facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 3, 2007, 04:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Default Is the Day of Judgement within 75 more years ????

Forgive me for my ignorance. A moroccan friend of mine was telling me today that the day of judgement or Qayamat is near and will happen within the next 75 years. I always thought that man cannot predict the time of the Day of Judgement but he was saying that there are hadiths that you can use to calculate the exact time when it is supposed to happen. Anyone with knowledge about this topic please share your informations with me and other ignorant people like myself.

Old January 3, 2007, 05:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

hmm???? onar phone number koto ami tar shatay kotha bolbo....amar kisu question chilo tar kase?
Old January 3, 2007, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasifkhan
hmm???? onar phone number koto ami tar shatay kotha bolbo....amar kisu question chilo tar kase?

are you serious? Then I can PM you his number.
Old January 3, 2007, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I don't think so. The Quran or Hadith didn't specify any particular day but the direction the world is heading, I am sure It will come sooner than later.
Old January 3, 2007, 12:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I wonder if your Moroccan friend was drunk that day. And from what it seems, it's more like personal opinion. If not personal opinion, then this would've been common knowledge by now.

But Shahriyar (spell check: done), why do you need more information on this? Hajj korar icha ase naki taar aage?
Old January 3, 2007, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

In late 80s one of my cousin returned back home for vacation from Minnesota after completing his first semister. When he visited our (now deceased) grandma, she was very much surprised by seeing him: particularly pony tail and pearsed ear and a ear-ring.

She said something like that, "Oma... Pola Hoiyaa Bedeah Heli... Miaa Hoiyaa Firlii? Keyamoter ar Baki Nai."

At that time we thought she was just old fashioned and not uptodate with the current trend and fashion. Thats why she was that negative.

But now reading this thread, it looks like, may be she was telling the truth after all (validated by this drunk Morocaan ). Keyamot is comming.......
Old January 3, 2007, 03:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Only Allah knows the appointed time. No one else, not even his prophets were told. There are signs of the judgement days in Holy Books. However, enterpreting them would be a joke and calculating time would not be legal.
Old January 3, 2007, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Only Allah knows the appointed time. No one else, not even his prophets were told. There are signs of the judgement days in Holy Books. However, enterpreting them would be a joke and calculating time would not be legal.
Yes that is exactly what I thought too. But this friend of mine reads a lot about Islam so I just thought I would check if I had the wrong idea or if was doing his own interpretations of Hadiths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I wonder if your Moroccan friend was drunk that day. And from what it seems, it's more like personal opinion. If not personal opinion, then this would've been common knowledge by now.

But Shahriyar (spell check: done), why do you need more information on this? Hajj korar icha ase naki taar aage?

Hahah, no man the guy does not drink or smoke. He was sober. I was looking for this information because I wanted to verify if this was the case or not by gathering more opinions about it. But ji bhai Hajj korar ichcha to asei.
Old January 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

75 years from now is a safe bet any of us currently alive will not live, so it's highly unlikely any of us will live to see Judgement Day by that time and therefore your friend is on the safe side until and unless he's proven wrong. Although you might be able to make some vague predictions, because as far as I know the Quran/Hadith talks about events when the time is near.

Last edited by Hatebreed; January 3, 2007 at 11:53 PM..
Old January 3, 2007, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Who cares. Most of us wont be here anyway. Thankfully.

I wonder what BC will be like 75 years from now
Old January 4, 2007, 02:31 AM
Test Cricketer

God almighty knows best. We do not know when is it going to be. However one thing is for sure going to happen. That we will all die one day. We all know know our date of birth but we do not know when are we going to die.

Someone once told me that when an assignment is handed out, usually the prof tells you when the assignment is due and we try our best to hand in on time since we know the due date. We also get prepared for our final exams when the exam schedule is up. But do we really know the due date of our life? Are we prepared for the day of judgement?
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old January 4, 2007, 08:51 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

When I was a teenager, I read somewhere about the signs of the judgment day. One of the big sign is the appearence of Imam Mahdi. So I did a quick search, you can start your quest from here…

http://www.livingislam.org/n/signh_e.html

I am guessing your friend thinks the president of Iran is the Imam Mahdi... Many believed Saddam was Mahdi (Actually Saddam himself ignited that idea by claiming he is a descendent of Muhammad).
Old January 4, 2007, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
I wonder what BC will be like 75 years from now
Very old BC will need proper care.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 5, 2007, 02:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
When I was a teenager, I read somewhere about the signs of the judgment day. One of the big sign is the appearence of Imam Mahdi. So I did a quick search, you can start your quest from here…

http://www.livingislam.org/n/signh_e.html

I am guessing your friend thinks the president of Iran is the Imam Mahdi... Many believed Saddam was Mahdi (Actually Saddam himself ignited that idea by claiming he is a descendent of Muhammad).
I do not know, but according to Sunnah he would actually behave like RASUL-ALLAH ( SA : ) that means really charismatic and speak only when necessary and about what is necessary and so would his actions be well judged, you might say Doctor Mahathir Muhammad was charasmetic, but he too was way off compared to the description of the Mahdi so no present high profile leaders seem like Imam Mahdi.