facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 22, 2007, 03:12 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Remember, SL played their best (perhaps 'only') against us - minnows. They always have this thing playing at home and sometimes they don't play so well away from home. - We could not capitalize on this Sri Lankan playing style, but maybe India can.

In short, it will be a whole different ball game when not-so-desperate Sri Lanka face a desperate India.

So, I'm pretty much expecting India to beat Sri Lanka, whereas hoping that Sri Lanka could beat India.

Old March 22, 2007, 04:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

if sri lanka lost that game against india...we are gone...and that is the bottom line
Old March 22, 2007, 05:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
if sri lanka lost that game against india...we are gone...and that is the bottom line

Spot on!
Old March 22, 2007, 05:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by oporajeyo_bangla
so can you give us a link to your video so we can see it?
Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87yMnDymA8
Old March 22, 2007, 05:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
They always have this thing playing at home and sometimes they don't play so well away from home. -
We thrashed ENG 5-0 in ENG last summer and also drew 2-2 with the Kiwis in New Zealand three months ago!

Quote:
We could not capitalize on this Sri Lankan playing style, but maybe India can.
The team that plays the better cricket on the day will win!

Quote:
In short, it will be a whole different ball game when not-so-desperate Sri Lanka face a desperate India.
It will be, but don't forget that the Indians will be coming into this game carrying the hopes of a billion plus cricket crazy people! If they lose and are knocked out in the first round the repercussions for them at home might be severe!

The Indian fans already started to attack the homes of their players and burn their effigies after their team's loss to BD and god only knows what they will do if India gets knocked out of the tournament on Friday!

So in short, the pressure on India to win Friday's match would be unimaginable and our boys will be aware of this and will no doubt go hard at the Indians!

Quote:
So, I'm pretty much expecting India to beat Sri Lanka, whereas hoping that Sri Lanka could beat India.
As I said before the team that plays the better cricket on the day will win!
Old March 22, 2007, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

what is the point to see Bangladesh go through the next round? When our players have not addressed the issues with their batting style and mentality? Look at Nafees, he is mentally set to lift the bat probably even before the ball is release, is that how his coach and captain told him to play? How about playing some straight drives? So when BD says they are moving forward, but I still see them doing the same old crappy batting mistakes our team did 2/3 years ago, I feel that they are deceiving the supporters and fans lying that they are working on the mistakes they have done in the past.

Lets say you failed an exam, you don't go and take the exam again unless you prepare for it and make sure if learn the things you missed the last time. Simple example is SN he did the same mistake twice in a row.
Old March 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oporajeyo_bangla
I'll reply to you using the words of cricinfo. check out the last sentence of this article:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc20...ry/286608.html

"In either case, Bangladesh's NRR will be well below India's which means the only chance for them to get into the Super 8 is if Sri Lanka get past India. Given Sri Lanka's awesome form in their two matchs so far, though, it will need a brave man to bet against that happening."
mate , im not saying that SL is a weak team or that they cant beat india , but its not as easy as you guys seem to think it is. yes I agree that BD totally outplayed india in the match , but it doesnt mean that the indian batting lineup has become useless overnight , dhoni has a highest score of 183* against SL , we have some of the worlds most experienced and best batsmen in our line up. and they know exactly what they have to do to win this.
Old March 22, 2007, 03:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

knowing what to do != doing it. If the Sri Lankan bowling is as incisive and disciplined as it has been of late, then SL is definitely the favorite. Don't forget, the recent SL-Ind series was settled w/o Vaas or Murali and on Indian pitches.
Old March 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
knowing what to do != doing it. If the Sri Lankan bowling is as incisive and disciplined as it has been of late, then SL is definitely the favorite. Don't forget, the recent SL-Ind series was settled w/o Vaas or Murali and on Indian pitches.
my good friend , i have already posted vaas and murali v india on neutral grounds in a previous post , vass is abot 45 average , and murali about 40 , not very flattering im afraid
Old March 22, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I have a feeling that India will beat Srilanka this Friday, regardless on whether Srilankan team is better balanced side or not.. India might not have a very penetrative attack, but it only needs one good innings from Sachin, Ganguly or Dravid to make it a day..

I am disappointed that Bangladesh could not make a game out of Srilanka match, if we scored aroun 280 in the match, we had a chance to beat Bermuda comprehensively and move to super-8. Now NRR calc is all but over..
Old March 22, 2007, 04:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82

I am disappointed that Bangladesh could not make a game out of Srilanka match, if we scored aroun 280 in the match, we had a chance to beat Bermuda comprehensively and move to super-8. Now NRR calc is all but over..
Yea our team is pathetic and inconsistent than ever, look at Canada even they scored 260+ run against NZ and loosing by 114 runs, they never gave up and played good cricket.
Old March 22, 2007, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i don't think i've paid so much attention to a game not featuring bangladesh ever since we got the odi status. i remember going crazy about non-bangladesh games before that, but never so much after. tomorrow, i'm going to go crazy again, and pee my pants just like i do whenever bangladesh plays
Old March 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Damn, why does it always have to be BD with all them miseries? =( I hope Sri Lanka crushes India too. Bangladesh needs more experienced players, IMO. Yougsters are good, but there are too many of them in our team.
Old March 23, 2007, 03:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi_Daru
my good friend , i have already posted vaas and murali v india on neutral grounds in a previous post , vass is abot 45 average , and murali about 40 , not very flattering im afraid
While the above might be true I feel it's more appropriate to look at the SL vs IND stats on neutral venues since 2000. Why this particular period? This is because this period more accurately reflects the nucleus of our current side.

So in the period of 2000-2007 Ind and SL have met on 8 occasions in neutral venues with SL having won 4 times and IND having 4 times as well!

As for Murali and Vass, Murali in the same period on neutral venues has picked up 16 Indian wkts at 9.75 with a best of 7/30 while Vaas has picked up 17 wkts at 16.23 with a best of 5/14!

However as I have said time and time again, when two top quality and equally matched sides like India and SL meet, past stats will account for nothing as the team that plays the better cricket on the day would emerge victorious!

Obviously, I am hoping that SL would be that team today while I have no doubt that my friend Desi would be hoping that India would be the team that plays the better cricket on the day, today!