facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 20, 2007, 09:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Its high time to do some serious thinking.

I wonder if the board or the players themselves analyze their performance? The bigger times start analyzing themselves on their performance for the day right after they are in the pavilion. They are digging into those laptops all the time. If one takes a look to the Bangladeshi dressing room, there will be players chuckling even after a poor show on the field and wait for the following matches to repeat them.
With Dav Whatmore leaving, the task will be even harder now, since he was the one who observed them closely and know about their potential better than anyone now. A new coach would take some time but the first exciting part comes in thinking who will be the coach, or should I say whom does the board find to give the job. The coach before Dav took the team miles away from positive cricket and I hope the mistakes are not repeated. I think Steve Waugh, Nasser Hussain, John Wright or even Duncan Fletcher would be a good choice.
As for the players, it is very important that they improve within days rather than months if they are to survive at this level of cricket. They need to do more thinking when they are on the nets and be more aggressive on the field than being timid sometimes. Most top order batsmen almost hide their bat behind their pads and start guarding the wicket while facing bowlers like Brett lee or Shaun Tait, while some also try to flick it up as if to evade a grenade thrown at them. After all cricket is not only a game where on bowls and the other swings the bat, but it is also a strategic game.

Last edited by shahir001; April 21, 2007 at 11:12 AM..

Old April 20, 2007, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Maybe some of the folks at BCB do need to get high in order to do the thiking.