facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 10, 2004, 10:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Bangladesh will win the Asia Cup

YOU MIGHT THINK I'M BEING OPTIMISTIC BUT FOR SOME REASON I BELIEVE THAT BANGLADESH WILL WIN THE ASIA CUP.

[Edited on 7-15-2004 by chinaman : Please use small caps whenever possible. Thanks.]

Old July 10, 2004, 10:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

:duh:wats r da reason.........?
Old July 10, 2004, 11:19 AM

I love to see that, but how it could be!!
Old July 10, 2004, 09:11 PM
Club Cricketer

1. Bangladesh look a more confident side under the leadership of Bashar, who also leads by example in his batting.
2. We have a coach who knows every thing about Sri Lankan playing conditions.
3.Since the victory against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh have come very close to winning in their last 4 ODI's.
4. We have got depth in our batting.
5. We have got plenty of spinners who can also bat.
6. The team arrived in Sri Lanka way before everyone else which gives them a slender advantage of getting use to the conditions.
7. The players body language on the field is very positive.
8. I won't be surprised if one or two of the opposition fear Bangladesh causing an upset against them as they see the games against Bangladesh is a must win game hence the pressure is on. I don't think Pakistan will be too eager to face Bangladesh.

These are just a few ingredients for a major Bangladesh win. We have seen out the dull days and must look forward to the light. Inshallah Bangladesh will win this Asia Cup:tiger::tiger::tiger::fanflag :
Old July 10, 2004, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, pigs fly too!
Old July 11, 2004, 01:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Emotion is useful when used as a performance enhancer. It is of little use when used as a substitute for judgement. For judgements such as who will win the Asia cup, one needs to keep the following points in mind:

1. The team hoping to win the Asia cup will need to win at least 5 matches in the tournament.
2. There are three former world Champion teams playing in the tournament. The team aspiring to win the tournament will have to beat at least 2 former World Champions.
3. One may have to beat the same team for a maximum of three times in the same tournament.
3. Some of the wins will have to be secured by batting second and chasing totals in excess of 250.
4. The team hoping to win will have to bat against some of the most dangerous bowling of the world( and thrash them successfully)and bowl against some of the most destructive batsmen of the world (and contain them) successfully.
5. The above factors make it a real tall order for an aspiring Asia Cup champion,even if it happens to be a former World cup champion. For others the enormity of the task is much more.

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by cricketfan]

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by cricketfan]
Old July 11, 2004, 08:34 AM
Street Cricketer

well.. lets all keep dreaming.. n mayb pigs will fly one fine day...

---> [NO OFFENCE] i'm also a major BD fan
Old July 11, 2004, 10:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Emotion is useful when used as a performance enhancer. It is of little use when used as a substitute for judgement. For judgements such as who will win the Asia cup, one needs to keep the following points in mind:

1. The team hoping to win the Asia cup will need to win at least 5 matches in the tournament.
2. There are three former world Champion teams playing in the tournament. The team aspiring to win the tournament will have to beat at least 2 former World Champions.
3. One may have to beat the same team for a maximum of three times in the same tournament.
3. Some of the wins will have to be secured by batting second and chasing totals in excess of 250.
4. The team hoping to win will have to bat against some of the most dangerous bowling of the world( and thrash them successfully)and bowl against some of the most destructive batsmen of the world (and contain them) successfully.
5. The above factors make it a real tall order for an aspiring Asia Cup champion,even if it happens to be a former World cup champion. For others the enormity of the task is much more.

You seem to be very negative regarding Bangladesh cricket. You have to remember Bangladesh have the ability to beat any team in world cricket, it's just a matter of how and when they implement this ability to the fullest. You also have to remember that any sports game is won on the field so you should tear up the form books because the best team on the day will win and who knows maybe it will be Bangladesh. I think if we get one major win under our belts then Inshallah that will boost our confidence and I can't see Bangladesh losing from then on. So just one major win can trigger Bangladesh for a major upset. You have to believe to achieve. So watch out Pakistan.

:tiger::tiger::tiger:
Old July 11, 2004, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Scenario: Bangladesh v West Indies (1st ODI)…..Bangladesh 144/8(50 overs)….I had my final exams going on….Had a tough paper the following day at 10:00am….I stayed awake till 4 in the morning and couldn’t sleep at all as we lost by a wicket which we neva should have lost if a pacer was given the ball instead of the part-time off-spin of Saleh….I ended up getting below par grades in that paper…but no regrets….I just wrote this to give u an idea of how big a fan I am of Bangladesh cricket….. and In spite of all that….I just can’t see our team winning this trophy….One or even two upsets may be…..but to win the trophy…!!!.....PIGS FLY !!!!
Old July 12, 2004, 04:15 AM

If Greece can win EURO then how come we not win ASIA CUP ( if we look that way )
As long as we are playing this tournament, there is always a possibility.
Old July 12, 2004, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Well, since the Greece issue has been brought up, I'd like to make a point here. In my opinion, soccer is a much more unpredictable game than cricket. It's not unusual for a team ranked 40 to beat a team in the top ten. However, you don't see that happening in cricket so often. Previous soccer world cups have witnessed the rise of teams like Senegal, Korea, Bulgaria, Croatia, etc. Euro 2004 has experienced a Greek legend. However, similar upsets are not so common in cricket. We did see Kenya reaching the semi finals in the last world cup, but yet, similar achievements are not so easy to come by for most weak nations.

However, miracles can happen, and we will need one of those to win the Asia cup this time.
Old July 12, 2004, 05:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Well, since the Greece issue has been brought up, I'd like to make a point here. In my opinion, soccer is a much more unpredictable game than cricket. It's not unusual for a team ranked 40 to beat a team in the top ten. However, you don't see that happening in cricket so often. Previous soccer world cups have witnessed the rise of teams like Senegal, Korea, Bulgaria, Croatia, etc. Euro 2004 has experienced a Greek legend. However, similar upsets are not so common in cricket. We did see Kenya reaching the semi finals in the last world cup, but yet, similar achievements are not so easy to come by for most weak nations.

However, miracles can happen, and we will need one of those to win the Asia cup this time.
I do not think "beating number 1 by number 40" means football is more unpredicttable than cricket. I think the "difference" between number 1 and 40 in football is smaller than the "difference" between number 6 and 10 in cricket thats is why do not see BD too often.
Old July 12, 2004, 05:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TAIF
1. Bangladesh look a more confident side under the leadership of Bashar, who also leads by example in his batting.
2. We have a coach who knows every thing about Sri Lankan playing conditions.
3.Since the victory against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh have come very close to winning in their last 4 ODI's.
4. We have got depth in our batting.
5. We have got plenty of spinners who can also bat.
6. The team arrived in Sri Lanka way before everyone else which gives them a slender advantage of getting use to the conditions.
7. The players body language on the field is very positive.
8. I won't be surprised if one or two of the opposition fear Bangladesh causing an upset against them as they see the games against Bangladesh is a must win game hence the pressure is on. I don't think Pakistan will be too eager to face Bangladesh.

These are just a few ingredients for a major Bangladesh win. We have seen out the dull days and must look forward to the light. Inshallah Bangladesh will win this Asia Cup:tiger::tiger::tiger::fanflag :
i agree wif u bro tht we got everythin tht u discribe above, but we don hav the important thing tht is, the good xperience of random winning against big team.......we won few ODI against the bigs, but they r realy few.......wif this little xperience we cant won the cup, may b we can win against a big team......not more then tht....
Old July 12, 2004, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

Not sure which is unpredictable, football or cricket.
What I meant to say was "a chance of win" always remains when you play the game.
As you can see this thread says BANGLADESH WILL WIN THE ASIA CUP,
so atleast there is a chance when BD is playing this tournament!

As you said wining ASIA CUP will be a miracle for BD.
Old July 14, 2004, 04:40 AM
Test Cricketer

WAKE UPPPPPPPPP!!!
Old July 22, 2004, 11:20 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Bangladesh can win the Asia cup

Well,they might win the Asia cup.It's true that Bangladesh has beaten Hong Kong.Canadia can also beat Hong Kong as they beat Bangladesh in the 2003 world cup.But it will be very hard this time in The Asia cup because they had to face teams like INDIA,PAKISTAN and Sri Lanka.Bangladesh is already beaten by India in the first super league match of the Asia cup.Now,they have to face PAKISTAN and SRILANKA.So,The Tigers should prepare themselves.But every cloud has a silver lining.And there is a little chance for Bangladesh to win THE ASIA CUP.:tiger:
Old July 22, 2004, 02:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

yeh maybe they will win but SRI LANKA looks Stronger at the moment..... dont u think so?

[Edited on 22-7-2004 by nishy]
Old July 23, 2004, 12:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

TAIF I am with you. BD will go all the way. If pig doesn't want fly, we will put the pig on cricketFans chopper, he will give it a lift, wouln't you cricketfan?
Old July 23, 2004, 10:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Pigs will not just fly, they will fly in formation
Old July 23, 2004, 10:39 AM
Club Cricketer

No harm in being optimistic.
Inshallah we will win the Asia cup one day. By the way when is the next Asia cup tournament and who are the hosts ? Does anyone know ?

BRING ON PAKISTAN
Let's end this Tournament on a High
Old July 23, 2004, 10:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

its loks like Sri Lanka are in the final and bangladesh are out
Old July 23, 2004, 12:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default BD will win the Asia Cup: TAIF forgot to mention the year!

BD will actually win the Asia Cup in the year 2084!! (if there is anything called ASIA till then!)

if u look at it that way... u can't really say TAIF is wrong!!

he never really said they will win the 2004 AsiaCup!
Old July 23, 2004, 03:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

It looks like Dav also beleived in that (BD will pla the final) before the yesterday's game. Even he expressed that to the media.

Here is four lines on that:

Nei dhaal, nei tolowar
Whatmore shordaar
"Haar hobey Srilankar"
Nishchit matha kharap taar.
Old July 23, 2004, 08:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

YAH..BAnglaDesh will win Asia cup.....Asia brand cup of tea.

Prohor
Old July 24, 2004, 08:31 AM
Street Cricketer

Default No need to get upset

Give these boyz time and they will become what they have abilities to become, i.e great players. The only thing that they dont need right now is destructive criticism from us.

Let their time come and true greatness will follow.