facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Do we need a "Learn from there mistakes" section?
Yes, It'd be educational 2 16.67%
No (state reason please) 5 41.67%
Yes, for the lulz 5 41.67%
Can't decide 0 0%
Other (care to elaborate?) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 11, 2010, 05:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Default Do we need a "Learn from their mistakes" Section?

Recently, we have seen another spike in banishment of members. It is clear that people are forgetting what sort of behaviour is not acceptable here. Board rules are there, but do you think an example / illustration would be better?

I have seen subsections in many forums where "Epic Fails", "Trolls", "Asking for the banstick" type posts / threads were thrown in. The benefits is that newbies and some times the not so newbies always get a reminder the kind of behaviour expected of them. Not to mention the lol factor.

The other side of the coin is that people will laugh or bash a certain banned user, who is totally unable to defend himself. For example, if nzfans last few words were ever published, he could lose quite a lot of friends here in BC. Also, it may intimidate the newbies a bit too much (though some times that's a good thing).

May be this subsection could be locked, i.e., viewing only and no posting. I'm sure if mods do decide to do this, they'll find a way to make it even. I know when it comes to this sort of question, mods' decision are final and my opinion doesn't count.

Nevertheless, I'm curious. What do you think. Would this be a good thing or a bad thing?

Last edited by Ashfaq; April 11, 2010 at 06:21 PM..

Old April 11, 2010, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

their mistakes!

I think this is the prefect thread to play that purpose - epic fail, trolls, idiotin and banworthy comments etc.

Last edited by Orpheus; April 11, 2010 at 06:14 PM..
Old April 11, 2010, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

There already is one. It's called "Read Me First: Forum Rules."
Old April 11, 2010, 06:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Oops, .

Elementary mistake. Should have been Their.
Old April 11, 2010, 07:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Just a sober "Banned Unfairly" thread will suffice which can be accessible by the banned members to defend themselves perhaps or state their reasons for infraction?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 11, 2010, 07:31 PM
Administrator

There is no such thing as banned unfairly. Get over it.
Old April 11, 2010, 07:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Sorry, I meant "Banned Unfairly?"

Just something I saw in other forums where some people erroneusly believe that they have been banned unfairly.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 12, 2010, 12:02 AM

Since all our members are such smart, wise and intelligent people, we moderators have full confidence in you all to be guided very well by:

The Forum Rules
Old April 12, 2010, 01:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I think it was decided a long time ago that no shame game would be played here.
Being banned is singled out enough, no need to highlight those posts or the circumstances leading to the ban. I personally might not agree with banning few members here, but i'm not a mod. At the end of the day, its their decision and i have to respect that.

Highlighting their eventual 'banned' post would further fuel more arguments.
We dont need that crap.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 12, 2010, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I think it was decided a long time ago that no shame game would be played here.
Being banned is singled out enough, no need to highlight those posts or the circumstances leading to the ban. I personally might not agree with banning few members here, but i'm not a mod. At the end of the day, its their decision and i have to respect that.

Highlighting their eventual 'banned' post would further fuel more arguments.

We dont need that crap.
well said!
Old April 12, 2010, 08:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Personally...I'm pretty much sure that almost none of the members actually care enough to pay attention to the forum rules after signing up as a newbie. Most of the members possibly went through certain clause of it after stumbling a few times over some edgy encounters with other members/mods and then getting an infraction.

And we would care to take our time going through 'hall of shame' like that?
Old April 12, 2010, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

How about a Banned member gets to have one or two PMs only to the Mods/admins? Personal apology or remorse can always be a good thing.

Nothing visible ofcourse!!
Old April 13, 2010, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
How about a Banned member gets to have one or two PMs only to the Mods/admins? Personal apology or remorse can always be a good thing.

Nothing visible of course!!
exactly! these things should be done privately&personally.Other public got nothing to convince officials to unban a banned.moreover no one can be motivated from their mistakes unless he himself doesnt realize the importance of rules & regulation . =(
Old April 13, 2010, 03:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Since all our members are such smart, wise and intelligent people, we moderators have full confidence in you all to be guided very well by:

The Forum Rules
Since when did you become so sarcastic ammar?

anyways, for those of you saying things like allow PMs blah blah blah:

Quote:
B.3: If you disagree with a moderator's action, please U2U moderators for explanation
Sure once you are banned, you can't access u2u - that's the unfortunate feature of this site I guess but you can email them - their addresses are somewhere on this website. Given that moderators and admins on this site are good natured human beings and on top of that Bangladeshi cricket lovers, it's hard for me to fathom - how with all these tools at one's hand - some one would still manage to get permanently banned.

You know in one of the thread's (members missing thread) - Shardul commented something in the line of amar shomoi shesh, pray for me - if he was smart enough to see that - maybe he should have done something about it. And since nobody knows what he wrote that got him banned, chances are high - he wrote something stupid via u2u (that is a BIG NO NO). you simply don't do that - even if you are right (ofcourse you are always right) - u still don't do that.. LOL

An example: If a mugger hold a gun against your head and asks for money - no matter how injustice that might be - you give the money. Because that is the right thing to do. You don't say F YOU AHOLE. I am not saying our mods are muggers but you get the point.

If you don't know how to stop after a warning is given to you - then I think you deserve to get banned.

that's my 2 dolla!
Old April 13, 2010, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Here:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...postcount=1101
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...postcount=1103
He saw that coming...He knew it....still he probably thought Allah or his frequent presence is gonna save him. He knew that if he gets banned, some of you here will ask him to have him back. He thought he was invincible like Ashraful and started to perform bad. He got too confident for his own good. No one is above the rules -

But it is not what we say that's gonna bring him back but what he says I suppose. Shardul, you are probably reading this and if I were you Shardul, I would email the admin and mods who got involved in your ban and show a genuine remorse and respect for this forum and for what they do here. I am sure you will be back here in no time.

But if you think that's is too much for your ego (because apparently you don't have respect for anyone but Allah - and you probably got banned in the first place for that), Allah help you!
Old April 13, 2010, 05:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Here:
He saw that coming...He knew it....still he probably thought Allah or his frequent presence is gonna save him. He knew that if he gets banned, some of you here will ask him to have him back. He thought he was invincible like Ashraful and started to perform bad. He got too confident for his own good. No one is above the rules -

But it is not what we say that's gonna bring him back but what he says I suppose. Shardul, you are probably reading this and if I were you Shardul, I would email the admin and mods who got involved in your ban and show a genuine remorse and respect for this forum and for what they do here. I am sure you will be back here in no time.

But if you think that's is too much for your ego (because apparently you don't have respect for anyone but Allah - and you probably got banned in the first place for that), Allah help you!

So where did Shardul go wrong? Any way to find out so other members know what sort of behavior/posts to avoid ?
Old April 13, 2010, 05:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Here:

You are anticipating too much. Isn't it like beating a deadman?

Last edited by WarWolf; April 13, 2010 at 08:23 AM..
Old April 13, 2010, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

First of all, I'll say mods here are doing an exceptional job. As some have already mentioned, this is a thankless job yet the quality of services they deliver to us is of the highest order. They are all intelligent, friendly people with great communication skills. More importantly, I have no doubt they'll all ace Ali_Max's GRE-esque english exams . That said, I still like the idea of a "Learn from their mistakes" section. I personally don't care whether people go there to derive sardonic pleasure or not, as it's all become part of today's wonderful world of online forum life, as long as it serves the main purpose -- to exemplify what not to do -- I'm all for it.

Most cases where disputes arise can be seen and judged in black and white terms. Reasons for banning are pretty clear-cut and simple. Spamming, advertising, name calling, etc. But there are times when it gets tricky and the reasons for banning aren't as straightforward.

Here's an example, recently I had multiple encounters with a troll (I won't say his/her name because it's not important and the person may have even mended his/her ways since). He/she would try to harass me, put words in my mouth (claim I said something which I never really did), insult my country (Bangladesh) and get on my nerves by responding to my posts even when they weren't directed to him. As I noticed he/she kept getting away with impunity, at some point I sort of lost my cool and said something to him I shouldn't have said, although I did it because I honestly didn't know it would get me in trouble. Despite being a member since 2005, I was a relatively new active user at that time. After that incidence I got banned without any warning, but the other person never got banned.

I still have faith in the moderators and find them fair, and to avoid misunderstanding I'll reiterate I got banned because I overstepped the bounds, but it goes to show having a section like that could only help newbies better understand what to avoid; If a picture is worth a thousand words, an example should be worth at least a few hundred, right?
Old April 13, 2010, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
So where did Shardul go wrong? Any way to find out so other members know what sort of behavior/posts to avoid ?
I don't know. My point was shardul KNEW where he was going wrong from those posts of his.

Listen banglatiger84, you are one of the most well behaved and smart member here. You don't have to learn anything... people should learn from you. I know everyone is curious why he got banned. Instead of asking the mods (they will NOT tell you - if you didn't figure that out already - it's a privileged knowledge)...

what you can do is ask SHARDUL. Some of you here have him on facebook - go dig deeper and let us know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by warwolf
You are anticipating too much. Isn't it like beating a deadman?
Listen, I wrote or hypothesized based on what is available to me publicly. I come up with own conclusions. Call that power of observation - something that I should be good at. But hey I am probably completely wrong.

I am sure shardul is enjoying this ban. Look we are all talking about him. Nothing is gonna change by what we say here - beside a close look at the situation by the admins, i still think he HAS to unban himself.

Anyways, I wish him luck and I miss his presence and I hope he decides to come back better, stronger and more likeable.