facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 26, 2002, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Debut

I was bored - had nothing to do -- came up with this data - and my thought.....

Old August 26, 2002, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

From the chart, we can observe that most of the debut scores are the highest score or at least close to the highest score of that particular player. I think that these players' debut performance shows both their COMPETENCY and their LIMITATION. I consider this debut feat as their top not because of confidence but determination. Debutants are fixed to attest their place in test. After their goal is achieved, they don't seem to care anymore because they are IN. The players highlighted in green comply with this thought. Mehrab Hossain's highest also lean toward this idea because that 71 not out were scored against Pakistan after a long pause (he got kicked out after bad performances).

Many are thinking, hey!! Some of these players only played one or two test, thus their debut has to be the highest ---- Absolutely!! I did not mark them. But the players that are marked in red --- I am pretty sure that those will be their highest even after they play couple of more test matches.

There was not really any new point for this observation but it was just to confirm what the players are mentally lacking. If they are all "worried" about their spot - they should perform better (their best). This idea of course defies that of Akram's and Pilot's but I am pretty sure they were using the "uncertain" concept as the scapegoat for their appalling (“dismaying”) performances. Debutants also feel special - if that's the cause of their 'best' show then I guess we do need a shrink. Any other mental state of debutants I am missing??

This also points out that change is good. Many have nagged about constant change and expressed their disapproval of saying Change will hurt the team but the records prove otherwise - atleast for Bangladesh.
Old August 27, 2002, 12:12 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Shrink

SHRINK - We need one PRONTO.

I refuse to believe that Bangladesh is a weak team and our players lack technique. Well, they may not possess sound technique but they sure can post more than 200 in test matches on averages and keep the opponents down to 350-400. All they need is someone to work with their feelings and fears and help them raise to their potential.
Old August 27, 2002, 02:28 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Mistake

Orpheus, I think you made a mistake in one thing - Mehrab did not score his highest 71 against Pakistan - it was against Zimbabwe.

I think to prove your point more, you can look into these players' number of fifties and hundreds scored in test cricket.

For example - Ashraful, Bulbul and Sumon has not reached near their highest score (each of them has a highest of over 100 runs) a second time. What's more is that both Ashraful and Bulbul has their highest scores made in their debut test matches.

Until and unless our test team really successfully draws or wins a match, change should be the only constant thing.
Old August 27, 2002, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

you are absolutely right as always . It was against ZIM and I guess there was no pause then. Instead of Mehrab, I guess I will point to Ashraful again. He wasn't given the chance to play one test (think of his mental state at that moment) -- then the 70+ in Srilanka (HIS SECOND HIGHEST). But before that when he was a regular on the team.. what was he doing??

fwaullah, you are more indepth analyst -sounds more strong coming out of you. Now the quote of the day:
Quote:
Originally Posted By Fwullah
Until and unless our test team really successfully draws or wins a match, change should be the only constant thing.

Edit Reason : Added Something

[Edited on 27-8-2002 by Orpheus]
Old August 27, 2002, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

We need a shrink, possibly from Australia.
Old August 27, 2002, 12:20 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default From Australia ?

Sledging comes to mind. Let's ask the ACB to send in their top 'sledgers' and have them stay in BD in our expense and come to our practice sessions and 'sledge' the heck out of our boys (there is always the problem of the players not understading what in the heck the Aussies are saying but it's a chance I am willing to take).

I can already see the younger ones breaking down in tears. Muahahahhaahhaah. Think how bad it'd be for 'shorty' Ashraful, 'fatty' Akram and 'skinny' Manjurul.

Manju and Ash can hit back at them later on but I think Akram bhai's areer is finished.
Old August 27, 2002, 08:17 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Sledging??? BD players can do good sledging also, but problem is, they cant speak English (most of them).

We need a ESL teacher too.