facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 20, 2017, 09:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
Everything was correct there but the bolded one

Seriously mate you are replacing dynamite with an atomic bomb in terms of biased and arrogant cricket coaches out there. If Ganguly is the coach, then Soumya and Litton would never get relegated. Forget about Mominul, even Mustafizur would have to fight for place with Shuvashis and Hom would come in place of Shakib then. I guarantee
Wth. Stop bringing religion into this. SS and Litton are on the team coz of their merit.

Disgusting post.

Old August 20, 2017, 10:05 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Wth. Stop bringing religion into this. SS and Litton are on the team coz of their merit.

Disgusting post.
You misunderstood my post. I didn't hurt anyone's faith here. I just took pun at some of the over used cricketers despite of them being out of form.
It's not my fault that coincidently all of them are of certain faith. I don't even care actually about their personal life! Just play good cricket, that's it. I don't know why some BC members marginalizing fellow cricketers based on certain identity. That's should not be the issue here.

P.S - I deleted the post..
Old August 20, 2017, 10:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Special treatment with certain pool of cricketers every time. The trend is eminent since late 2014 with the arrival of Soumya..

Quote:
Bangladesh: Double Standards hurts Mominul

Mominul Haque and Soumya Sarkar are both talented players. The national selectors and the head coach will not disagree with that assessment. However, it may sound harsh that they are not being treated the same by the team think-tank when it comes to selecting the national team; you may even raise the question that in this regard there is a double standard. The last few days' speculation turned into reality yesterday when the selectors, including coach Chandika Hathurusingha, announced a 14-member team for the first Test against Australia without Mominul. Mominul's omission was the centre of argument during the lengthy press conference and the explanations from chief selector Minhajul Abedin and Hathurusingha only served to provide further evidence that the diminutive left-hander has not been treated fairly at all..
http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/b...s-hurt-1451257
Old August 20, 2017, 06:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Psssttt.... he is worth 40 million USD (Forbes). Good luck with getting dada.
Is he? What's Shakib's networth? Surely beats Ganguly.
Old August 20, 2017, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
You misunderstood my post. I didn't hurt anyone's faith here. I just took pun at some of the over used cricketers despite of them being out of form.
It's not my fault that coincidently all of them are of certain faith. I don't even care actually about their personal life! Just play good cricket, that's it. I don't know why some BC members marginalizing fellow cricketers based on certain identity. That's should not be the issue here.

P.S - I deleted the post..
This is irony and stupidity all rolled into one. You are literally the only guy that's always bringing up faith. You are pathetic.
Old August 20, 2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Reyme is like a desi facebook comment feed that's come to life
Quote:
This is hilarious
Unable to provide any valid arguments?

I understand that!
Old August 20, 2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-Eye
দলে ফিরলেন মুমিনুল

প্রথম টেস্টের দল থেকে মুমিনুল হকের বাদ পড়া অনেক আলোচনা-সমালোচনা জন্ম দিয়েছিল। ঠিক এমন অবস্থায় আবারও দলে ফিরলেন মুমিনুল। মোসাদ্দেক হোসেনের চোটে দলে ঢুকে পড়েছেন মুমিনুল।

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Faruk is just trying to score some brownie points here, he's just angry that he isn't the chief selector anymore. Therefore his opinions should be ignored completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Good decision. Mominul deserved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Mominul is walking wicket against quality off spin. Remember, he struggled against the great Dilruwan parera. Lyon will have him for dessert. A good decision by the coach.
Now what??

Old August 20, 2017, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Now what??

He's still not playing in the XI. The only time golden boy is going on the field is to give players water.
Old August 20, 2017, 11:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

This will be awkward as hell for Mominul. Even he gets to play in the XI, he will most likely fail due to all that drama surrounding him. Not a good environment for him or the team, I have to say.
Old August 20, 2017, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Eclipse 2.0?
Old August 21, 2017, 12:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Our cricket is a joke. No point in having a selection committee. Just let the media choose the team.
Old August 21, 2017, 12:28 AM
Cricket Savant

muminul to bete... bete der oneke dekte pare na...

as in literally

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 21, 2017, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Mominul is by far the best Test batsman and its a fact. You could not ignore Sachin in Team India's Test team even if had scored 10 ducks in a row, you cant simply drop him.
This kind of comparisons and premature hypes often does more harm than good to a budding cricketer, he is too young and untested to be called BD's best batsman.
Old August 21, 2017, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Is he? What's Shakib's networth? Surely beats Ganguly.
Not sure if Dada beats Shakib but he is pretty damn rich for a retired cricketer. President of CAB, member of BCCI selection panel, commentary, advertisements, endorsements, TV, media, hotel business etc etc.
Old August 21, 2017, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Is Shakib`s net worth really 30 million, I think it is really over exaggerated. Can someone point out some credible sources where he earns 30 million. Even with all the CPL and IPL contracts, I highly doubt he even earns that much. And by credible source please don`t suggest crictracker.

Old August 21, 2017, 02:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
This kind of comparisons and premature hypes often does more harm than good to a budding cricketer, he is too young and untested to be called BD's best batsman.
Very true.

I dont think Reyme means it though. He just needs something to go after Hathurusingha.
Old August 21, 2017, 09:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

BD's best batsman is Tamim, period.

Mominul has perhaps the highest potential to be the most reliable test batsman of BD. If he doesn't perform in 1 or 2 series, he shouldn't be dropped right away. He gets the minimum Int'l exposure as he doesn't play LOI for us and BAN don't get to play that many test matches either. But he should bat at No. 4 IMHO.
Old August 21, 2017, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Not sure if Dada beats Shakib but he is pretty damn rich for a retired cricketer. President of CAB, member of BCCI selection panel, commentary, advertisements, endorsements, TV, media, hotel business etc etc.
If you think about it, part of the reason Ganguly still pulls in so many endorsement deals is because 100 million west bengalis don't have another bengali star to root for. Which can lead to conflict of interest in Ganguly's role as President of CAB
Old August 21, 2017, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If you think about it, part of the reason Ganguly still pulls in so many endorsement deals is because 100 million west bengalis don't have another bengali star to root for. Which can lead to conflict of interest in Ganguly's role as President of CAB
Yes, you are mostly right, when it comes to cricket Dada is the idol we look up to, with a billion population and over two dozen cricket playing provinces competing with each other it is not easy to dawn the blue, he made us proud by captaining our team and is a legend of the game. Kinda like how BD, a country of 200 million, has produced only one world class star-Shakib.
Old August 21, 2017, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yes, you are mostly right, when it comes to cricket Dada is the idol we look up to, with a billion population and over two dozen cricket playing provinces competing with each other it is not easy to dawn the blue, he made us proud by captaining our team and is a legend of the game. Kinda like how BD, a country of 200 million, has produced only one world class star-Shakib.
My point wasn't to make fun of West B. It was a joke about how Ganguly is incentivized not to do his CAB President role well. Unearthing the next West Bengali star will diminish his own.

And you're right, Shakib is our one truly world class player for now. Maybe Soumya and Fizz will join him. Unlike you lots, who have all those punjabis and pathans to represent you, we have to live and die with our bangla boys.

And we are 160 million. Even Pakistan isn't 200 Million. Might get there in the next census though.
Old August 21, 2017, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
My point wasn't to make fun of West B. It was a joke about how Ganguly is incentivized not to do his CAB President role well. Unearthing the next West Bengali star will diminish his own.

And you're right, Shakib is our one truly world class player for now. Maybe Soumya and Fizz will join him. Unlike you lots, who have all those punjabis and pathans to represent you, we have to live and die with our bangla boys.

And we are 160 million. Even Pakistan isn't 200 Million. Might get there in the next census though.
I should have phrased my reply in a different way, I did not mean to make fun either, we Bengalis are not exactly known for our athleticism and sporting prowess, although we did make exceptions time to time. Kolkata used to be the soccer heartland of India, we had a formidable soccer team till 80's and Indian Bengalis used to lead the pack, Chuni Goswami, Shailen Manna, P.K Bannerjee to name a few, emergence of cricket impacted our soccer culture in a negative way. We did produce some fantastic Table Tennis players, Poulomi Ghotok, Mouma Das are highly accomplished. Rinki Pramanik another fabulous track athlete who won gold in Asian games which is a real big deal, then there is Jhulan Goswami one of the best bowlers in women's cricket, Dola Bannerjee in Archery, with the inspirational performance in the last Olympic our Produnova girl Dipa Karmakar has become a household name. Leander Paes the biggest tennis star from South Asia is a Bengali too and a direct descendant of Michael Madhusudan Dutta. There are many more I can't recollect all the names now.

I don't want to start a di$k measuring contest but I think many Bangladeshis harbor some misconceptions about Indian Bengalis that need to be corrected. If you put your biases aside you will find out Indian Bengalis actually achieved way more than Bangladeshis in sports. You started to shine in cricket only recently while in soccer it is almost even, but in other sports and athletics there is literally no comparisons, we have won medals in Olympics, Asian games, SAF games everywhere, not sure how many Bangladeshis achieved that.

We are not 100 million BTW, 80-85 million max.

Last edited by Roy_1; August 21, 2017 at 11:57 PM..
Old August 21, 2017, 07:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^disagree that Indian Bengalis achieved more than Bangladeshis in sport.

Maybe you don't know many of the same sports people from BD. I will leave cricket for obvious reasons but we had many accomplished football players. Dhaka football and clubs are on par with Kolkata football. Aslam, Munna, Alfaz, Sabbir, Chunnu, Salahuddin, Kaiser Hamid were tremendous football players. Even Kolkata clubs acknowledge their accomplishments.

On chess, rani hamid holds Guinness world records. We have few other grandmasters such as Niyaz and others. On shooting, Asif Ahmed won commonwealth medals. On golf, siddikur won some major tour and recently became third on a German tour. There's a guy who plays football on MLS.

There are more and these are just top of my head.

Indians in general as a nation has achieved more of course. But between the two bengals, I think Bangladesh is more prominent.

I mean brozen das was the first person to freaking cross the English Channel. Very few can beat that.
Old August 21, 2017, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

^Brojen Das crossed not just once, but a bunch of times and even held the record for the fastest swim. Absolute legend.

I think it's unfair to say West Bengalis achieved more. They get to benefit from the resources of all of India. Most of our short history was focused more on surviving a genocide and the ensuing famine. In a way, our best athletes were the freedom fighters of 71. You have gold in archery, we have sonar bangla through shooting.

Corniness aside, as our resources and infrastructure gets better, you will see a lot more athletes emerging from BD. If you want proof of what Bangladeshis can do with better opportunities, look up all the Brit Bangladeshi atheletes:

1) Ali Jacko - former World Kickboxing champ
2) Ruqsana Begum - current World muay thai boxing champ
3) Hamza Chowdhury - plays for champion side Leicester City (half Black but still counts)
4) Shamit Shome - 19 year old MLS player (Canadian Bangladeshi)

I'm sure there's more but I love boxing and soccer so these are the names I know.
Old August 21, 2017, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^disagree that Indian Bengalis achieved more than Bangladeshis in sport.

Maybe you don't know many of the same sports people from BD. I will leave cricket for obvious reasons but we had many accomplished football players. Dhaka football and clubs are on par with Kolkata football. Aslam, Munna, Alfaz, Sabbir, Chunnu, Salahuddin, Kaiser Hamid were tremendous football players. Even Kolkata clubs acknowledge their accomplishments.

On chess, rani hamid holds Guinness world records. We have few other grandmasters such as Niyaz and others. On shooting, Asif Ahmed won commonwealth medals. On golf, siddikur won some major tour and recently became third on a German tour. There's a guy who plays football on MLS.

There are more and these are just top of my head.

Indians in general as a nation has achieved more of course. But between the two bengals, I think Bangladesh is more prominent.

I mean brozen das was the first person to freaking cross the English Channel. Very few can beat that.
How many medals in Olympics, Asian games, commonwealth and SAF games ? I am sure we are way ahead there, lets not go into Gunness and English channels, both nations have plenty of them, heard of Masud ur Rahman Baidya? World's first physically handicapped swimmer to swim across the Strait of Gibraltar, as I said we can't come to a conclusion until we compare the medal tally from world sporting events. India used to be a major soccer force in Asia till 80's after that we have gone down drastically, the soccer players I named they are absolute legends, there was a time when we used to beat Japan, Korea and China for fun, still East Bengal and Mohun Bagan remains the oldest and most significant soccer clubs in South Asia. But there is a recent resurgence in soccer after we started our own pro soccer league, I am hoping for the best I believe we will be able to reclaim our lost glory someday.

Last edited by Roy_1; August 21, 2017 at 11:59 PM..
Old August 21, 2017, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

With all that said, I always root for a West Bengali athlete if I see one. And hope to see more coming through, even if they represent India. Won't let arguing in a message board lead me to root against my own ethnicity.