facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 13, 2005, 02:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player
Default Is Habibul Bashar Perfect ?

I don't think Habibul Bashar is doing a perfect captaincy for Bangladesh team.

Lots of people are talking about it....
Yesterday I was talking with some of my friends and they were talking about Bangladesh cricket. There were two Srilankans, They were supporting Bangladesh during the England tour. And one of them said " I think Bangladesh should change their captain, He is not active as a captain should be in the field"

They were saying Rafique is the one who gives all of his ability in the field. He tries hard even when the team is under pressure. And HE should be captain. Even though he is getting older, still he can mantain the game better than Habibul Bashar...!

What do u think about this?

Edited on, July 13, 2005, 7:09 PM GMT, by Umar.
Old July 13, 2005, 02:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

we have had this discussion so many times before..
please post your opinion in those previous threads instead of creating another thread about it again.

Old July 13, 2005, 02:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

Yes, Rafique will be better captain than Bashar. But he needs interpreter, I do not think it is a big deal. Not knowing English should not stop him to be a captain.

I think Rafique understands cricket better than any other player + He has good experience. Though he should retire in 2 years. After 2 years, Enamul will be good captain.

Edited on, July 13, 2005, 7:41 PM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.
Old July 13, 2005, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Moderator is right.
Old July 13, 2005, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes and No and Maybe!

Habibul Bashar is not a perfect captain.
- Yes. But who else is perfect.

Bangladesh should change their captain.
- Yes. But they should do that when the time is right, not for the sake of just changing.

He is not look very active as a captain.
- Yes. But that doesn't mean he is an automatic failure for that. He is doing someting right also; in the field as well as off the field.

Rafique is the one who gives all of his ability in the field.
- Yes. But that doesn't mean he will be a sure success as a captain. He may be one who is a great solder but not a great leader.

Even though he is getting older, still he can mantain the game better than Habibul Bashar
- First part is Yes, second part is may be or may be not.

What do u think about this?
- Nothing much. We have much bigger fish to fry than this captaincy issue right now.

Plus

But he (Rafique) needs interpreter
For what? He is dealing with the foreign players, umpires, coaches for a while. Granted he need to communicate more. But those activities will be outside the game and will not effect the result of the game.

we have had this discussion so many times before..
Yes. We dicussed these issues for so many times... its becoming boring.

Edited on, July 13, 2005, 10:39 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old July 13, 2005, 03:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Nothing to add. Fazal said it all and I mean all. I am more interested talking about the post that he posted than this topic.
What a post? Post of the century. Organized, easly understandable, got all the main points and got the clear answers.
Nicely done Fazal. Mods should offcially close this thread!

Edited on, July 13, 2005, 8:13 PM GMT, by Locutus.
Reason: something was missing.
Old July 13, 2005, 04:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

No, the mods shouldn't close this thread. We should talk about Fazal's post more ..

Yes, I agree - very good post. To the point.

p.s - oh yeah, to answer the original question - YES, Habibul Bashar is PERFECT.

oh, one last thing - Rafique has demonstrated his propensity for losing his cool on a number of occasions, which would be a definite negative on my book.

What were we talking about again ? Oh yeah, about Fazal's post ..

Edited on, July 13, 2005, 9:11 PM GMT, by paco.
Old July 13, 2005, 04:24 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Yes, we talked about it a lot before. But whoever the captain is or will be its is not going to be rafique. a captain need to do a lot of talking in english. to match referee, to umpire, 3rd umpire during presentation and many many more things. unfortunately for us and for rafique, he does not speak any english at all (in fact he is not able to speak bangla without a dhakai accent). without this, he would be a much better choice than suman but there is nothing that can be done.
Old July 13, 2005, 04:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Atleast Rafique show passion wiith his anger! all bashar does have that dumb smile on his face. I could care less if his bangla is sub-par. Many westerners whose Parents are from Bangladesh can barley speak proper bangla too.

I can't blame bashar. He didn't ask to be Capt. but geez no body can be that bad. Forget about his fielding and captaincy duties. It's ok for soe of the younger players to throw away their wicket but when Bashar does it it's mind boggling. He played our first Test Match and promised that he wouldn't throw his wicket away but nothings changed in 5 years.

Still he has been the most successful captian in Bangladesh cricket history. Test win , draw , ODI wins still the question is what have you done for me latley habibul Bashar?

Answer: Not much.

A good knock in the last innings vs England i int much to be proud of. I could care less about his 30 + Test avg. The only good thig he did was protect Ashraful in the win vs Aus and that was so risky he almost got ash out 3 time if it wasn't for bad throws from the aussies.
Old July 13, 2005, 04:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

We should remember that he is our most successful captain. A captain should understahnd all of his playes and I belive Basher is the best choice for this purpose.