facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Closed Thread

Old March 13, 2015, 09:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default #nofear Match Thread: Bangladesh vs India | World Cup Quarterfinal | March 19, 2015 | Melbourne (MCG)

Bismillah.

First off, win or lose, this has been our most successful World Cup to date. Although we made the final 8 in 2007, should have made the final 8 in 2011, we have greatly enhanced our rep during the past 3 weeks. The same folks who were hating a month ago are now grudingly admitting that BD do pose some degree of threat to the top sides at this world cup. Kudos to the fellas and all the coaching, support, and management staff that helped. Big props to the fans who stuck through a disastrous 2014 and whose faith has finally been paid off.

India are a very strong side, but not unbeatable. We've done it before, we can do it again. Best of all, the Tigers are led by Sher Khan himself, Mashrafee bin Mortaza.

#riseofthetigers

Knocking India out of the 2007 World Cup:

Knocking India out of the 2012 Asia Cup:

#OneTeam1Dream

Old March 13, 2015, 09:36 PM
Banned

Yessssssssssssssssss............................Fa ith and Bravery...............................

Bhai remove the videos......the videos giving wrong image of India.....
Old March 13, 2015, 09:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bismillah.

Gandalf, you are free to put up your videos that would give the right picture. What is the right picture, by the way?

Old March 13, 2015, 09:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ what?? Why should the videos be removed?? The inspiration from those wins should be reminder that we are Capable of knocking India out of competitions. Why do they give a wrong message of India? Can't we have any fodder to inspire us? Theses videos are the fodder.
Old March 13, 2015, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

The biggest day/night of our cricket history is coming...In sha Allah...আমরা করব জয়।

Go Bangladesh!!!!
Old March 13, 2015, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
^^ what?? Why should the videos be removed?? The inspiration from those wins should be reminder that we are Capable of knocking India out of competitions. Why do they give a wrong message of India? Can't we have any fodder to inspire us? Theses videos are the fodder.

Sorry guys,, you misunderstood me...this isn't same Indian team. sorry guys but I have different view
Old March 13, 2015, 10:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^why are you apologizing?
Old March 13, 2015, 10:08 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

what percentage of chance of this happening and we editing the thread title?

if this happens I myself will go to Ireland and Convert Donal C
Old March 13, 2015, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf
Sorry guys,, you misunderstood me...this isn't same Indian team. sorry guys but I have different view
A different view? India should win because they are stronger? Tell that to the 2007 team that beat the likes of a team playing dravid, ganguli and sachin. Surely even the Indians do not consider their history of greats batting better than the current team with Dhawan, Rohit, Suresh Naina, Jadeja and all.

Indians are playing well, they are the defending champions, and this is not ICF. We know where we stand, we know in order to beat them we have to play out of our skin. Bat tremendously well, field well and take catches and create run outs and most importantly take wickets at regular intervals, choke their runs and attack attack attack. I will give respect to the Indians for playing well, but I will say this also, we can beat them. We have to just fight hard from start to finish and chase the target down (do not let the Indians chase).

And, Indian seamers are overhyped. We will have an advantage after playing Kiwis in Kiwiland, where there was vicious swing. But again, it's all about MCG. So let's focus on the match coming and focus on getting Indians weaknesses. Even if we are batting first if we can get around 300, their batting will be under huge pressure. With Mashrafee back in the side this team will have a different vibe and energy to it anyways. Expecting a hard fought win by the team InshAllah.
Old March 13, 2015, 10:10 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Bismillah.

I have stickied the thread. This is it boys, the match that will decide if we have what it takes to go to the next level. This match will forever change the way the world will view Bangladesh, if we have the right outcome.
Old March 13, 2015, 10:13 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

The team should prepare as well as possible, with all the lessons about the Indian team drilled into their head, so that they don't need to think when they actually play. I want them to play fearlessly. India is the heavy favorite. But, WI was the prohibitive favorite in 1983.

আমরা করব জয়!
Old March 13, 2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Bismillah.

I have stickied the thread. This is it boys, the match that will decide if we have what it takes to go to the next level. This match will forever change the way the world will view Bangladesh, if we have the right outcome.
YES. 2015 could be like 1983!
Old March 13, 2015, 10:23 PM

We need to play 4 full-time bowlers (+ Shakib). I would drop Kayes and have Soumya open with Tamim. With Mash back, our batting should be okay with 7 batsmen.
Old March 13, 2015, 10:24 PM
Cricket Savant

IF the india loses to zimbo today, will they slide down and we will face saffers and this thread is renamed.... hmm

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 13, 2015, 10:26 PM

My XI:
  1. Tamim (no replacement avalable)
  2. Soumya
  3. Riyadh
  4. Mushfiqur
  5. Shakib
  6. Sabbir
  7. Nasir
  8. Mashrafe
  9. Arafat (I wish Jubair was available)
  10. Rubel
  11. Taskin
Old March 13, 2015, 11:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Bismillah. Let this game change the world cricket again.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:19 PM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
IF the india loses to zimbo today, will they slide down and we will face saffers and this thread is renamed.... hmm
SA on 8 points (all 6 games played)..India already on 10 points..so no chance of that happening
Old March 13, 2015, 11:21 PM
Cricket Guru

I wonder if Shak intentionally lost the last match so that we can take on the Eendians.

Either way, I am happy that we are taking on them instead of Saffers. The way Zimbabweans are tonking them, I see plenty of reasons to be hopeful.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:22 PM
Cricket Guru

BD is not afraid of India
Old March 13, 2015, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Bismillah.

My preference is to keep the team unchanged except of course Mash comes in for Taijul. Can't see spinners doing anything that Shak, Mahmudullah, Nasir can't do especially at the MCG and against Ind. Would rather have an extra batsman.

I'm not the biggest Kaedge fan but I think we have to go with him. Too much has been invested in him to leave him out now. He survived 5+ overs of the most hostile bowling in the most hostile condition imaginable, and was unlucky to get out to possibly the ball of the tournament. That's better than lasting 15 overs in most other grounds. Yes, even Mahmudullah got two lives in the beginning before we went on to pull off that masterclass innings. I want some shine to be taken of the ball before SS/Mahmudullah come to bat. That's when they appear most comfortable batting. Everything else remains the same.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:27 PM
Cricket Guru

^^I would rather take Sunny in place of Imrul. When it's slog time, 8th batsman is as good as any of the bowlers. So, I don't see why we should sacrifice a bowler for the 8th batsman.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

^Sunny didn't do anything special against Eng, that's why I can't see him doing too well against Ind. Both Soumya and Mahmudullah seem more comfortable coming one/two down vs opening. That's why I don't want to take any risks by changing their positions in the batting order. If Anamul was available I would've gone with him.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru

^^Soumya and Riyad has been virtually opening in last two matches. What's the point of sending two walking wickets to open for us? Even Sunny prolly can do a better job blocking few balls.

Tamim should still get a chance based on his past contributions. There is no justification what so ever to sacrifice a bowler to accommodate Imrul.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

^disagree...in the last match Soumya came in after 5 overs which were by far the 5 most difficult overs we've faced in this tournament.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Fear? Fear who? We dont fear no one. We shall go hard at them, take the charge on, after initial first few overs if we bat 1st.

Best, would be to bat 2nd. Indi are good chasers. We need be on our top game to win this. Mash will get the lads drilled up, pumped up. Go out, play hard, play well. We got nothing to lose.

I'd go with this side. yes, I'm gonna give Mominul this game instead of Super Flop Kayes, as I think going with batting heavy side will be better. with Nasir in their also. As, I dont think another SLA will be much effective against Ind, who play spin generally well, so Shakib being the one SLA is enough. Going with Nasir, would mean, 10 overs will have to be filled up by the likes of: Mahmudullah, Shabir, Soumya, Nasir and Mominul -- thats enough bowlers/options available to fill least 10 overs or more. Mahmudullah is more than a part timer, very handy offie, we all know that.

Tamim
Sarkar
Mominul
mahmudullah
Mushy/Shakib
Shakib/Mushy
Shabbir
Nasir
Mashrafee
Rubel
Taskin

InshAllah. BD will win Joy Bangla