facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 16, 2007, 05:54 PM
Street Cricketer

Default The Post-Mortem of BD Cricket

There u goes guys, atlast our Cricketers have sunk all our hopes at the Caribbian ocean. When we start thinking about high hopes and even palcing our team at the semi-final, right at that time our young stars showed thier unprofessional preformances towards the brand new team Ireland. All remarks goes to Ireland who have shown a remakable performances in this WCC 2007 being the first time ever and not even have any test status. And us? Having the most famous coach, trainer and physio-therapist on our back couldn't showed a game winning performance against them. All of us trying to find the answer: Where the true status for BD cricket lies? How long we have to enjoy the heart-breaking Circus shows of our Tigers? And did they have any standard as a team in the competition?

Ireland might have cashed in on the bite-less bowling and poor fielding but achieving a total of 244 never looked like an impossible task. Here lies the real problem of Bangladesh cricket because even in an otherwise impressive show in the Caribbean, the batting remained a real headache. It has been also proved that the team-management has agonisingly failed to fin
A good team may rise and fall in batting and bowling but how one can accept inconsistency in their fielding efforts? The reality is Bangladesh fielding was only good on a day when all other departments clicked simultaneously.
d any answer about the opening pair.

We still keep playnig our opening batting line-up. We caused javed Omar because of his slow order playnig tendency, but what the hell is Shahreear Nafis has given to us. Is there anyone to tell our team manager our so called selector that can;t they see that nafis is out of form at this moments and why ther r trying to test his luck and putting our team jeopadry? The man who can't even go for double figure, how came we putting him on best-eleven? Then comes the Aftab, no doubt that he has a strong arm and like to play stroke but that doesn't mean that he will come to the first-down. What is worng with our team? Is there anyone in our team to tell him that You have to chase 244 runs. Where the ireland made only 3 sixes and 6 boundaries at all 50 overs where as our young hot-blooded tigers started to hit sixes and boundaries right from the beginning. Seemed like they didn't wanna take singles and doubles.

Lets talk about our Catain. How lucky we could be to have a captain like Bashar. Captain means the role-model. Leader to follows and to get inspired from, but our captain is completly at the different side. he is more concern about his captency rather than his performace and to take the team at the winning mark. He showed his sloppy perfomances at the fieldings and batting. Thanks Allah that he don't know how to ball, otherwise it could another triple poor contribiution for our team. We played 50 overs yeasterday, and out of that untill 35 overs kept the same fielding stratagy. He was too busy to save the boundaries, but didn't realise that Irish has taken 6 runs by singles and doubles in every overs. While modern cricket has going through aggressive and more technical, we still relay on playing same old orthodox style. Is there anyone can tell our so called Captain by holding his ear that, " Do U have any idea what r u doing?" After that all this clown shows by him, if he still remains captain for our team, then I am telling folks don't get dis-hearted , we still have much more heart-breaking hick-up comming up for our BD Cricket.

Old April 16, 2007, 06:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

crazy2cric:

1. Post-mortem is done when something is dead. BD cricket is very much alive, and it's coming up high.

2. BD team won a million hearts all around the world. Sadly enough, it lost your heart. May be you need to follow their cricket more closely.

3. I don't know whether BD is cursed to have a captain like Bashar, or if it's blessed. I sure know that BD is lucky enough to have a captain like Bashar, who among wrong things, does somethings right. The proof is when we win big matches, against big teams. May be BD needs to be luckier for a better captain...which may be something to desire for. But no, BD's not unlucky to have Bashar. Show respect when it's due.
Old April 16, 2007, 06:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

kabir bhai.. chaira den to.. dekhenna matro 11ta post.. so bujhen to.....
Old April 17, 2007, 07:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Welcome to the Forums.

You only got 11 posts. Who are YOU to do a Post-mortem of BD Cricket when there are so many Senior members here ?!!

Last edited by zahid; April 17, 2007 at 08:52 AM..
Old April 17, 2007, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

I have a better post mortem.

Frighteningly young, frighteningly talented side.

Can beat India and South Africa, then lose to Ireland.

Deserves close observation over the next few years.

And, if you can't cope with this, grow a backbone.

Ian Whitchurch
Old April 17, 2007, 08:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Post Mortem I need just one sentence

We are still minnows
Old April 17, 2007, 09:06 AM
Test Cricketer

we should take out the tiger logo from the jersey...
Old April 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
Cricket Guru

BangladeshCricket: You should take out Bangladesh out of your title.
Old April 17, 2007, 09:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
crazy2cric:

3. I don't know whether BD is cursed to have a captain like Bashar, or if it's blessed. I sure know that BD is lucky enough to have a captain like Bashar, who among wrong things, does somethings right. The proof is when we win big matches, against big teams. May be BD needs to be luckier for a better captain...which may be something to desire for. But no, BD's not unlucky to have Bashar. Show respect when it's due.
Ki respect respect koren Kabir bhai? Respect is "earned" you cant force someone to show respect. And the two matches you are referring, the captains contribution was minimal. It was Tamim/Mushy/Sakib and our bowlers who played a major part in our victory against India. It was Ashraful and again our bowlers who earned us the victory against SA.Its funny how you cant see this. You want me to show respect to Bashar just because he was the captain??? What was his contribution may I ask you?
Old April 17, 2007, 09:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocha
Ki respect respect koren Kabir bhai? Respect is "earned" you cant force someone to show respect. And the two matches you are referring, the captains contribution was minimal. It was Tamim/Mushy/Sakib and our bowlers who played a major part in our victory against India. It was Ashraful and again our bowlers who earned us the victory against SA.Its funny how you cant see this. You want me to show respect to Bashar just because he was the captain??? What was his contribution may I ask you?
Aray bhai, that's the problem here that I'm referring to. When the team wins, you highlight the players that played good. Not the captain. But when the team fails, you highlight the captain, but not the players who didn't perform. You tell me, is that respectful? I'm not saying that we have to do his pooja coz he's our captain. But think of it technically. If you showed minimal respect to Bashar, you wouldn't just blame him for everything, and not appreciate for anything.

Ekhon kotha hoilo, if you would still agree with me or not. It's come to a point, where I really can't change anyone's views. I can't change mine either. So we may have to agree on disagreeing in this regard
Old April 17, 2007, 09:55 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Post-mortem is just a fancy term for noobs who pretend they know something about cricket.
Old April 17, 2007, 09:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
BangladeshCricket: You should take out Bangladesh out of your title.
good one! I guess I will if they keep on playing like this.
Old April 17, 2007, 10:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Look, i am personally over it, sure I was very disappointed the day it happened, and when I woke up the next day it seemed like a bad dream. Ireland are a talented side, they played to their potential we didn't.

Just like when we beat South Africa, it meant we played great, and that we had talent, but it does not mean that we are a better team than South Africa. Similarly, Ireland beating us does not mean that they are a better team than us, talented, yes, but not better.
Old April 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Sakib, Mash

bangladesh cricket is growing day by day..nd our tigers r becoming more nd more frightning tigers...NOT POST-MORTEM!!

go! tigers go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 17, 2007, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Aray bhai, that's the problem here that I'm referring to. When the team wins, you highlight the players that played good. Not the captain. But when the team fails, you highlight the captain, but not the players who didn't perform. You tell me, is that respectful? I'm not saying that we have to do his pooja coz he's our captain. But think of it technically. If you showed minimal respect to Bashar, you wouldn't just blame him for everything, and not appreciate for anything.

Ekhon kotha hoilo, if you would still agree with me or not. It's come to a point, where I really can't change anyone's views. I can't change mine either. So we may have to agree on disagreeing in this regard
good post. Describes a lot on those comments that we are seeing all over BC.
Old April 17, 2007, 08:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Most of us were shoked becasue we took Ireland too lightly!..Which no team shud do. Every time every team took Bangladesh lightly we beat them. So there should be a lesson to learn. It seems like we failed to learn that lesson.
It goes for Fans aswell.
In few other threads I kept posting to calm down and look at as a real threat..then probably we won't b too disappointed. Finally I am over it and ready to follow the next game .. Win or Lose we are always with Bangladesh .