facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2007, 04:33 PM
Street Cricketer

Default What's Wrong With Our Cricket ?

Have you been watching the Bangladesh Matches? Everytime you have your hopes high,
the team lets you down; true or not ?
What's frustrating is there is alwys that glimmer of hope (in the form of some talent
as in Ashraful in beating Australia couple of years ago; the 9th man hitting a century-
Rafique against west indies,Tameem and Sakibul against India in the world cup and so on)
I remember watching Bangladesh team back in 1999 world cup (I was priviledged to meet the whole team and Gordon Greenidge the then coach, Mustaq Mohammad the other coach,John Lever- the bowling coach and other officials) .Even then it seemed that there was talent, there was potential but the team not quite getting it.
If you can read people's body language _ it showed that the team did'nt quite had it in them. So they were already beaten before the game even started.
Short of space so I have to leave it here. You can visit my blog which is
[] and post comments. thank you.

Last edited by Nasif; April 20, 2007 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Use the thread in Forget Cricket for posting about your site.

Old April 18, 2007, 04:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Fans like you and me is what's wrong...we expect to much to fast...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 18, 2007, 04:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Interprete,
Welcome to BC. Not good to start your BC debut with opening a thread. There is nothing wrong with our cricket. This is a gradual evolution which you are witnessing.

1st we couldn't win anything. Now we win the odd ones. In future we will win more frequently. That's how you grow up from infancy to childhood to adulthood.
Old April 18, 2007, 05:18 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

What's Wrong With Our Fans?
Old April 18, 2007, 06:11 PM
Club Cricketer

From the reaction of interprete and many other fans and media of Bangladesh, one thing is for sure, We expect our team to actually win now. No more of those wishful thinking that if we can pull of an upset or go into a trance when we beat a team.

I think this just shows that the BD team has truly improved over the years and we now believe in the ability of our team. I can understand the feeling of interprete, I get the same feeling during a BD game. Welcome to Bangla cricket interprete.

Oh one more thing, what is the problem of opening a thread in the first post?? Just Curious.
Old April 18, 2007, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

lol...Was that another website advertisement? Short of space??? CMON!! Thats just.......Anyhoo...Welcome to Banglacricket! The team is going to do fine. Give them 4-5 years...
Old April 20, 2007, 04:01 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Thank you Guys

Many thanks to all of you who have welcomed me and offered nice advice.
Yes, I agree my expectation is high, but why not? I know there are some technical
issues we have to deal with.Like getting used to or getting better at playing on
pitches with bounce and pace (like that of kensington oval)
Also some of the players have to improve their foot work.In our last tour of England
all the commentators were pointing out the lack of foot movement in our batsmen.

we very obviously are short of fast bowlers.Mortaza is excellent though.I know it will
take time. But to me its taking longer than it should.I believe ICC have done their bit
in helping bangladesh.When I met the whole team in 1999, we had Gordon Greenidge
as the main coach and he is a fine gentleman. But he was sacked by fax. that was not nice. Our team physiotherapist was an Australian.
Yes, we are winning, but a little more consistency would be welcome. To crash out like that against Ireland was really sad.I better not say anything about yesterday.Otherwise I would be really under fire.
Dont forget its 7 years since we gained our test status. we should do justice to that.
What happens now? Should we not look ahead and devise new strategy ?
Would you agree that some of the senior players have outgrown their usefulness ?
Is it not time to look in to the pool of young talents?
And no it was not an ad for another website. I was really stuck for space. May be something I did wrong ( I am new remember?) so it appeared to me that I was running out of space. Which is not happening today. Yes, I invited you to visit my blog.I am not selling anything though. Just expressing an opinion.I can be radical at times.
But I welcome some sensible reply. ( I can even take some harsh criticism).All this is
part of the fun.
Here it is again.
www.bangladeshcricketfans.blogspot.com
Old April 20, 2007, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

hahaha, I nominate mohammad mogni choudhury for Bangladesh Cricket team's coach. Please send in your resume soon to BCB.
Old April 20, 2007, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
hahaha, I nominate mohammad mogni choudhury for Bangladesh Cricket team's coach. Please send in your resume soon to BCB.
Mogni craves attention.