facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2007, 06:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default "Bangladesh players should put their heads down" - Vaas

In The Daily Star, Vass said, "Bangladesh players should put their heads down. You can't throw your wicket at this level. They should concentrate more at this level otherwise this kind of show will happen time and again." I think what he said is perfectly justified. We have heard enough comments like they will get better with time, they are fairly new in test cricket etc. etc. I think they have been pampered too much and need some tough love. The link to the article is given below:

http://thedailystar.net/2007/06/27/d70627040130.htm

Old June 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Vaas: I think they have been pampered too much.

I disagree on that. I think they do not practice right.
Old June 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

One day I hope his team gets thoriughly humiliated. This was how the West Indians talked about English players in the 70's. Just wait Vaas.
Old June 26, 2007, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

"Fate is not without a sense of irony."

Soon enough, BD players would be consoling SL players after their horrible horrible performance on a test match. The question is, HOW SOON?
Old June 26, 2007, 09:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle
One day I hope his team gets thoriughly humiliated. This was how the West Indians talked about English players in the 70's. Just wait Vaas.
oracle bhai, i can't agree with you...

i agree with vaas all the way. there is nothing wrong with what he said...if he were, indian i am sure he would have made a snide comment, but after how we played there is nothing to warrant anything other than this.

i hope our boys learn from the comment.

we ARE not as bad as we played in the first half.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 26, 2007, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: No one yet.

Man... Our players need a good Discipline Coach. We need to play as a team. We have to understand, if one of our player is having a bad day, the 10 has to work 125% to fill his position. And its normal for every team to have atlist one or two players not clicking . That don't stop the entire team from succeding. Like for instance check out Sri Lanka's score-card. Warnapura went out for a duck, and right after him Sangakkara went out for 6. They even lost Silva for 1 run. Those are 3 top order batsmen. However, Sri Lanka still manages to put over 580 on the board becuase some of them failed butthe others put 125% more to fill in the gap. Thats why they are so successful. Unlike them,. Bangladeshis give up their wickets like dominos effect. When one player struggles, the rest gives up. Claiming a lost right from the begining. They never try hard. Thats not team work. I hope i am making some sense. I hope our players change their way of approaching the game. They need to be more positive minded, and not let a bad decision by umpire or a bad form of one player bring down the whole team. Fight till the very end. Something I only see in Mortaza so far.
By the way I think Vaas is right with his comment. I agree with him. I bet he is frustrated becuz he is stuck in a position to play under the heat for bout a month with a team that don't even know how to play cricket. And he saying what he is saying becuz he wants to face a more tougher opponet not no sissy girly team. I hope our players read his comments and straighten up and play like a man and everyone should give 110% if not 125%
Old June 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I see nothing wrong with the comment.
Old June 26, 2007, 10:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Actually, we need to hear more of these kinds of comments, it will hopefully spur our players to do something since the usual saccharine "Bangladesh are talented, they're turning the corner soon' stuff from other teams doesn't do anything.

At least if it's coming from Sri Lanka there's no malice behind it, I think they're genuine well wishers of our cricket team.

Edit: Now that I reread the article, it seems to me that Vaas is implying 'head down' in the sense of 'get to work', not the 'in shame' sense.
Old June 26, 2007, 11:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Vaas is doing nothing but wishing us well here. Yes, I too would love to see our players comment in a similar manner about other teams in the future, but Vaas' concern about our nonsense showing in the first innings is very reasonnable, and quite appreciable.

To ICC : Please_Give_Us_More_Tests_To_Play. We dont need long useless breaks from the Test arena. Improvement will be evident rather slowly in that case.

Quote:
if he were, indian i am sure he would have made a snide comment [...]
Why's it so necessary to classify such a person as "Indian" ? Thats an outright personal attack to any Indian out there. A snide comment can come from any impolite individual, be it Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan or Bangladeshi.
Old June 27, 2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
"Bangladesh players should put their heads down. You can't throw your wicket at this level. They should concentrate more at this level otherwise this kind of show will happen time and again. But I still believe Bangladesh are an improving side and are in a learning process," Vaas said.
Not a single word of his comment is wrong IMO. It depends on how we take, for example ...

one can take his word 'put their heads down' as ...

1. Focused, concentrated, determined to do the job.
2. Showing deserved respect to opponents.
3. Feel guilty, ashamed for doing wrong.
4. Don't deserve to be there.

etc.
Old June 27, 2007, 02:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
well said guru...
Old June 27, 2007, 02:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz
Default hmm...

Quote:
... modon kotakar!!!... eider buddhi shuddi jai kokhon hobai... uff...

Last edited by capslock; June 27, 2007 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: Language mod.content
Old June 27, 2007, 02:33 AM
Cricket Legend

a srilanka bowler who just scored a batting century(what was his previous best score?) is now telling Bd's so called batsman that they need to show more application. If this doesnt spur them on what will
Old June 27, 2007, 03:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

I think Vaas was not being arrogant by saying this. As an experienced member of a champion team, he merely said aloud what everyone, including BD players themselves, are thinking...
Old June 27, 2007, 03:38 AM
Cricket Guru

omg... just becouse he scores a century doesnt mean he's king of cricket!!! he owez an appology to us!!! how dare he say that?
Old June 27, 2007, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Vaas's comment was absolutely correct. Of course, it would not be welcomed by many in BC as that means some test matches might last more than 3 days. Some in BC would like test matches to finish in one day. Anyone who plays with their heads down is considered "boring".
Old June 27, 2007, 03:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Well-said, I also agree. What he said is fact and our players should learn form this. They did not learn when Gillipsie made a double hundred in CHT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
oracle bhai, i can't agree with you...

i agree with vaas all the way. there is nothing wrong with what he said...if he were, indian i am sure he would have made a snide comment, but after how we played there is nothing to warrant anything other than this.

i hope our boys learn from the comment.

we ARE not as bad as we played in the first half.

Last edited by real123; June 27, 2007 at 03:59 AM..
Old June 27, 2007, 03:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Today, the attitude was much better. Each player in their own way played resolutely. It is not a question of playing slowly or attacking. It means that within your limitations you play each ball according to its merit and don't get carried away. Nafees was more attacking but I think that was part of a plan to unsettle Murali. It worked to an extent but, of course, Murali had the last laugh. By the way, the ball he got out to was very hittable. Neither batsmen can really be blamed for their dismissals.
Old June 27, 2007, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Bashar did have a poke outside the off stump. Vaas wins for perseverience !
Old June 27, 2007, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't want to put the mockers on, but Rajin has impressed me. He has been quite uncomfortable at times and even looked lost but he has hung on. That's the attitude we did. Make sure you stay, runs will come..
Old June 27, 2007, 05:03 AM
Street Cricketer

Default shadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
omg... just becouse he scores a century doesnt mean he's king of cricket!!! he owez an appology to us!!! how dare he say that?
I found nothing wrong with his comment. Ar karap korle kotha suntey hoi. Basar ka apne haba bolsen kintu o porer test a 100 korle tokhon abar onno kotha bolben. Amone hoi sob somoy.
Old June 27, 2007, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Look, I think all Vaas meant was that Bangladeshi batsmen should focus on batting sensibly at the Test level and not give up their wickets cheaply. In context, read grammatically, that's what "putting [one's] head down" means. It's good advice and nothing he should apologize for. Some of you are, in my opinion, mistakenly reading what is constructive criticism as a snide comment.
Old June 27, 2007, 07:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
What exacltly shold he apologize for? What in that statement offends you or for that matter any Banglaeshi fan?
Old June 27, 2007, 07:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
bad bad comment by antora, vaas sympathizes for us and he wants to see bangladesh improve, anything wrong with that?
Old June 27, 2007, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
I guess what Vaas is saying is not out of mockery but out of the interest of Bangladesh Cricket. Before he said it, we have all be saying and thinking along the same line.

Sri Lanka can put a thorough humiliation on a "bad day" at field. We can put it on our destiny.