facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 29, 2004, 09:45 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

pak not losing wickets andbatting steadily to reach 94/2 off 23 overs.

Old July 29, 2004, 10:03 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

shoaib malik out
Old July 29, 2004, 10:06 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by amit(a huge BD fan)
shoaib malik out
Old July 29, 2004, 10:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Pakistan should hurry up and finish the damned match. At least we'll be able to close the Asia cup chapter and (hopefully) move on...
Old July 29, 2004, 10:28 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

yohana out
Old July 29, 2004, 10:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

as usual, the bowlers have found some respect for themselves with a wicket or two here and there...the less we talk about batting the better.
Old July 29, 2004, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

.....only if our batsmen could add 60/70 runs more:embaressed:

Rana and Razzak are bowling their hearts out. Tapash and Aziz also bowled effectively. only, if only our top ordsers could manage some runs more......
Old July 29, 2004, 10:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

BD will get a bonus point from this match. I am looking forward to some intellectually stimulating discussion on the significance of this bonus point to suggest that BD has finally become better than India because India struggled to get one bonus point against Pak whereas BD got one bonus point against Pak relatively easily.
Old July 29, 2004, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene

Rana and Razzak are bowling their hearts out. Tapash and Aziz also bowled effectively. only, if only our top ordsers could manage some runs more......

obastob kotha bolen ken?
Old July 29, 2004, 11:08 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by insideedge
BD will get a bonus point from this match. I am looking forward to some intellectually stimulating discussion on the significance of this bonus point to suggest that BD has finally become better than India because India struggled to get one bonus point against Pak whereas BD got one bonus point against Pak relatively easily.
Dude, no need to fake it. We all know that India is a better team. We just ask you not to make heartless comments that is sure to inflict insult to injury. That's all.
Old July 29, 2004, 11:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
actually that wil be like.. "Pagoler sukhe mone mone"
Old July 29, 2004, 11:41 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Quote:
Dude, no need to fake it. We all know that India is a better team. We just ask you not to make heartless comments that is sure to inflict insult to injury. That's all.
well said chinaman

there r a lot of indians out here like tintin, sunil, me and a few others.
Old July 29, 2004, 11:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well the asia cup is behind us. I expect the batting order to undergo radical changes soon. Some of the current U19 players (who are no longer U19) will feature in the ODi squad regularly. I won't be surprised if the Tigers thinktank decides to go with somewhat different ODI and Test teams.

Whatmore will have a lot on his plate. This was the first ever ODI tournament played under him and I am sure he will have a few lessons to take from here.
Old July 29, 2004, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Despite calls for massive team reshuffling as the Asian Cup comes to an end, dropping a significant number of these players may not help. In fact we have achieved steady improvement over the last year when some of the chopping and changing stopped and a core group of players were selected.

I think they will stay with the same core, even including the Notorius Chacha, and add at most a couple of new faces for the next tour. Likely an allrounder (Nadif?), a new batsman and maybe Mashrafee returns.

Rajin had looked out of sorts earlier in the tournament but was a different man today and was really looking set when he got out. I don't think he will be dropped.

Alok is just out of form and any absence from the team will only be temporary - he is technically superior to most of these batsmen, and is just making the wrong decisions.

I would rather see Faisal getting dropped. For all the hoopla surrounding his inclusion in the team, he has shown nothing to indicate he deserves a place. His footwork is non-existent, and on Dhaka pitches that's OK because I suppose you can just stand there and clobber the ball. In fact footwork is sorely mising from most of the top-order batsmen, leaving one to wonder why they chose this profession if they cannot learn one of the fundamentals skills required to be good at it.

On the bowling front, Tapash's lack of wickets belies the trouble he causes in the first few overs. He gets tired after 4-5 overs, however, so it could be that Bashar is bowling him too long in the opening spell for want of a good change bowler. This problem rectifies itself with the return of a genuine strike bowler to the lineup. I am not sure our spinners are all that effective as they don't have enough variation - 2-3 left arm spinners together makes the attack too predicatable and, and these days there is more pace than spin from the likes of Rafique. We need to figure out how to improve in that department as well.

We do have some positives to be taken away: Javed Omar's return to form, in the ODI format no less, and with Ashraful finally clicking in the opener role (except today's sorry innings), maybe there will be no further changes in the opening lineup for now. And Razzak Raj has been a solid find.

At the end of the day, no one expected Bangladesh to win the major matches but it would have been nice to see more life out of the team. My guess is they are playing too much cricket, and the top order's consistent failures may be now dragging the entire team down. At a very minimum, more time needs to be spent on facing quality bowling, batting technique and better game strategies to deal with the adversity that inevitably happens to our batting.
Old July 29, 2004, 01:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
I would rather see Faisal getting dropped. For all the hoopla surrounding his inclusion in the team, he has shown nothing to indicate he deserves a place. His footwork is non-existent, and on Dhaka pitches that's OK because I suppose you can just stand there and clobber the ball. In fact footwork is sorely mising from most of the top-order batsmen, leaving one to wonder why they chose this profession if they cannot learn one of the fundamentals skills required to be good at it.
I agree 100%. Today he got out because of 0 foot work. Watching him today I felt that even I had a chance in the middle! His LBW was just horrible today. No feet movement, not even a centimeter, while he went for that drive. Gets hit on pad and clear LBW.
Old July 29, 2004, 06:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene

Rana and Razzak are bowling their hearts out. Tapash and Aziz also bowled effectively. only, if only our top ordsers
could manage some runs more......

obastob kotha bolen ken?
the question is "only if"... dont know for how many years this "only if" will continue!!!!
Old July 30, 2004, 12:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

No! No! No! more one loss in asia cup