facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 19, 2011, 01:47 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

you guys are all trying to judge him in comparison with other world stars. But i would not compare at that level just yet. He doesnt need to be compared in that to be considered for the team. We have an everlasting top order inconsistency and he is replacing Ash and just in 2 matches he showed good consistency. He played in both pressure situation and relaxed. For me he is a young top order from Bangladesh that is looking good. He must be given sufficient chances and advices. Our team looks just perfect. Except few changes like Nafees and Mashrafe, our ODI squad is good enough now

Old August 19, 2011, 02:18 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
you guys are all trying to judge him in comparison with other world stars. But i would not compare at that level just yet. He doesnt need to be compared in that to be considered for the team. We have an everlasting top order inconsistency and he is replacing Ash and just in 2 matches he showed good consistency. He played in both pressure situation and relaxed. For me he is a young top order from Bangladesh that is looking good. He must be given sufficient chances and advices. Our team looks just perfect. Except few changes like Nafees and Mashrafe, our ODI squad is good enough now
Oh wow, I can't wait for the day when will be able to see Mashrafe (fully fit) steam in with the new ball and Rubel sling in reverse-swinging deliveries with the old, IN THE SAME MATCH! With Shafiul/Nazmul as our swing option and Shakib-Mahmudullah-Nasir-Shuvagoto providing spin, our bowling would look pretty good!
Old August 19, 2011, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

I can see why averages 60+ in first class cricket. He is better than most of our useless current batsmen

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 19, 2011, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He has the same average and SR in FC cricket:

Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St

First-class 10 17 2 919 166* 61.26 1500 61.26 3 6 129 9 7 0

Anyways, I wouldn't be too excited. Way too early. We've seen talent come, talent score some 20's and 30's, talent get married, talent get fat, talent get lazy and talent go talentless too many times.
Old August 19, 2011, 02:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

I think Hom could be the real deal. I wouldn't get too excited though. He can still turn into another Ashrafail and Law and co. should make sure he doesn't go to waste.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 19, 2011, 03:24 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Anyways, I wouldn't be too excited. Way too early. We've seen talent come, talent score some 20's and 30's, talent get married, talent get fat, talent get lazy and talent go talentless too many times.
This may be one of the best lines I've seen in BC in my few months here; wry and succinct

Last edited by Navo; August 19, 2011 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old August 19, 2011, 03:35 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
He has the same average and SR in FC cricket:

Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St

First-class 10 17 2 919 166* 61.26 1500 61.26 3 6 129 9 7 0

and don't forget, talent get greedy, and talent become "extraordinary"

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 19, 2011, 04:28 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Hom has the ability to rotate the strike, but the key is whether he will be able to adjust when the bowlers adjust to him and most important, will he be able to keep কি হনু রে! the bug off?
Old August 19, 2011, 04:30 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

In BD, no batsman has yet shown the insatiable appetite for runs. I am not asking for Don Bradman's appetite. He would want to score 400 after reaching 300. But, our batsmen should not be happy to score those 30 and 40's.
Old August 19, 2011, 05:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am impressed with his batting, watched both the innings and looked solid to me.
Good find for #4/#6. We need a good #3 now. Neither Junayed nor SN is good. Ash should be playing test matches only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
In BD, no batsman has yet shown the insatiable appetite for runs. I am not asking for Don Bradman's appetite. He would want to score 400 after reaching 300. But, our batsmen should not be happy to score those 30 and 40's.
Old August 19, 2011, 06:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Shafiul Islam

Quote:

lol this is funny but true in BD cricket.Hom looked good and can rotate strike well.It's not yet time to rate him before playing against G8.
Old August 19, 2011, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I get the feeling ATMR is talking about himself here.

I would like to clarify that though a lot of you have pointed out that he plays a few shots too many, to be fair, both his innings required him to be aggressive. We needed quick runs in the first match, and we wanted to finish quickly in the second. I'd say he has a cool head while batting (though his running between the wickets is questionable), and doesn't appear to be the usual moronic Bangladeshi batsman.
Old August 19, 2011, 09:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Our batters all have the tendency to score some runs in one game and then score a zero in the following game. Lets see how he goes in the next two games
exactly. though Hom started very nicely, so did Raqibul. I remember, Raqibul was a brilliant player in his first few matches, looking great. once he got settled, his mindset changed, and his weakness came out.

really hoping Hom will be a classy permanent fixture.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old August 19, 2011, 09:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

As Bangladeshis supporting the Bangladesh National Cricket Team through thick and thin, we've learned to persevere through disappointment and heartbreak. Naturally, many have become gun-shy and tend to take the "wait and see" route. So when we see batsmen who sight the ball early and are positive in their approach, we keep our fingers crossed a little too tightly.

Personally, I've been deeply disappointed by Ashraful, Zunaed and to a lesser extent, Alok, someone I haven't written off yet because he still has a 25% chance of making it back to the highest level of the game and apply himself the way he can and should.

Ashraful's case can simply be attributed to his pathological and panoramic idiocy and my refusal to see it for years. Zunaed, while lacking the natural ability of Ashraful, also showed the inability to learn from unforced errors and move on. He has been through Sid's nepotism and moronic "temperament sans strike rotation" training but still flaunts that horrendous front foot and heavy bottom hand technique I've seen ever since his T20 debut for Mohamedan years ago. He has failed to rectify those issues and added an awkward sort of cowardice to his game. Alok, also someone who sights the ball early but is a way smarter cricketer than both, has emotional and psychosomatic issues he must overcome in order to be what we need him to be.

But there have been success stories also. I feel Shakib and Tamim would always succeed more often than they fail and maintain an average between 30 and 40. Shakib in particular is likely to become the first Bangladeshi batsman to score 10 ODI and 10 test centuries before he starts entering his peak batting years from age 27 to 35. I hope Tamim is there too when he gets there. Attitude adjustment would help both.

Mushfiq and Riyad also have the solid potential to become solid top order batsmen with the right sort of nurturing. I have no faith in Imrul or Nayeem anymore because I don't see them adjusting to this level with all those edges and streaky runs.

As far as the new generation is concerned, I believe Shubhagauto, Bijauy and Nasir to be different and worthy of early commitment. All are sensible cricketers with cricketing maturity and intelligence beyond their years and international experience. As such, they learn quickly from their mistakes and apply what they've learned in the middle. I expect all 3 to maintain a 35+ average throughout their international career. Shubhagauto in particular is almost guaranteed to win hearts with each and every innings he plays. He is that special amongst the specials and I rate him higher than even Ashraful at his very best.

Guys like Fazle Rabbi, Rumman, and Alauddin Babu (I'm talking about his batting here, not bowling) have class and flair, but they also have temperament and shot selection issues we've seen often. They need to work on those and BCB better sure they do in Academy and A Team cricket before they're goaded into the senior side in order to plug some of the gaping holes always there.

I just don't want to see guys like Rajin, Rokibul and their latest clone Rial in top flight because they simply lack the basic ability to sustain success against quality bowling at the highest level, no matter how great their temperament is or how hard they work. Getting bogged down and accumulating pressure by blocking half-volleys and full-tosses because you don't sight the ball early, WILL get you and your teammates out, period. The idea that a "slow and steady" batsman without that basic ability but who "values his wicket" would actually stay in the wicket is an oxymoron like "benevolent dictator".

Sadly, too many of the Bangladeshi petit-bourgeois still believe in that crap.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM..
Old August 19, 2011, 10:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
He is tall,healthy with good built.So Have power with sharp reflex.I saw both of his innings he has tendency to play too much shots still he looked impressive to me.
*Ash looks impressive in his every innings but . . . . So how many you score is your ultimate fruit.
**Though it was oneday but it looked his batting will not be effective in test unless he changes his batting style and ball selection.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
shorter than Shakib right?

anyway,I want him to get more chance to bat.
how abt sending him as n°4?
Old August 19, 2011, 10:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I have to say that I'm very impressed by him. I know it's been 2 matches but the qualities he possesses as a batsman is different then our other batsmen. He can defend the ball solidly, sights the ball really early and puts ball in to the gaps, and times balls well for boundaries. It seems that we get players that either play a lot of shots and have poor temperament or you have guys that have great temperaments but don't play many shots. I believe the guy has good temperament and plays a lot of shots which is a great combo for a batsman. Also like Shakib says, he's adjusted quickly for international cricket. I believe he's a talent that we should very excited for. Hopefully with time we push him up the order and play him at #3 since he seems to have the technique to play there. Even though the tour has been a disappointment, it's great to see some talents coming through the pipeline.
Old August 19, 2011, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
As Bangladeshis supporting the Bangladesh National Cricket Team through thick and thin, we've learned to persevere through disappointment and heartbreak. Naturally, many have become gun-shy and tend to take "the wait and see" route. So when we see batsmen who sight the ball early and are positive in their approach, we keep our fingers crossed a little too tightly.

Personally, I've been deeply disappointed by Ashraful, Zunaed and to a lesser extent, Alok, someone I haven't written off yet because he still has a 25% chance of making it back to the highest level of the game and apply himself the way he can and should.

Ashraful's case can simply be attributed to his pathological and panoramic idiocy and my refusal to see it for years. Zunaed, while lacking the natural ability of Ashraful, also showed the inability to learn from unforced errors and move on. He has been through Sid's moronic temperament training but still flaunts that horrendous front foot and heavy bottom hand technique I've seen ever since his T20 debut for Mohamedan years ago. He has failed to rectify those issues and added an awkward sort of cowardice to his game. Alok, also someone who sights the ball early but is a way smarter cricketer than both, has emotional and psychosomatic issues he must overcome in order to be what we need him to be.

But there have been success stories also. I feel Shakib and Tamim would always succeed more often than they fail and maintain an average between 30 and 40. Shakib in particular is likely to become the first Bangladeshi batsman to score 10 ODI and 10 test centuries before he starts entering his peak batting years from age 27 to 35. I hope Tamim is there too when he gets there. Attitude adjustment would help both.

Mushfiq and Riyad also have the solid potential to become solid top order batsmen with the right sort of nurturing. I have no faith in Imrul or Nayeem anymore because I don't see them adjusting to this level with all those edges and streaky runs.

As far as the new generation is concerned, I believe Shubhagauto, Bijauy and Nasir to be different and worthy of early commitment. All are sensible cricketers with cricketing maturity and intelligence beyond their years and international experience. As such, they learn quickly from their mistakes and apply what they've learned in the middle. I expect all 3 to maintain a 35+ average throughout their international career. Shubhagauto in particular is almost guaranteed to win hearts with each and every innings he plays. He is that special amongst the specials and I rate him higher than even Ashraful at his very best.

Guys like Fazle Rabbi, Rumman, and Alauddin Babu (I'm talking about his batting here, not bowling) have class and flair, but they also have temperament and shot selection issues we've seen often. They need to work on those and BCB better sure they do in Academy and A Team cricket before they're goaded into the senior side in order to plug some of the gaping holes always there.

I just don't want to see guys like Rajin, Rokibul and their latest clone Rial in top flight because they simply lack the basic ability to sustain success against quality bowling at the highest level, no matter how great their temperament is or how hard they work. Getting bogged down and accumulating pressure by blocking half-volleys and full-tosses because you don't sight the ball early, WILL get you and your teammates out, period. The idea that a "slow and steady" batsman without that basic ability but who "values his wicket" would actually stay in the wicket is an oxymoron like "benevolent dictator".

Kudos to you for informing us about Shuvagoto. Where was he all this time? He is older than Shakib.
Old August 19, 2011, 10:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Both he and Fazle Rabbi are outsiders who came out of the blue, as opposed to the BKSP/HPS scene. Other outsiders: Rubel and Shuhash currently in the team.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 19, 2011, 10:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Keeper. So now we have two who can rotate strike at will. Great!!
Old August 19, 2011, 10:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Both he and Fazle Rabbi are outsiders who came out of the blue, as opposed to the BKSP/HPS scene. Other outsiders: Rubel and Shuhash currently in the team.
Rokibul is also an outsider, right?

Thanks for the early post. detailed and very informative. Great as usual.
Old August 19, 2011, 10:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Keeper. So now we have two who can rotate strike at will. Great!!
Not counting Shakib and Tamim, Bijauy is the third. Plus his keeping will relieve Mushfiq of his liability and focus on his asset: batting.
Old August 19, 2011, 11:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

hom comes with a Average of 60 from FC cricket ????

is there anybody else closer to him in our FC ????

so it is evident that home has either skills or mental abilities which is far far better than the rest of the domestic lot.

so whoever has come before and shined in our national side and later fell apart, hom certainly has more chance to survive and flourish according to the stats he has in his career.
Old August 19, 2011, 11:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Rokibul is also an outsider, right?
Not really. He went through the U-19 circuit.
Old August 19, 2011, 11:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
As Bangladeshis supporting the Bangladesh National Cricket Team through thick and thin, we've learned to persevere through disappointment and heartbreak. Naturally, many have become gun-shy and tend to take the "wait and see" route. So when we see batsmen who sight the ball early and are positive in their approach, we keep our fingers crossed a little too tightly.

Ashraful's case can simply be attributed to his pathological and panoramic idiocy and my refusal to see it for years. Zunaed, while lacking the natural ability of Ashraful, also showed the inability to learn from unforced errors and move on. He has been through Sid's nepotism and moronic "temperament sans strike rotation" training but still flaunts that horrendous front foot and heavy bottom hand technique I've seen ever since his T20 debut for Mohamedan years ago. He has failed to rectify those issues and added an awkward sort of cowardice to his game. Alok, also someone who sights the ball early but is a way smarter cricketer than both, has emotional and psychosomatic issues he must overcome in order to be what we need him to be.

Great Post with some indepth info. Thanks, for introducing the new guys. if we get even 2/3 of the new guys who can perform like Shak/Tamim ... we can expect many more happy moments from our cricket team in future. Well, I have always got a fair/logical first hand info on our upcoming players from your posts in this forum. Thanks
Old August 19, 2011, 11:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
hom comes with a Average of 60 from FC cricket ????

is there anybody else closer to him in our FC ????

so it is evident that home has either skills or mental abilities which is far far better than the rest of the domestic lot.

so whoever has come before and shined in our national side and later fell apart, hom certainly has more chance to survive and flourish according to the stats he has in his career.
His SRs indicate the ability to play according to format. FC in the low 60s, List A in the high 80s, and T20 in the low to mid 130s with strike rotation at the heart of it all. So far he has matched his List A SR with his ODI SR and I believe he can and will do the same when selected for tests and T20Is. He can bat anywhere from 3 to 7 but must be allowed to perform his way up the order.