facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who should be dropped for the 2nd test? Pick two
Sabbir Rahman 3 10.00%
Soumya Sarkar 3 10.00%
Nasir Hossain 1 3.33%
Imrul Kayes 6 20.00%
Shafiul Islam 16 53.33%
Others 1 3.33%
None/same XI 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 31, 2017, 01:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Drop Shafiul, SS and Sabbir

Willing to give Imrul another chance but make him open with Mini coming in at 3. Replace Sabbir with Das. Nasir making a comeback I'd give him another chance
The main issue for me with nasir was his technique. He's relatively experienced internationally, he should be nearing his prime so it was disheartening to see his technique issues. His temperament though was really good I thought.

Old August 31, 2017, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Tamim
Soumya
Imrul
Mominul
Mushy
Shakib
Liton
Saifuddin
Miraz
Taijul
Fizz

Mossa and Taskin come in for Imrul and Taijul for SA series.
Old August 31, 2017, 02:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Read somewhere team might be unchanged. Seems like selectors again thinking with their backside if this really is true
Old August 31, 2017, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Mods - is it possible to change the poll option to multiple?
The least I would have expected is someone to tell me this is not possible?

After sending the email and posting here to edit. I have got no response.
Old August 31, 2017, 03:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I thought there would be 100% for Shafiul
Old August 31, 2017, 09:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Read somewhere team might be unchanged. Seems like selectors again thinking with their backside if this really is true
Although it was a historical win but we barely won by 20 runs. A lot of improvement is needed. Apart from Tamim and Shakib the whole batting line up was a failure. The pacers couldn't make any impact throughout the game. So, the winning combination theory is invalid here.
Old August 31, 2017, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza

Don't see any point bringing back Rubel or Roy or kamrul, get a younger pacer in, rony a contender but fizz does his role so saifuddin might be better and has more batting prowess.

This idea only exists with bd fans and is completely flawed

This a test match, you have to back experience fast bowlers over young ones

Rubel ok, drop him, and with rabbi

But Roy has a strong domestic record and he's got excellent fundamentals, hes big and strong

Young players will risk injury fielding and bowling in test matches

People scoffed at me for saying mustafizur is getting over bowled and will get injured, guess what happened

These young players need developing through shorter formats and a tours, not tests

Old August 31, 2017, 11:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000

But Roy has a strong domestic record and he's got excellent fundamentals, hes big and strong

People scoffed at me for saying mustafizur is getting over bowled and will get injured, guess what happened

These young players need developing through shorter formats and a tours, not tests
Akram 19, younis 18, McGrath 23, walsh 22, Marshall 20, Lillee 22, Hadlee 22, Steyn 21, holding 21.

Currently taskin 22, fizz 21, saifuddin 20, Abu hider 21.

These guys can play, they aren't to young. The problem is there is more focus on gym training, instead of running. Fast bowlers need to play matches and need to do a lot of running for training. Too much focus on gym now and fixation on pace has lead to injuries.

I'm not going to go through them all but:

Steyn FC debut was 2003, test debut 2004.

Marshall FC debut 77/78, test debut 1978.

Hadlee FC debut 71/72, test debut early 1973.

Lillee FC debut 1969/70, test debut early 1971.

Wasim and waqar are similar to the above.
Old August 31, 2017, 12:48 PM
Cricket Savant

People have spoken. With 14 votes and a monolithic lead Shafiul is our villain of the month.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; August 31, 2017 at 02:17 PM..
Old August 31, 2017, 01:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Couldn't vote for two.

Anyway, my choices are Imrul and Shafiul. And most likely, the team would go with these 2 minimal changes w/o "interrupting the winning combo much".

Mominul in for Imrul, no doubt there.

Although I want more changes to strengthen our batting and become more effective with bowling. If Ctg offers similar spin-friendly pitch, I don't see the importance of 2nd seamer especially when AUS is perhaps the best side to play pace/bounce. For same reason, Taskin, known for his constant short deliveries, wouldn't cut it. Better take another spinner when this is our main attack.

I will keep SS as he has definitely stable hands for slip fielding. When our spinners bowl 80 overs a day, you need someone reliable at slip.

I'm not much inclined to include Liton as he hasn't shown much with his batting. Besides, Mushy was little better at keeping this time. I would rather include a batsman, preferably a youngster (i.e. Shanto, Saif etc.) into the squad.

If Mosa can play, Nasir is out. Sabbir can stay if there is a slot. Fizz can stay as well. I'm still hopeful about him.
Old August 31, 2017, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:

Very good point. Precisely why I dont want Rony. Go with Roy, we know he can atleast play tests.
Old August 31, 2017, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Anyone remember Robiul? Mushy made him bowl 53 overs in a test match and now he is nowhere to be seen. Pace bowlers should be handled with care especially in longer formats. Otherwise injury will knock them out
Old August 31, 2017, 04:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Akram 19, younis 18, McGrath 23, walsh 22, Marshall 20, Lillee 22, Hadlee 22, Steyn 21, holding 21.

Currently taskin 22, fizz 21, saifuddin 20, Abu hider 21.

These guys can play, they aren't to young. The problem is there is more focus on gym training, instead of running. Fast bowlers need to play matches and need to do a lot of running for training. Too much focus on gym now and fixation on pace has lead to injuries.

I'm not going to go through them all but:

Steyn FC debut was 2003, test debut 2004.

Marshall FC debut 77/78, test debut 1978.

Hadlee FC debut 71/72, test debut early 1973.

Lillee FC debut 1969/70, test debut early 1971.

Wasim and waqar are similar to the above.
Answer me this

How many decades did you cross to find these ATG players?

And it's just not age, Am alright with taskin playing, he's matured physically, others are changing physically every few months, clearly still developing, at such a young age 21 to 22 is a big difference

I won't argue this point, as it's a cultural thing that goes beyond cricket, turn 26 and you're an old man who should be married and have 2 kids already

Old August 31, 2017, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Answer me this

How many decades did you cross to find these ATG players?

And it's just not age, Am alright with taskin playing, he's matured physically, others are changing physically every few months, clearly still developing, at such a young age 21 to 22 is a big difference

I won't argue this point, as it's a cultural thing that goes beyond cricket, turn 26 and you're an old man who should be married and have 2 kids already
I'm Australian so it's not cultural. Btw 'decades' I picked a few atg's it's not like I went through every pace bowler in history to find the ones I named, I picked them off the top of my head and quickly checked profiles.

it took me just a few minutes to find this amount of atg great pacers who started young, I'm sure there would be plenty more who didn't make the atg status who started younger.

But the fact that there are soo many atg pacers who've started young shows that starting young isn't that big of an issue.

And as I showed a lot of them started playing test cricket very shortly after starting their FC career so there bodies didn't have years of match practice, yet they still managed to have long international careers and ended up as atg's.

These are facts, you can't argue against facts. You can still disagree but I've just provided a bunch of evidence that proves it's possible to start out as a pacer young and have a successful career and it's really not rare otherwise I would not have found so many atg pacers that did this.
Old August 31, 2017, 05:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Jason Gillespie 21, chaminda vaas 20, imran khan 18/19 (though he then had a few years before his next match but was still only about 23 then and played into his 40s), McDermott 19, srinath 22, Shaun pollock 22, kapil dev 19, ntini 21, streak 19.

Jimmy Anderson 21, Morne morkel 22, ishant sharma 19, southee 20, boult 22, Starc 21, broad 21, rabada 20, Amir 17, Joseph 20, roach 21.

Go back a little further and there's bob Willis 22, back a bit further again and you have trueman 21, and pr B more from earlier eras.

Last edited by Gowza; September 1, 2017 at 04:09 AM..
Old September 1, 2017, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Realistically it would be unfair to drop anyone. Soumya was having a good run in tests this season. Imrul just came back into the team and is batting at a spot he doesn't bat in. Sabbir just also came back into the team. Its Nasir's first test after a long time.

But realistically I do not see Sabbir or Soumya as test players at all. Mosa should replace Sabbir.