facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 3, 2010, 02:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
শুধু মাত্র এই কারনেই অফস্ট্যাম্প ভাইয়ের ম্যাচ সুতা খুলার সার্থকতা প্রতিপন্ন হয়ে যায়।
আশাকরি বিজয় আসবে...
thanx, wish i bring good luck by opening the match thread for bangladesh

Old March 3, 2010, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

guys give us fans to digest one match before giving thoughts of next match. Dnt behave like impatient Ash and Aftab. ke kar agey out hoite pare, ei competition !
Old March 3, 2010, 05:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
I think Bangladesh should be proud of the two ODIs so far. You played well today just lost the game to a good hundred and just needed that final couple of wickets. I think the first two games have shown that you will not be a walk over for the rest of the odis and test series. I think that the last time we toured you would have struggled to give England a game in both the games but you have performed well. You have a youngish team and I know it is frustrating that players sometimes dont perform but I really do think in 18 months time with the right strategy you will be giving all the top teams a good game and getting victories.
It's nice of you to say so, but I don't think we'll need to wait that long. Bangldesh will beat england, they didn't do it in Mirpur, but they could do it in chittagong either in the ODIs or even the test...
Old March 3, 2010, 07:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
thanx, wish i bring good luck by opening the match thread for bangladesh
Insha'Allah...but please put some links and some gateup in the first post...our BC match thread has a standard to maintain...
Old March 3, 2010, 07:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

So far, BD has posted their highest ODI score against England, and given England a challenge. Years ago, it would not have been a challenge, and England would have walked all over them. BD would have folded in the 30 th over with a bit more than 150 runs.
even though they have not won so far, they have given England a fight.I hope that BD can play better in the third ODI
Old March 3, 2010, 08:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
So far, BD has posted their highest ODI score against England, and given England a challenge. Years ago, it would not have been a challenge, and England would have walked all over them. BD would have folded in the 30 th over with a bit more than 150 runs.
even though they have not won so far, they have given England a fight.I hope that BD can play better in the third ODI
We gave england a fight when we last played them in the 2007 world cup too, but that wasn't anywhere near as close as the mirpur game.

Desh may not yet be quite good enough to beat Australia, but they are capable of beating this England side, especially on home soil...
Old March 3, 2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

[বাংলা]Aftab ke dol theke gar dakka diye ber kora uchit. Amra kokhoni balo team hote parbona, jai pojonto aftab doroner player amader team e thakbe.[বাংলা]
Old March 3, 2010, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

errm umm..mmm..Bring Back "Shahadat Hossain" try him !
Old March 3, 2010, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

In order to win this match BD needs to realize that days of Aftab is finished.
He should be replaced.
Old March 3, 2010, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Musky is doing so good up the order ... mostly when he is given a chance on top he makes use of it.
Aftab needs to go and that new allrounder needs to debut ... i mean how worst can he be then aftab ... if he adds 10 more runs that will be a bonus
Old March 3, 2010, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

IMO, whenever we play at home Mushy should always play in the top order, although he may come down the order if we play outside subcontinent or in a seaming pitch.
Old March 3, 2010, 11:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

250-260 will not be a winning total in CTG. 280-300, more like it, for both teams.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

Is it a easy batting pitch or is the stadium smaller ?

If a higher score is needed, independant of the conditions/pitch, should we bat at first?

I think BD are more capable of posting a larger target than chasing one.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:22 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Is this the same stadium we bowled Zimbabwe out for 44 runs?
Old March 3, 2010, 12:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Shakib tor ki ekbaro toss jitar icha nai?
Old March 3, 2010, 01:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Shakib tor ki ekbaro toss jitar icha nai?
unforyuantarly COOK will do the calling, shakib will spin the coin, it is cook who calls right or wrong
Old March 3, 2010, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Same XI. Just swap Riyad and Aftab around.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Injuries in England camp - Sidebottom got a thigh muscle strain, Onions got a stiff back, and now Broad has developed a back pain!

http://www.amardeshonline.com/pages/...10/03/04/21097
Old March 3, 2010, 02:40 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Does anyone know Shakib's success rate when it comes to the coin toss?
Old March 3, 2010, 02:47 PM
Banned

What difference would it make if Shakib wins the toss? I really liked the way BD played in 2nd ODI. Except Aftab's innings and 49th over of English innings. And yes the umpires' decision Both of them gave wrong decisions against us. Lets hope for the best in Chtg.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Ramanayake won't be with the team for the Test series. He is in need of a thyroid gland operation, so he will be leaving the team after the ODI series.

- Inqilab
Old March 3, 2010, 03:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

No Aftab please. We have seen enough already. As I have said few times before, Aftab is a thing of the past. Bring some performing blood. Nasir, Foisal, Juhurul, anyone will do to replace Aftab. I prefer Foisal and Juhurul to play in Test, while Nasir to play in ODI to replace Aftab.
PLEASE NO AFTAB
Old March 3, 2010, 03:48 PM
Cricket Guru

কেউ যাচ্ছেন, কেউ আসছেন...

‘...এ রিপোর্ট লেখা পর্যন্ত বাংলাদেশ দলের সঙ্গে সর্বশেষ যোগ দেওয়া ক্রিকেটারটির নাম নাজমুল হোসেন’—বাংলাদেশ দলসংক্রান্ত কোনো খবরের প্রথম লাইন এখন এটাই হওয়া উচিত। দলে কখন কে যোগ হচ্ছেন, কখন কে বিয়োগ হচ্ছেন সে হিসাব রাখতে রীতিমতো তালগোল পাকিয়ে যাওয়ার মতো অবস্থা। আর এ রকম বিশেষ ধরনের হিসাব রাখার জন্য তো আজ পর্যন্ত কোনো ক্যালকুলেটরও আবিষ্কার করতে পারেননি বিজ্ঞানীরা!

ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ওয়ানডে সিরিজের দল নিয়ে শুরু থেকেই বিস্তর টানাহেঁচড়া। নির্বাচকেরা প্রথমে ১৪ জনের দল বানালেও বোর্ডের ইচ্ছায় ঘোষিত হলো ১৩ জনের দল, বাদ পড়ে গেলেন রকিবুল হাসান।। ১৩ জনের দল থেকেও অকস্মাত্ অভিমানে মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজার বিদায়, ‘ফিল্ডিং স্পেশালিস্ট’ হিসেবে দলে যোগ হলেন নাসির হোসেন। সর্বশেষ জানা গেল, দ্বিতীয় ওয়ানডের দিন সকালে দলের সঙ্গে যোগ দিয়েছেন পেসার নাজমুল হোসেনও। সেটা এমনই জরুরি ভিত্তিতে যে দলে যোগ দেওয়ার আগে হোটেলে ওঠারও সময় পাননি নাজমুল। বাসা থেকে সরাসরি চলে গিয়েছিলেন মাঠে।

শেষ ম্যাচে দ্বিতীয় ওয়ানডের দলটাই খেলানোর চিন্তাভাবনা থাকলেও নাজমুল চট্টগ্রামে এসেছেন, এসে কাল আফতাব আহমেদ আর নাসির হোসেনের সঙ্গে জিমও করেছেন। তবে তাঁর দলে আসার খবর এ রিপোর্ট লেখা পর্যন্ত আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে জানানোর প্রয়োজন মনে করেনি বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)। তা না জানাক, ম্যাচ রেফারিকে জানালেই হয়। গত ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজে পাওয়া শিক্ষা নিশ্চয়ই এবার কাজে লাগাচ্ছে তারা।

Full Report
Old March 3, 2010, 03:51 PM
Cricket Guru

From http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2...-04/news/46233

‘নিজের মাঠ বলে আর কিছু নেই। আমার ঢাকায়ই কিছু একটা করা উচিত ছিল। আসলে মাঝখানে হারিয়ে যাওয়া দুইটা বছর অনেক কিছু কেড়ে নিয়েছে। আমি আফতাব আজীবন ক্রিকেটটাকে দেখেছি ফান হিসেবে। আর এখন মাঠে নামতে নার্ভাস লাগে, আত্মবিশ্বাসের অভাবে ভুগি! কোথায় যে কী বদলে গেল নিজেও জানি না।’ নিউজিল্যান্ড সফরেই কোচ জেমি সিডন্স বলে দিয়েছিলেন, আফতাব এই পর্যায়ের ক্রিকেটের জন্য প্রস্তুত নন।

আফতাবের মতো ব্যাটসম্যানের তো নিজেকে ফিরে পেতে এতটা সময় লাগার কথা নয়! তাহলে কি কোচের কথাই ঠিক? হোটেল পেনিনসুলার লবিতে বসে আফতাব বলেন, ‘আরে কোচ কী বলবে, আমি নিজেও তা-ই বলি। এই আফতাব আগের সেই আফতাব না। কোচ যে বলেছেন, আমি এই পর্যায়ের ক্রিকেটে খেলতে প্রস্তুত নই, সেটা এখনকার আফতাব সম্পর্কে বলেছেন। তিনি চান আইসিএলে যাওয়ার আগের আফতাবকে। আমি সেটাই হতে পারছি না।’

নিজের ওপর বিশ্বাস এখন এতটাই দুর্বল যে চট্টগ্রাম বিভাগীয় স্টেডিয়ামে অনুষ্ঠেয় আগামীকালের শেষ ওয়ানডেতে খেলার আশা ছেড়েই দিয়েছেন আফতাব। স্বগতোক্তির মতো মুখ দিয়ে বেরিয়ে এল, ‘খেলে কী হবে? আর আপনি কি মনে করেন এর পরও আমাকে নেবে? এভাবে না, এভাবে না। আরও ভালো প্র্যাকটিস করে ফিরতে হবে...।’

কিন্তু আফতাবের জন্য আরেকটা সুযোগের সর্বোত্তম মঞ্চ তো হতে পারে চট্টগ্রামের মাঠই! আফতাব সেটা মানলে তো, ‘নিজের মাঠ-টাঠ কিছু না। বরং গ্যালারি থেকে সবাই যখন আফতাব-আফতাব বলে চিল্লাবে, উল্টো চাপে না পড়ে যাই...!’

হ্যাঁ, ক্রিকেটকে বিনোদন ভাবা, ক্রিকেটকে বিনোদন উপহার দেওয়া আফতাবের কাছে এখন ক্রিকেট খেলাটাই হয়ে দাঁড়িয়েছে মস্ত এক চাপ। চট্টগ্রামের এই তরুণ যেন ভুলেই গেছেন, এক সময় এই শব্দটা তাঁর অভিধানেই ছিল না!

এসব তাঁর কোনো দিনই পছন্দ ছিল না। কিন্তু আফতাব আহমেদের যে এখন বড় দায়!
Old March 3, 2010, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Translation?