facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2005, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Default Worst Umpiring you ever saw?

One: This was just before SL was WC winner. They went to AUS before the WC and were playing very well cause before then SL was like BD so no one gave a damm… So the AUssi umps started to give wrong dicision number of times to keep them down… but the best one was in one of the ODIs… I think Joysuriya cut/pulled and wanted two/one (then he use to bat at number 6 and sl was doing a very good chase with joy scoring very fast) anyway the ball came in and the ump called for the 3rd ump and tv ump gave him out… I though this will be very close but was confident that joy made it but when the slowmo was on I was stunned cause when the ball came in he crossed not only the line but the wkt keeper and still the 3rd ump game him out… wow

Two: Can’t remember which team it was playing against India but the 1st ball of the innings the fast bowler(vass) put it in wide of the batsman and he (jadeja) chased it and had a big big nick and the ball went to 2nd/3rd slip and the catch was taken. Every one appealed and the ump raised his hand (so what we though with the fielding team) and every one enjoying.. the wkt keeper ran toward the bowler so was the slip people and the batsman started to walk and then suddenly every one saw that the Indian ump was fixing his hat while saying notout…. In the slomo again they showed that the ump raised his finger and stopped for a fraction of a second and then straight used that hand and finger to adjust his Hat..

Guys do u remembers anymore then add to the list…

Edited on, February 24, 2005, 2:59 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Reason: corrected the bowlers name

Old February 24, 2005, 09:49 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Two: Can’t remember which team it was playing against India but the 1st ball of the innings the fast bowler(Donald) put it in wide of the batsman and he (jadeja) chased it and had a big big nick
http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/...10/a10894.html was the match and Prof RC Sharma the umpire. Poor chap died a couple of years later in a road accident.

Three

The shoulder before wicket
Old February 24, 2005, 10:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ashoka De Silva springs to mind !!

Anyone remember him ??
Old February 24, 2005, 11:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

some umpire of BD.. is close contender of Worst Umpire of the year. But Asoka Da Silva will be worst all of them.
Old February 24, 2005, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

"Prof RC Sharma was the umpire. Poor chap died a couple of years later in a road accident."

The poor chap was not good enough for the big league (International matches). I doubt if he ever stood again for any international match.

He seemed indecisive and confused throughout the match.

He missed many a no-balls, all against the Indian team and i was getting upset. Then there was that not-out decision and i laughed out aloud.

The opposition was SL and they won the match of the dead rubber which was already won by India.
Old February 24, 2005, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Btw, it was more of a comical/funny decision than a bad decision. I was rolling on the floor at how the umpire had tricked the bowler, the batsman, the spectators and even the commentators .

I am sure everyone except the bowler was quite amused.
Old February 24, 2005, 12:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISH AHMED
Ashoka De Silva springs to mind
Old February 24, 2005, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yeah...no one can overtake Ashoke in this category...
Old February 24, 2005, 06:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77

Can’t remember which team it was playing against India but the 1st ball of the innings the fast bowler(vass) put it in wide of the batsman and he (jadeja) chased it and had a big big nick and the ball went to 2nd/3rd slip and the catch was taken.
Edited on, February 24, 2005, 2:59 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Reason: corrected the bowlers name

If it is Vass then it Sri Lanka aginst India.
Old February 24, 2005, 06:25 PM
Test Cricketer

This was a second division match more than 20 years ago. My team was playind against the eventual runner-up that year. We 'had' one of the umpires in the bag and they had the other one. We were batting and this time 'their' ump was the leg umpire and the other one 'ours'. So there was a shout for LBW and our umpire who's call it was said no. The leg umpire (theirs) comes charging at the other ump saying that was out. Imagine the leg umpire trying to overrule an LBW descision. Anyway, they had an argument for almost 5 minute then decided the batsman was out. Strangest thing. We still talk about it whenever a few of us get together and have a good laugh.

Edited on, February 24, 2005, 11:31 PM GMT, by couger.