facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 14, 2009, 12:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AC Gilchrist
Default Congratz from Australia!

Well, from Boston technically, but from an Aussie at least. Second Test win and first away from home! Enjoy the feeling fellas, it's sweet isn't it. Great performance from your team, taking wickets when time is running out is always laden with pressure but your guys responded and they will reap the fruits of this in future matches to come. Test cricket is all about the mental side of things, and the fact that your team pulled it off - minus its captain - shows that they stayed strong when the pressure was on.

The true challenge will come against better teams, but this experience can only do good. It will have given the players the confidence that they can win, and give them faith to back their own ability. It's these moments that improve players' judgments and you clearly won the 50-50 moments in this Test. Hopefully the players celebrate tonight, but don't get carried away and realise that the job's only partly done, and exhibit a killer instinct and grind their oppo into the Caribbean dust next match. Player for player you are better than the WI team and you should prove that by making a statement, that would be invaluable for the team's confidence.

In the meantime, enjoy the win! Happy for you guys. You did better than we did against England (took all wickets you needed on the last day).

Old July 14, 2009, 12:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Thanks OZGOD. Appreciated.
Old July 14, 2009, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Thank You. This win is actually not worthy. But your gratitude is appreciated.
Old July 14, 2009, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZGOD
In the meantime, enjoy the win! Happy for you guys. You did better than we did against England (took all wickets you needed on the last day).
Don't worry. You will make it next time.
Old July 14, 2009, 12:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Excellent and a warm thank you to dear OZGOD bro!
It means a lot to me, us! Yes it's a very happy day indeed!
Thank you also our dear coach Jamie Siddons, congrats coach!
Long live the love between tigers' BD and the coach's country!
Long live the brotherfood and friendship between Bangladesh and Australia!
Old July 14, 2009, 12:36 AM
Inactive

Favorite Player: John Rennie

thanx

*looks forward to Congrats from Venezuela thread*
Old July 14, 2009, 12:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
Thank You. This win is actually not worthy. But your gratitude is appreciated.
Why is it not worthy? A win is a win. Don't get lulled into the mindset of "but it was a shlt team we should have beaten them". Should have and did are two different states. You can only play who's in front of you, and you executed well in this match. Your team was under pressure in trying to take all 10 WI wickets with 15 overs to go on Day 5, with your captain injured and off the field, and it was able to do it. The batsmen responded with Tamim scoring a ton, and the bowlers responding by taking the 10 wickets needed. That in itself should give BD a massive confidence boost. That's how you develop a winning mentality and mental fortitude - by winning, no matter who it's against. Whoever you won against doesn't matter - the fact is you won. The goal is to keep winning (again no matter who it's again, they all blur into each other after a while).
Old July 14, 2009, 12:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Thanks OZGOD. Truely appreciate your warm gesture.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

I'm sure Siddons and Mashrafe will be saying, "don't take the foot off the petal, they are in disarray, now is the time to strike and grind them into the dust". It's not your fault that WI cricket is in a shambles and can't organise itself. Take advantage. Make them regret being in a shambles, If you guys can sweep them it will be a massive boost to the confidence of the team. Think back to when you played cricket. When you won, did you care who it was against? NO. A win's a win. Don't devalue the effort and execution that your team has put in to date, they can only play who is against them, and they've done alright thus far.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why is it not worthy? A win is a win. Don't get lulled into the mindset of "but it was a shlt team we should have beaten them". Should have and did are two different states. You can only play who's in front of you, and you executed well in this match. Your team was under pressure in trying to take all 10 WI wickets with 15 overs to go on Day 5, with your captain injured and off the field, and it was able to do it. The batsmen responded with Tamim scoring a ton, and the bowlers responding by taking the 10 wickets needed. That in itself should give BD a massive confidence boost. That's how you develop a winning mentality and mental fortitude - by winning, no matter who it's against. Whoever you won against doesn't matter - the fact is you won. The goal is to keep winning (again no matter who it's again, they all blur into each other after a while).
Thank you again. But I just don't want to be over confident and over react. The way we are celebrating, seems we won against main team. You are right that it may boost up our team morality but as we are very emotional in nature we need to calm down and should wait for a win against any main team. If we start to perform like previous, our cricket will be in trouble.

You are looking all the things from a very optimistic point of view. But judging our previous record I don't want to be over optimistic. We perform good previously but we failed to keep that performance. That's why I want to keep my foot on ground.

Have a Nice Time.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Katich sent a message to Ozgod.

"I love you". chuckle chuckle!!

Nice to see you back. Thanks for the encouragement. Target Harmison and this time finish the job. It's Lord's for crying out loud.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
Thank you again. But I just don't want to be over confident and over react. The way we are celebrating, seems we won against main team. You are right that it may boost up our team morality but as we are very emotional in nature we need to calm down and should wait for a win against any main team. If we start to perform like previous, our cricket will be in trouble.

You are looking all the things from a very optimistic point of view. But judging our previous record I don't want to be over optimistic. We perform good previously but we failed to keep that performance. That's why I want to keep my foot on ground.

Have a Nice Time.
No worries mate, I hear where you're coming from. But you may be underestimating how important winning is to a sportsman's psyche. Think back to when you played sport, in the under-10s, in high school, at uni or socially after uni - which nights were you most psyched, where you felt you could beat anyone and anything seemed possible? After a win I reckon. Winning is infectious, and does wonders for one's mental state. So what if the team was substandard? It's still a win, achieved under conditions similar to that which the other team faced. If winning was so easy the other team should've done it too.

I hear you about the WI team being underpowered, but you can only play who's in front of you, and your goal is to beat them. So far your team has done all expected of it. As long as they keep their feet on the ground and keep wanting to improve on their performances, and have management staff holding them accountable for their performances, that's all you can ask of them.

Cricket is as much mental as physical. I will go so far as to say that if your team can sweep its Caribbean adventure, that will be a huge benefit from a mental point of view and will help you in the future, no matter who they played against. You can only play - and beat - who is in front of you.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Exactly, Ozgod, Exactly.
Right on the money, mate.

A win is a win and i'm really surprised to see some of us are claiming these to be less significant than any other win. Infact, this is one of the most significant wins we'll ever have.
These are the foundations that laid the path for any future wins.

Yes, they had a shamble of a team, but ours werent any greatly prepared to.
This is the first match we are playin after 6 months, with 2 debutants, 4-5 players with experience of only 10-11 tests. Average age of this team is only 22!
Infact two of our senior most players, Capt Mash and ex capt Ash ages 25 and 24 respectively and are the only two players amongst the whole bunch of 22 players to write something about in terms of test experience.

Thanks for your well wishes mate.
Boston, ey?
Miss the sunshine and the beaches from down under?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 14, 2009, 01:19 AM
Inactive

Quote:
No worries mate, I hear where you're coming from. But you may be underestimating how important winning is to a sportsman's psyche. Think back to when you played sport, in the under-10s, in high school, at uni or socially after uni - which nights were you most psyched, where you felt you could beat anyone and anything seemed possible? After a win I reckon. Winning is infectious, and does wonders for one's mental state. So what if the team was substandard? It's still a win, achieved under conditions similar to that which the other team faced. If winning was so easy the other team should've done it too.

I hear you about the WI team being underpowered, but you can only play who's in front of you, and your goal is to beat them. So far your team has done all expected of it. As long as they keep their feet on the ground and keep wanting to improve on their performances, and have management staff holding them accountable for their performances, that's all you can ask of them.

Cricket is as much mental as physical. I will go so far as to say that if your team can sweep its Caribbean adventure, that will be a huge benefit from a mental point of view and will help you in the future, no matter who they played against. You can only play - and beat - who is in front of you.
Addendum: Win is a win. So by that logic Jesus and Warfaze do the wins from the likes of South Africa and Australia against BD doesn't "count" as they are "minnows"? So you should have no room for complaint if we lose against them as it should be "given." Make up your mind dudes.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Appreciated Mr. OZGOD Brother. Thanks
Old July 14, 2009, 01:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titu
thanx

*looks forward to Congrats from Venezuela thread*
It shows bad test Titu. These guys are our real well wishers.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Katich sent a message to Ozgod.

"I love you". chuckle chuckle!!

Nice to see you back. Thanks for the encouragement. Target Harmison and this time finish the job. It's Lord's for crying out loud.
Krapich is an idiot who can't bat, can't bowl, can't field, runs between the wickets like a woman in labour, throws like a girl, and has a funny looking head. Look at him! Looks like some kind of hoodlum. This bloke needs a Gillette Mach III bad.

Old July 14, 2009, 01:28 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
It shows bad test Titu. These guys are our real well wishers.
You misread me brother. Wasn't being snide. I am touched by their support. I was making a joke...
Old July 14, 2009, 01:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

All I'm saying, is DON'T DEVALUE YOUR TEAM'S PERFORMANCE, OR ITS ACHIEVEMENT. It's your first away win and they worked hard for it. Winning is contagious, because hopefully these blokes will remember what it felt like to go into the sheds with a victory under their belt, and will want to experience that feeling again and again. Cricket is mental as well as physical and the mental side is usually the hardest to address.

They won't always win, but hopefully the losses will galvanise them towards wanting to experience that winning feeling again. I know personally - when I was at school I was in a cricket team that lost 20 matches in a row over 2 years. When we finally broke that losing streak none of us EVER wanted to plumb those depths again, even if it meant training every night and on the weekends to make sure it didn't happen (unfortunately it did, but that's another story lol).
Old July 14, 2009, 01:32 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Thanks mate.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Thanks mate
This win is awesome, I'm loving it.. accept I hate the time difference! Why is Australia so issolated from the rest of the world? why? why? why?!!!!!!
Old July 14, 2009, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

OZGOD mate...your comments here are in direct contrast to what you wrote in the caribbean cricket forum....Its really does sound as if you are ridiculing this victory over there....why not be just honest instead of being two faced?...or am I just reading it wrong?...Pls enlighten me...

'Don't be killjoys - this is their best chance to win a Test by beating someone else's B team. Why is the scab team putting such a high price on their wickets?
GIVE BANGLADESH A CHANCE '

http://caribbeancricket.com/topic/927855
Old July 14, 2009, 01:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
OZGOD mate...your comments here are in direct contrast to what you wrote in the caribbean cricket forum....Its really does sound as if you are ridiculing this victory over there....why not be just honest instead of being two faced?...or am I just reading it wrong?...Pls enlighten me...

'Don't be killjoys - this is their best chance to win a Test by beating someone else's B team. Why is the scab team putting such a high price on their wickets?
GIVE BANGLADESH A CHANCE '

http://caribbeancricket.com/topic/927855
I think you're reading it wrong. Victories against B teams don't matter, what matters is the WIN. Whether it was BD who pulled off the victory or the WI B team, it's all about performing against who is in front of you.

And you do know what scab means, don't you? It's the same as "strikebreakers".

And in the interests of balance, do you also want to link the congrats I posted to your team after the win?

http://caribbeancricket.com/topic/927151/4

But if you think I'm being duplicitous, fair enough mate. I'm not an exclusive BD fan, neither am I a WI fan (though I count many people my personal friends on the CC.com forum as well as people on the PP.com forum and Aussiecricket.net forum) and I don't generally feel the need to have to prove my intentions on credentials on any thread or forum - i'm an OZZIE and my first allegiance is to the Baggy Greens. I do however, like most Ozzies, like cheering for the underdog. That happened to be you guys. If you would like me to change my allegience I could probably do that. I would prefer to cheer for BD because you guys are one of the young and growing teams in cricket, and even if my support is not welcome here I'm going to stay and keep cheering, Shehwar. Because you guys deserve it.

Last edited by OZGOD; July 14, 2009 at 01:58 AM..
Old July 14, 2009, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
...I do however, like most Ozzies, like cheering for the underdog. That happened to be you guys. If you would like me to change my allegience I could probably do that. I would prefer to cheer for BD because you guys are one of the young and growing teams in cricket, but if my support is not welcome here I'm happy to leave and switch, Shehwar.
Mate you should support whoever you feel like...Anyone genuinely supporting our team is greatly appreciated but then again you are not doing us a favor by supporting our team...I read your post over here where you sounded genuinely happy for us and then I read your post over there and got pretty confused about the genuineness of your congrats...so Im glad you clarified it and all is all good now...
Old July 14, 2009, 02:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Mate you should support whoever you feel like...Anyone genuinely supporting our team is greatly appreciated but then again you are not doing us a favor by supporting our team...I read your post over here where you sounded genuinely happy for us and then I read your post over there and got pretty confused about the genuineness of your congrats...so Im glad you clarified it and all is all good now...
I'm not supporting your team for you though. I'm supporting it for me. Is this a problem? It seems like it's a problem.

(Can't believe we're having an argument on a congratulations thread!)