in between.

Same here.
US bombs syria, all of a sudden we could be next!!
u r genius. look above my posts. u r bang on target.
Old October 27, 2008, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
well, if we kill everyone in bangladesh, we wouldn't have a madrassah problem. do you agree with this solution?
I don't know which problem you are referring to. But no that's not a solution to anything.

Quote:
facetiousness aside, everyone is brainwashed. everyone learns whatever from their parents, teachers, friends, mentors, etc. your concept of freedom is itself brainwashing. there isn't a single person on earth who isn't brainwashed, and very few who are only partially brainwashed.

teaching someone to hate something unconditionally is brainwashing. so is teaching someone to love something which in fact doesn't deserve it. its all brainwashing.
I agree

Quote:
i don't know what madrassah documentary you saw, but i saw one on CNN in america about pakistani kids being sent to a madrassah and then being accused of becoming terrorists. after the CNN team investigated, they found out the madrassa was in fact, one of the ones that aren't "radical".
Trailer of Karachi Kids: http://youtube.com/watch?v=L1V3bB_BxQ4

Quote:
every coin has a head and tail.
Very true.

Quote:
without mosques and madrassas you won't have any religious leaders
I think you have misunderstood me. I have not said that I want all mosques and madrashas abolished and broken. What has been made is made. I think the rate that they are going up should be slowed down. And instead the government and foreign investors should focus on building more hospitals and schools. As it is we have plenty of mosques and madrashas. It wouldn't surprise me if the ratio of mosque to a hospital would be a 1000:1 in Bangladesh.

Quote:
personally, i think we should abolish education, secular or otherwise. life is better spent selling drugs on the corner, pimping hoes, jacking cars, and busting gats, if you ask me.
Now I don't know what pissed you off so badly but this is just unnecessary. And overall I failed to understand the vast majority of your post.
Old October 29, 2008, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:

madrassas are possible breeding ground for terrorists and the whole system of islamic education for the poor needs to be reviewed. however, madrassas is a secondary problem. the first and the most important is poverty. it is possible to eradicate poverty. this need not be a redistribution of wealth as most bangadeshis seem to fear. we could start by fair distribution of resources and promoting social conscience. religions like islam might well urge the followers to be socially responsible and care for the poor, however, almost all muslim dominated countries have a tendency to do just the minimal. so charity ends at zakat or praying for the poor. far more effort and active participation is needed.

there is another issue here that is seldom hinted at. a country like bangladesh is at the cusp of industrial revolution. this in itself is leading to changes in the social and class structures, as well as a proliferation of social, and economic roles. these changes are not subtle. the urbanisation and industrialisation are major revolutions in themselves, and would take at least fifty or so years to complete. there would be political upheavals as a result of these conditions. so the conservative tendencies allied to religious conservatism is only a byproduct of such a developing society. i certainly won't be alive when the cycle has completed for bangladesh, however, i know for sure that it would be a glorious day indeed. so for the moment, we just have to a little more tolerant of each other, consolidate our losses and and await that glorious rational age!
Old October 30, 2008, 08:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
i think that one of 2 root causes is policy.

the same policy which is the opening post of this thread.

do you agree that barging into a country and shooting a few civilians inspires love, admiration, and goodwill? if not, then i hardly see how that could be used in brainwashing.

after all, is the antelope brainwashed to run away from the lion when it should embrace the lion?

purely nonsensical.

the other twin cause, is the flawed understanding of scripture and its true context by these so called mullahs who abound in the madrassas. the madrassa is fine. its the administration which needs fixing. unfortunately, that is a problem whose fixing is as out of our (individual) scope as changing the policies i mentioned.

a divine solution is awaited.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 30, 2008, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Terrorism is not a product of madrassah but rather a by product of America's screwed up foreign policies in middle east starting with the end of WW2 onwards.

Madrassas have existed over milleniums and I don't recall hearing of any muslim terrorist in medieval kingdoms.
Old October 31, 2008, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Terrorism is not a product of madrassah but rather a by product of America's screwed up foreign policies in middle east starting with the end of WW2 onwards.

Madrassas have existed over milleniums and I don't recall hearing of any muslim terrorist in medieval kingdoms.

well, some terrorism in the ME is a result of the US, however I dont think people like Bangla Bhai, or those who killed people for being members of the wrong sect (In Iraq and sometimes Pakistan) are doing it due to American foreign policies...
Old October 31, 2008, 01:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
well, some terrorism in the ME is a result of the US, however I dont think people like Bangla Bhai, or those who killed people for being members of the wrong sect (In Iraq and sometimes Pakistan) are doing it due to American foreign policies...
this would be the other twin cause i cited: flawed understanding of scripture (any one is free to challenge me, it would be a vain effort ).

where in the scripture it allows BB to kill fellow muslims (albeit nominally, but muslims nonetheless) in order to spread the "sharia"? where does it allows us to destroy the temples of the ahmadiyyah, just because they are deviant? where does it allow us to forcibly convert a disbeliever (as if thats even truly possible)?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 31, 2008, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Getting back to the original subject of this thread, I think one of the better analyses of the US action in Syria is the one by Daniel Levy.
Old October 31, 2008, 08:02 PM
Cricket Sage

new strikes in pakistan kill 28 (probably mostly civilians).

pakis feeling the heat from both the US army and domestic terrorists.

#OneTeam1Dream